Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
It pays to 'know' people. Earlier this evening (when it was still Friday) I received my copy of a certain DVD set that won't be available to the general public until tuesday.

I guess I'm just special.

Tank (who thinks the best part is that he didn't have to pay for it either)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
razz
I just got an e-mail from Amazon.com that my copy has been shipped. So there! wink
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh Tank, I'm green with envy! smile1

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Actually, I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I never got a copy 'shipped' to me. I never ordered one.

I have a completely different 'source' for my DVD. It pays to know people who own comic book stores.

Tank (who still hasn't had time to look over the DVD yet)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
completely different 'source' for my DVD
HUZZAH THE PUBLICITY NOD!!! HUZZAH!!

Downtown, ST. Paul, Larpenter and Snelling...now where's my free swag?

TEEEEEEEJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I haven't wathced the commentary of the pilot yet, but the other special featurettes are pleasant enough. All the principals, except Lane Smith and Michael Landis, are interviewed during the little 'making of' features.

Oh, and the scene with the (poorly) disguised Lois coming into the Planet in the beginning of the pilot has been restored.

Tank (who didnt' note Elizabeth's Barondes absense from commentary because he never considered her a principal character)

Merriwether
Merriwether
For the extras (the interviews with the actors), are these recent interviews that were done just for the DVD, or are they old interviews from around the time the pilot was made (or when the show was on the air) that are only being made available now?

Just curious.

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just got my shipping email from Amazon too! Yay! party

Features Writer
Features Writer
For the extras (the interviews with the actors), are these recent interviews that were done just for the DVD,
Kathy, they showed a couple of snippets from the DVD featurette on Extra! last week, and there is definitely new stuff there. Whether or not they've also included old footage, I don't know.

You can see a couple of screen caps and a WMP file of the Extra! footage here on Zoom's boards.

DVD on Extra

The WMP file is about halfway down the first page of the thread.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Yeah the interviews were definitely new, intercut with scenes, and stuff from the time of the show.

Could've wished for a bit more, but considering how long after the fact this is, it's not bad.

Tank (who enjoyed the story of Teri's need to cut her hair to get the part)

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
L&C is on official DVD now? Ack. I need to go look...

I still have my unofficial set (thank you!), but if I can find the official DVDs on sale sometime, I might pick them up.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOOHOO!!!!!! I got mine in the mail today!!!!! Watching it now, this is the best day ever!!!!!!! party party party

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I *just* got my e-mail today (the day I should have received it) that Amazon.com just shipped my DVD. Tell me again why I pre-ordered it?? (hopefully I saved money over buying it in the stores)....

I'm bummed...........

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Merriwether
Merriwether
June is a crazily, insanely busy month for me. Catching up on grading, writing finals, grading finals, coming up with third trimester grades . . . and we won't even discuss how nuts it gets in the school office!

So it took until June 20th for me to realize that I had never ordered the DVD! jump

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard