Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Tank Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/04/05 02:22 AM
It pays to 'know' people. Earlier this evening (when it was still Friday) I received my copy of a certain DVD set that won't be available to the general public until tuesday.

I guess I'm just special.

Tank (who thinks the best part is that he didn't have to pay for it either)
Posted By: Artemis Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/04/05 08:44 PM
razz
I just got an e-mail from Amazon.com that my copy has been shipped. So there! wink
cool
Artemis
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/04/05 09:08 PM
Oh Tank, I'm green with envy! smile1
Posted By: Tank Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/04/05 11:45 PM
Actually, I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I never got a copy 'shipped' to me. I never ordered one.

I have a completely different 'source' for my DVD. It pays to know people who own comic book stores.

Tank (who still hasn't had time to look over the DVD yet)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/04/05 11:47 PM
completely different 'source' for my DVD
HUZZAH THE PUBLICITY NOD!!! HUZZAH!!

Downtown, ST. Paul, Larpenter and Snelling...now where's my free swag?

TEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/05/05 01:05 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Tank Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 06:55 AM
I haven't wathced the commentary of the pilot yet, but the other special featurettes are pleasant enough. All the principals, except Lane Smith and Michael Landis, are interviewed during the little 'making of' features.

Oh, and the scene with the (poorly) disguised Lois coming into the Planet in the beginning of the pilot has been restored.

Tank (who didnt' note Elizabeth's Barondes absense from commentary because he never considered her a principal character)
Posted By: KathyB Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 02:35 PM
For the extras (the interviews with the actors), are these recent interviews that were done just for the DVD, or are they old interviews from around the time the pilot was made (or when the show was on the air) that are only being made available now?

Just curious.

Kathy
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 03:02 PM
I just got my shipping email from Amazon too! Yay! party
Posted By: KathyM Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 03:24 PM
For the extras (the interviews with the actors), are these recent interviews that were done just for the DVD,
Kathy, they showed a couple of snippets from the DVD featurette on Extra! last week, and there is definitely new stuff there. Whether or not they've also included old footage, I don't know.

You can see a couple of screen caps and a WMP file of the Extra! footage here on Zoom's boards.

DVD on Extra

The WMP file is about halfway down the first page of the thread.

Kathy
Posted By: Tank Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 07:08 PM
Yeah the interviews were definitely new, intercut with scenes, and stuff from the time of the show.

Could've wished for a bit more, but considering how long after the fact this is, it's not bad.

Tank (who enjoyed the story of Teri's need to cut her hair to get the part)
Posted By: EmilyH Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 08:09 PM
L&C is on official DVD now? Ack. I need to go look...

I still have my unofficial set (thank you!), but if I can find the official DVDs on sale sometime, I might pick them up.
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/06/05 08:39 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!! I got mine in the mail today!!!!! Watching it now, this is the best day ever!!!!!!! party party party
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/07/05 09:49 PM
Well, I *just* got my e-mail today (the day I should have received it) that Amazon.com just shipped my DVD. Tell me again why I pre-ordered it?? (hopefully I saved money over buying it in the stores)....

I'm bummed...........
Posted By: rivka Re: Gosh! Is it June 7th already? - 06/23/05 05:49 PM
June is a crazily, insanely busy month for me. Catching up on grading, writing finals, grading finals, coming up with third trimester grades . . . and we won't even discuss how nuts it gets in the school office!

So it took until June 20th for me to realize that I had never ordered the DVD! jump
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards