Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#202333 02/18/05 06:48 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm somewhat amazed that no one has started a thread on this episode yet. But operating on the assumption that you were just waiting for someone else to be first, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I liked it. smile

As much as last week's episode had me rolling my eyes and wanting to throw things at the TV for bad writing, this one had me sitting forward on the couch grinning. It doesn't send me into peals of delight like a similar-themed "Lois & Clark" episode would have, but it was darn cute.

Which is even more amazing, given how much I was dreading it. I really thought it would be stupid. I mean, *Krypto*?? Come on! But I will step up to eat those words, since I really thought this was a fun episode.

The L&C banter was fun and cute, as was the "Scooby Do" crime solving plot. I don't think TW and ED had the sexual tension that they'd had in earlier episodes of the season (the shower scene, the hair ruffle) but the bickering was fun, especially when they'd zing each other, then turn around to secretly grin. That, in turn, made me grin. smile

I also liked how Lois inserted herself into any conversation about the dog's name, just assuming that she should get an equal vote in what Clark should name him, even though it's not her house and she presumably won't be taking care of it. <g> (And maybe most telling of all -- Clark *lets* her! LOL!)

Most memorable dialogue:

"Come on, Clarkie."
"We're not calling him Clarkie!"
"Is it just the "ie" you don't like? Because we can change *your* name ..."

LOL, it was cute.

I also liked how Jonathan and Martha just treat Lois like one of the family, like one of their own kids ... it's like they somehow know she's going to end up being their daughter-in-law. wink (Though I'll raise the same "oh give me a break" that I did for L&C's GGGoH -- you're trying to tell me that a big farmhouse like that only has two bedrooms?? Plu-eze.)

Side plots ... Chloe's still dropping hints, still being the perfect girl for Clark. You know, I love her, I feel sorry for her, but she needs to move on. I can see the writing on the wall now, though, that she will become the "Lana" character from the comics. The girl who loved him from afar, knew his secret, but was left behind heartbroken.

Lex/Genevieve/Jason/Lionel/Lana ... um, ok, whatever ... MR is still being totally wasted, Genevieve still gives me the major heebie-jeebies, mildly interesting to learn some more about the Countess woman's ancient past. Jason/Lana ... well, I guess I knew they couldn't stay happy. I still like him, even though he's apparently been lying to Lana. I want him to remain a good guy, though.

Next week's preview ... wow, and I thought I was dreading Krypto from the previews. This could be an interesting episode, or it could be really, really hokey. When it was over, I turned to my husband and said, "What is this? Smallville meets Angel?"

OK, now it's your turn -- I can't be the only one with an opinion about this episode!

Kathy

#202334 02/18/05 06:52 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoops. Three minutes late. Sorry, Kathy! I'll copy my comments from the other thread and ask the moderators to kill my other post.

-----

Hey, what happened to CC and Lynn? It's been days since the episode aired, but no thread has appeared.

I have to say the episode had only two bright moments with everything else utterly forgettable.

One had Chloe talking with Clark:

Chloe: "So how's your guest doing?"

Clark: "Lois? Well, she's re-recorded our answering machine message, uses up all the hot water, and has taken over my bedroom. She's doing fine!"

The second had Lois talking to Clark:

Lois: "Well, let's see. He's annoying and I can't get within 10 feet of him without getting sick. So we'll call him, Clarkie!"

At this point, I had visions of a small black and white teddy bear. rotflol

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#202335 02/18/05 06:59 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
GMTA, Roger. Three days with no posts, and you and I post within 3 minutes of each other. LOL.

Second thread has been deleted. smile

Kathy

#202336 02/18/05 02:36 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
This was a great ep. I loved the banter, but also had to wonder how Lois couldn't figure out that the dog had powers, especially since Clark could have explained that without letting on about his.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#202337 02/19/05 07:57 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey guys,

I'm a big dog-lover (have 2 cocker spaniels, one the same color as Krypto/Shelby) so I thought the episode was adorable.

Did anyone catch the vet's name as being "Dr. Kline/Klein?" I thought that was a nice thumbs-up to LnC!

I'm figuring that with Lois and Clark sniping at each other so much that they are actually in love and don't know it yet! It's no fun to snark at someone you don't like, and the smiling behind the back thing was soooooo cute!

Remember, Smallville is in an ELSEWORLD....

where Chloe = Lana, Lois and Clark fall in love in college, and Lex knows that Clark is Superman right from the get-go (as President of the U.S., he finds out anyway )- remember back in the sixties, there was a comics story which showed Superman revealing his alter-ego to President Kennedy? - Am I totally dating myself or what???

Ah, what the HECK. I enjoy the show. Even the comics don't follow continuity anymore - there are two origin stories going - Byrne's and Birthright - hey I'm just looking from some sci-fi relief from the grind of working every day!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#202338 02/20/05 08:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry to be late to the party.

I did like this episode. In a low-maintenance, feel good sorta way. It just made me smile and had very few eye-rolling moments, so I consider it quite a success.

Especially I loved the easy teasing between Lois and Clark. Loved her insistance on calling the dog "Clarkie". Very cute.

I liked the moment when Chloe stepped up and helped Clark out when Krypto pulled the tractor through the fence. She's already starting to cover for him, and I think this is what it's going to take for him to trust her enough to accept that she knows his secret.

Still trying hard to sit still through the Lana stuff. Next week's episode looks to be completely pain-enducing.

Don't have much else.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#202339 02/22/05 04:33 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Here I am with my opinion.

A regular episode with funny scenes, I just hate the Lana/Lex/Jason/Genevive *thing*, lana is not someone I like anymore, I prefer Chloe, so sad she wont be in Clark´s future.

My favorite quotes:

Clark: you hit him? with your car?
Lois: *sarcasm* no with my fist.

*about the tractor*
"It rolled..." Clark
"Weird" Lois
"Weird, but it happens!" Chloe covering for Clark

"On a scale of weird to ten"

"We can always drop the ie, but that would be confusing, so maybe we should call you Skipper."

"Hmm, he's annoying, and everytime I get within 10 feet of him I get sick, I think we should call him Clarkie."

*Table is down and food is laying about, with Krypto eating*
"Remember when Clark did that?!"

"Slow down there, Forrest Gump. What are you gonna do, run?" - Lois to Clark

"Maybe you should get together with my father and write a parenting book. I'm sure it will be a best-seller." - Lex to Genevive

"You're going to be fine. I know you're going to be fine. Everyone I've ever hit was alright....achoo." - Lois

#202340 02/22/05 05:09 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
On Lana, it does seem that her story lines are diverging further and further away from Clark's to the point where they don't even seem like they belong on the same show.

It seems that this Countess storyline is just to give Lana something to do because she's exhausted all possibilities with Clark. Unfortunately, that also leads to a marginalization of Lex and Lionel.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard