Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
This one requires a link, since I'm not about to sit here and roll dice for y'all. wink

Petals Around the Rose

Have fun! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
hehehe....I figured it out!!!!
cool

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
I got it! Took me a while, just about smashed the laptop in frustration... wink But I finally got it!

Thanks, Rivka, this was fun!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! I grok petals around the rose!

yeah, figured it out but that was fun, thanks Rivka!

Carole smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's a cool game. We actually did it in a psych class I took last year...Why I don't recall...

jd

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
That is interesting. I cheated and looked up the source code somewhere after playing a few dozen times, but still interesting.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was extremely frustrating... <g>

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's interesting, because I actually thought they had given too much away in their instructions. They said, "the name of the game is significant", and I thought, "well, my guess would be that this means the answer is <deleted so as not to give spoiler>".

So I tried my hypothesis, and sure enough I was able to win the game with 6 straight guesses.

(It took me a bit longer to figure out the rule for "Deep but not Profound"! lol)

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
That's funny, Vicki. The first time I was shown PAtR it took me AGES and I finally gave up and found some hints. This time, I thought I remembered (but was off a drop) so it took me a few rolls to remember the answer.

But Deep, but not Profound I twigged almost immediately.

huh Numbers versus letters? Dunno.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I was looking at this way too mathematically! I was trying to add/subtract/multiply/divide/square until i finally cheated and found out the answer by searching on google. goofy I got deep but not profound almost instantly. Weird, because I like numbers way better than letters!

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A-ha! Finally got it. Thank you, Laura, your answer was very very helpful to me laugh I googled, too, and although I didn't find any spoilers, there was a graphic that helped. Also a comment about how the smarter you are, the longer it takes you to figure this out... not sure if that's right, but it makes me feel better goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Laura, exactly! I think it might be that those of us who like numbers are used to manipulating them in very specific ways . . . and this is not one of them. goofy

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Also a comment about how the smarter you are, the longer it takes you to figure this out...
Oh, dear. eek

Actually, Rivka, I like numbers more than words, too. I think that is why I felt they gave away the answer when they said the name was significant. If they hadn't said that, I'm sure I'd still be trying to manipulate the digits on those dice!

I really don't know why the answer seemed to pop out at me like that. Maybe I was just tired. huh

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sometimes these things just click. That's what happens when you're dealing with messy, organic, neural networks. wink

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura, I was doing the same thing - I kept doing math. Too frustrating.

Julie razz

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dang, I'm as smart as Bill Gates. But not as rich!
(It took him a loonng time).
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
This is nice! Well, rule n.1 is a spoiler, but not so much: my friend (degree in mathematics,by the way) took ages to understand! I'm going to try with dad...

simona smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard