Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KathyB Computers who love us ;) - 03/03/05 10:38 AM
I think we all need our computers to do this for us ... especially when we are trying to write and the words aren't coming, LOL!

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html

Put in your first name when asked.

Kathy smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/03/05 10:55 AM
LOL! Could come in very handy indeed. laugh

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/04/05 08:13 AM
ROTFL!!

From Netropolis Design, huh?

Carole smile1
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/04/05 10:33 AM
Cute! I sent it to my roommate, and she looked at the rest of the page, and then she found a tricky logic puzzle which we sent to a former professor of ours and he challenged us to solve it. It took us a great hour to solve (meaning that we didn't have to do real work for a whole hour).

And she thought this was especially funny (given that a few BME PhD students who read it agreed that the horrible chemical should be banned after reading this wink .)

- Laura
Posted By: metwin1 Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/04/05 11:16 AM
The moment I saw "dihydrogen monoxide", I knew what the joke is going to be. That said, the effects of dihydrogen monoxide do sound rather serious, don't they? *grin*

Something about the term "dihydrogen monoxide" just sound weird to me. I think, if we are going to be "chemisty" about it, it should be "hydrogen hydroxide". Makes more sense than "dihydrogen monoxide". :p After all, protons have some stuff in common with Group 1 ions, and if we are going to say sodium hydroxide, why not hydrogen hydroxide?
Posted By: LabRat Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/04/05 01:41 PM
Awwwwwwwwww. /me gives her computer a great big hug for being so sweet! laugh

Thanks for sharing, Kathy. rotflol

LabRat smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/04/05 02:12 PM
LOL, I loved that. If only my computer would do that to me regularly.

After all, protons have some stuff in common with Group 1 ions, and if we are going to say sodium hydroxide, why not hydrogen hydroxide?
Because Hydrogen always has to be special and difficult...pssh.

JD
Posted By: rivka Re: Computers who love us ;) - 03/06/05 02:18 PM
And because, while polar, water is closer to covalent than ionic. So we name it as a covalent compound -- or we would, if anyone bothered to actually call it anything other than water. wink

There's a song , too. laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards