Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#200108 06/20/04 08:22 AM
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I know she'll probably kill me for saying this, but if I don't do something, I'm gonna explode, so... I'd like to take this opportunity to throw a great big party for Sas, who recently did herself proud and got the grade she needed to graduate from Journalism School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So she's now qualified, and even more good news is that she's going to celebrate it in London for a year... where she'll improve her English, continue to write lots, and even pop into an Internet cafe once in a while!!!!!!!!!!! <b>(isn't that right, Sas????? thumbsup hyper

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Merriwether
Merriwether
WOOHOOO! Go Sas!

dance dance dance dance
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congrats, Sas!!! party

Kaethel smile (jealous over the spending a year in the UK part!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
WTG, Sas!! Never had any doubts you could do it. Have a ball in the UK!

dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Way to go, Sas! party party party

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoohoo, Way To Go, Sas!

dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance

party party party party party party party

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Congrats Sas!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats WONDERFUL news!!!! *does a happy dance* And also have a BLAST in the UK!!!!!!! Wish I could go...I want details!!!!!

Later Days!
Andie thumbsup notworthy

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations, Saskia!!! That is amazing news! Have fun in the UK! (I just recently went for the first time and loved it, wish I could go back and stay longer!)
thumbsup laugh thumbsup

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Top Banana
Top Banana
CONGRATS!! Way To Go!!

smile1 smile1 smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! You are now really, honest-to-goodnessly Lois Lane material!!

Congratulations, Sas! Hope you have a great time in London.

dance

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Congratulations, Saskia! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think I've already told youy a few times, and even though I'm still worried of the effects it might have on your ego laugh I'll say it once more: Congrats,Sas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I didn't have doubts you'd make it. It's the fair result of all the hard work.

Cris

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sas!!! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations Sas, you deserve it! Have a great time in the UK. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you all for celebrating with me. It's still hard to believe I actually made it, especially since it was the second time in a month I had to defend myself in front of my teachers. But I made it, so all the troubles and doubts were worth it in the end.

I'm pretty sure I'll be having a lot of fun in London. I wish it was time to leave yet, but still three more months to prepare. Like how am I ever going to get all my stuff in just 20kg of luggage...

I do know that I have still access to the internet, so I'll be around, though far less often than I'm used to. I'm thinking of setting up a blog, so who knows, maybe you'll be able to follow all my adventures. wink

Sara, why would I want to kill you? I mean, we all know I'm such a nice girl! laugh And writing fic? Erm, yes, well, ehm, you see, I'll try. I can't promise anything about that, but my laptop goes with me, so any ideas I might get, will be written down.

Lynn, I'm not like Lois at all when it comes to reporting. Gimme low-key, soft and human stories any time of the day! I'm more like Clark in that field. <g>

I'll keep my ego locked away, Cris, after all the boosting you've done for it. wink

Jill, it's pretty much impossible for me to forget all of you. How can I forget about friends? So I'll pop by now and then. I've heard they have internet cafe's in London. smile1

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Like how am I ever going to get all my stuff in just 20kg of luggage...
Saskia, you might want to talk to Kaethel... I believe she actually managed it once! smile1 Though I hope people have warned you what an expensive place London is...? eek

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Saskia, you might want to talk to Kaethel... I believe she actually managed it once!
:rolleyes: "I say nothing..." [(c)John]

Kaethel wink

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Wendy!! smile

Yes, I'm aware London is expensive. I'm staying with a host family, who will provide for a lot of food. Plus, with my bank account and my parents on the back up (once in a while you've got to love them! laugh ), I should be okay. Besides, I should be able to find to find a job there for several hours.

I've also heard Kae once made it within the 20 kg... And normally, I make it too if it's just packing for one or two weeks... but nine months? shock That won't fit in one suitcase, or I should suddenly be able to walk in short through London in the middle of the winter. wink But it seems there's a way around it.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Congratulations, Saskia! [Linked Image]

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Man, I am *so* jealous... <g>

Have a great time, Sas smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard