Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#202485 03/03/05 06:38 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I think we all need our computers to do this for us ... especially when we are trying to write and the words aren't coming, LOL!

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html

Put in your first name when asked.

Kathy smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Could come in very handy indeed. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ROTFL!!

From Netropolis Design, huh?

Carole smile1

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Cute! I sent it to my roommate, and she looked at the rest of the page, and then she found a tricky logic puzzle which we sent to a former professor of ours and he challenged us to solve it. It took us a great hour to solve (meaning that we didn't have to do real work for a whole hour).

And she thought this was especially funny (given that a few BME PhD students who read it agreed that the horrible chemical should be banned after reading this wink .)

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
The moment I saw "dihydrogen monoxide", I knew what the joke is going to be. That said, the effects of dihydrogen monoxide do sound rather serious, don't they? *grin*

Something about the term "dihydrogen monoxide" just sound weird to me. I think, if we are going to be "chemisty" about it, it should be "hydrogen hydroxide". Makes more sense than "dihydrogen monoxide". :p After all, protons have some stuff in common with Group 1 ions, and if we are going to say sodium hydroxide, why not hydrogen hydroxide?

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwww. /me gives her computer a great big hug for being so sweet! laugh

Thanks for sharing, Kathy. rotflol

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, I loved that. If only my computer would do that to me regularly.

After all, protons have some stuff in common with Group 1 ions, and if we are going to say sodium hydroxide, why not hydrogen hydroxide?
Because Hydrogen always has to be special and difficult...pssh.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
And because, while polar, water is closer to covalent than ionic. So we name it as a covalent compound -- or we would, if anyone bothered to actually call it anything other than water. wink

There's a song , too. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard