Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#203222 05/18/05 05:05 PM
B
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
I know that i'm new to these boards, but this is the biggest group of people that I can think of at the moment. I dont want to offend anyone with this favor, so if you don't believe in God then, please do not read further. About 20 mins ago I recieved news that my older brother is in ICU, his lung collapsed, he is going to be a first time father in september, he's having a baby girl, he and his wife found out monday what they were having. Im asking with all my heart and soul for anyone to pray for him and his family. Please. Thank you

Dear Aquaman, Tell all the fishes Merry Christmas
Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake
A Very Tim and Cassie Christmas
#203223 05/18/05 05:11 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You're not offending anyone I don't think. Whether you believe in God or not, prayer is something we all need from time to time. I will keep you, your brother and his entire family in my thoughts! So sorry to hear what you are going through! Take care and don't underestimate the power of prayer and positive thinking! It sounds like your brother has a lot to live (and fight) for, have faith that he will pull through! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

We are all friendly here, I'm sure if you need to talk or vent anytime there are plenty of us here who will be happy to listen. In the meantime take care of your family and keep us posted on your brother if you can!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#203224 05/18/05 05:24 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I'm not much for praying, Bgirl, but I am definitely keeping your brother in my thoughts!

I think that with the power of prayer and positive thinking together, as SuperGem said, your brother can fight this.

We're here for support, so don't ever hesitate to ask!!

Best wishes to you and your family!!! Please keep us updated. smile

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#203225 05/18/05 05:28 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I don't really believe in God, but, believe me, I sympathise incredibly! My mother had complications from surgery and was on a ventillator for most of the month of December, and was in the ICU for various complications for the entire month of December and part of January. I understand what your family must be going through in this tough time. I'll keep your brother and your family in my thoughts and hope everything turns out well.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#203226 05/18/05 07:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No problem, prayer's what I do best. Know that I am praying for your family, and take comfort in God's strength. Did he get in some kind of accident? If you don't feel like talking about it, that's more than fine. Anyway, I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Peace,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#203227 05/18/05 07:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey smile I'll add my prayers to the others. Hope your brother is better soon!

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
#203228 05/18/05 07:46 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
May God grant he will welcome his baby girl, and both will be completely healthy. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#203229 05/18/05 08:45 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Like others, I can't offer you prayers, but know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that your brother pulls through this just fine.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#203230 05/19/05 02:19 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Your brother will be in my prayers, Bgirl. I hope everything turns out fine.
And remember we'll be here if you need someone to talk to.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#203231 05/19/05 03:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your brother will be in my prayers, too, Bgirl. Have faith. May the Lord bless and keep you and your brother in his love.

God is our refuge and strenght, a very present help in troble.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#203232 05/19/05 05:38 AM
B
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
Thank you all for your support

The reason his lung collapsed is unknown, but a catalyst is the fact that he works with fiberglass everyday..He was moved to a different room in the hospital and is no longer in ICU..He is doing better but is in a lot of pain and cannot return to work for at least 3 months..Thank you all again, I will keep you posted.

#203233 05/20/05 03:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the update, and I'm so glad he's pulled through the night, at least. I didn't see this thread until today, but it sounds like he's still going to need to be covered in prayer, so I'll keep on praying. For him and his family; it's incredibly stressful to have to watch someone you love go through something like this.

God bless you all.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#203234 05/20/05 04:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Bgirl,

Glad that your brother is doing better. I'll definitely keep him and your family (and his baby) in my prayers!

Hoping everything will turn out fine,
Jill smile

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#203235 05/21/05 06:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'll pray for him also, then--adding the family to my prayer list! God be with you all during this.

Vaya con Dios,
Doranwen

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#203236 05/21/05 07:33 PM
B
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
Big hugs to everyone!

My brother is feeling and doing a lot better now. They sent him home, but he still has a tube in his right lung for a few days.

I would like to whole heartedly thank everyone for their support, it really, really helped to know that there was support for my family in their time of need.

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

You all have a GREAT day!

#203237 05/21/05 09:10 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
That's great to hear, Bgirl!!! May he recover swiftly and enjoy the experience of being a father for the first time! smile

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#203238 05/22/05 07:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Praise God smile

That's great news. I'll keep on praying for his continued recovery.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#203239 05/22/05 10:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that's just great to hear! I hope he continues to do well!

JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#203240 05/22/05 11:28 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
smile smile smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#203241 05/22/05 11:38 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful news! Crossing my fingers and thinking good thoughts that his progress will be swift.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard