Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Bgirl2004 Favor - 05/18/05 09:05 PM
I know that i'm new to these boards, but this is the biggest group of people that I can think of at the moment. I dont want to offend anyone with this favor, so if you don't believe in God then, please do not read further. About 20 mins ago I recieved news that my older brother is in ICU, his lung collapsed, he is going to be a first time father in september, he's having a baby girl, he and his wife found out monday what they were having. Im asking with all my heart and soul for anyone to pray for him and his family. Please. Thank you
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: Favor - 05/18/05 09:11 PM
You're not offending anyone I don't think. Whether you believe in God or not, prayer is something we all need from time to time. I will keep you, your brother and his entire family in my thoughts! So sorry to hear what you are going through! Take care and don't underestimate the power of prayer and positive thinking! It sounds like your brother has a lot to live (and fight) for, have faith that he will pull through! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

We are all friendly here, I'm sure if you need to talk or vent anytime there are plenty of us here who will be happy to listen. In the meantime take care of your family and keep us posted on your brother if you can!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Favor - 05/18/05 09:24 PM
I'm not much for praying, Bgirl, but I am definitely keeping your brother in my thoughts!

I think that with the power of prayer and positive thinking together, as SuperGem said, your brother can fight this.

We're here for support, so don't ever hesitate to ask!!

Best wishes to you and your family!!! Please keep us updated. smile

Sara smile
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Favor - 05/18/05 09:28 PM
I don't really believe in God, but, believe me, I sympathise incredibly! My mother had complications from surgery and was on a ventillator for most of the month of December, and was in the ICU for various complications for the entire month of December and part of January. I understand what your family must be going through in this tough time. I'll keep your brother and your family in my thoughts and hope everything turns out well.

- Laura
Posted By: Shadow Re: Favor - 05/18/05 11:26 PM
No problem, prayer's what I do best. Know that I am praying for your family, and take comfort in God's strength. Did he get in some kind of accident? If you don't feel like talking about it, that's more than fine. Anyway, I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Peace,
JD
Posted By: JenniJac Re: Favor - 05/18/05 11:36 PM
Hey smile I'll add my prayers to the others. Hope your brother is better soon!
Posted By: rivka Re: Favor - 05/18/05 11:46 PM
May God grant he will welcome his baby girl, and both will be completely healthy. smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Favor - 05/19/05 12:45 AM
Like others, I can't offer you prayers, but know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that your brother pulls through this just fine.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Favor - 05/19/05 06:19 AM
Your brother will be in my prayers, Bgirl. I hope everything turns out fine.
And remember we'll be here if you need someone to talk to.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Favor - 05/19/05 07:13 AM
Your brother will be in my prayers, too, Bgirl. Have faith. May the Lord bless and keep you and your brother in his love.

God is our refuge and strenght, a very present help in troble.
Posted By: Bgirl2004 Re: Favor - 05/19/05 09:38 AM
Thank you all for your support

The reason his lung collapsed is unknown, but a catalyst is the fact that he works with fiberglass everyday..He was moved to a different room in the hospital and is no longer in ICU..He is doing better but is in a lot of pain and cannot return to work for at least 3 months..Thank you all again, I will keep you posted.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Favor - 05/20/05 07:38 AM
Thanks for the update, and I'm so glad he's pulled through the night, at least. I didn't see this thread until today, but it sounds like he's still going to need to be covered in prayer, so I'll keep on praying. For him and his family; it's incredibly stressful to have to watch someone you love go through something like this.

God bless you all.

PJ
Posted By: DocJill Re: Favor - 05/20/05 08:16 PM
Hi Bgirl,

Glad that your brother is doing better. I'll definitely keep him and your family (and his baby) in my prayers!

Hoping everything will turn out fine,
Jill smile
Posted By: Doranwen Re: Favor - 05/21/05 10:56 PM
I'll pray for him also, then--adding the family to my prayer list! God be with you all during this.

Vaya con Dios,
Doranwen
Posted By: Bgirl2004 Re: Favor - 05/21/05 11:33 PM
Big hugs to everyone!

My brother is feeling and doing a lot better now. They sent him home, but he still has a tube in his right lung for a few days.

I would like to whole heartedly thank everyone for their support, it really, really helped to know that there was support for my family in their time of need.

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

You all have a GREAT day!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Favor - 05/22/05 01:10 AM
That's great to hear, Bgirl!!! May he recover swiftly and enjoy the experience of being a father for the first time! smile

Sara smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Favor - 05/22/05 11:36 AM
Praise God smile

That's great news. I'll keep on praying for his continued recovery.

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: Favor - 05/22/05 02:50 PM
Oh, that's just great to hear! I hope he continues to do well!

JD
dance
Posted By: rivka Re: Favor - 05/22/05 03:28 PM
smile smile smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Favor - 05/22/05 03:38 PM
Wonderful news! Crossing my fingers and thinking good thoughts that his progress will be swift.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Favor - 05/23/05 07:47 AM
I'm very glad for your brother, Bgirl!! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: Favor - 05/29/05 11:37 PM
I am posting late...as usual blush

But I am Glad to know that your brother is doing better smile

Karla
Posted By: Bgirl2004 Re: Favor - 10/14/05 12:45 AM
I would like to thank you all again for your support! I thought I would update and say that all is still doing quite well with my brother and his family. My neice was born 3 weeks ago a healthy baby girl they named her Grace McKenna and 6lbs 10oz 19 inches long! She is a great baby and as soon as I can I will post a pic to anyone interested lol...im such a proud aunt! Thank you all again! hyper hyper hyper hyper
Posted By: Doranwen Re: Favor - 10/14/05 03:06 PM
Well, congratulations, Aunt! laugh Sure, post a pic--I'm sure people would love to see! smile
Posted By: LordNor Re: Favor - 10/15/05 12:45 PM
I will continue to pray for everything to be better
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Favor - 10/18/05 08:14 PM
Congrats! I hope all is well.
party
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Favor - 10/19/05 09:12 AM
Yea!!!!

party

James
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favor - 10/22/05 11:29 AM
Just read this topic. How're things now?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards