Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just found you guys, where did you go? I didn't see any comments on the last show. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Laura -

Yes, we have been unusually quiet this week. For me, part of that has been that I've been extremely busy and then extremely sick <g>.

As for the episode, I think the reason I didn't start a thread is that the episode was so-so for me. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. As a matter of fact, as I sit here a week later, I'm struggling to remember what happened.

One thing I must comment on - now that Clark has seen and heard Lex communicating with that Dr. Tang, I don't see how our boy can ever trust Lex again. Not that Lex revealed any evil connection or such, but he did (IRC) confess to offering her money to fund her research. Clark could only believe that such research involved his blood, so I would think that he now would see that Lex has an interest in him still. Much as I love the bald-headed great one, wouldn't trust him as far as I can pick him up and heave him.

Other than that, the entire "back from the dead" thing really pushes it for me. I think I must be a very wishy-washy person, because sometimes when Smallville deviates from canon I love it. Other times - like implying that Superman's blood has the power to resurrect people - I just think it's stupid. I don't know. Maybe this will develop into something.

Don't know if we'll see any more comments on this thread, but if tonight's episode is better than last week's I'll be back. And we are looking at a long hiatus between new episodes after this week. So maybe I'll start up discussions on older episodes. I just watched "Obscura" from Season 1 this past Sunday, and I have some things I need to take up with CC <vbg>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know, Laura! We owe you an apology! You found us and we promised you great things, and then this week, sigh, Lynn really, really dropped the ball...

Ok- well, I still haven't actually seen the episode, and now the pressure's on as we have rolled around to Wed. nite again.

I'll try to do better this week.

CC(racing off to watch Obscura...bring it on, Lynn, I'll philosophize all over your #*!#@.)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Columnist
Columnist
Laura, I've been waiting on this thread, too! Just to read the debates I know others will have.

I'm like Lynn. This ep was so so. I mean, seeing TW any time is a good thing. Just like with Dean. Eye candy's eye candy! And we have to keep those eyes happy! clap

I had a problem with Lex, too, Lynn. How can Clark not be upset about this? He heard enough to know the guy's up to no good. I think he was also supposed to hear enough to think that Lex was trying to 'fix' things, but they failed in that aspect. I look forward to the evolving Lex Luthor more than anything these days. We all know Clark will be Superman one day, but this Lex leaves you guessing about his character.

So glad we didn't have a huge Chlois dynamic this week. Haven't I mentioned that I really don't want Chloe to be Lois? Sorry CC!

Don't have the first season eps to watch and debate with you guys, but I look forward to the war! Might even help with the tension by adding fuel to the fire now and then. evil

CC, watch this ep so we can get your opinion! And let's hope tonight is better!

SQD

Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey all. I am glad you are still here. Ok tonight we'll see what happens. I'll check in tomorrow. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, Smallville is the show that got me re-interested in the whole Superman schtick again. I read Superman/Batman, etc comics from when I was 9 (have Action Comics #300 in very BAD condition HA HA - "Superman under the Red Sun"). My brothers got me hooked.

Started watching Smallville, then last May-June ('030), I took a road trip around the country for a month and started watching Lois & Clark reruns on TBS...saw the entire series 2x's before they took it off the air (bummer). Have quite a few on tape...the 1st and the last episodes, their wedding....

Then I bought the 25th anniversary edition of Superman I on video, then Superman II and III (IV was really stupid)...It's an addiction for sure!

Then I discovered this site....now I'm reading comics again, watching Smallville and reading Lois & Clark fanfic@@@ Pretty sad for an almost 50 yr old huh?? Even though some of the Smallville ep's are really out there, I watch it faithfully .....I get sick of the "FOTW"s and really enjoy it the most when they stick to the legend...but they have a "teflon" effect on me anyway...whatever they do, I'll keep watching. And yes, Tom Welling is dandy candy...

I'll be watching it tonite after I come back from big band rehearsal (I play the piano in a swing band and we rehearse on Wed's nites).

I'll be BACK to see what you guys thought!@ Chris

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, I think Lex took Clarks spying too lightly and Clark took Lex's involvement too lightly. I have a hard time believing Mr Luthor Sr is going to kill himself off, but who knows. The phone from the future thing was weird. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think it's going to be a long six weeks until the next episode!!

First question - of many, I might add. Do you think that Pappa Luthor has already injected himself with the serum yet? I agree with Laura. He won't kill himself. Too much evil to be done yet <g>.

Second question - what is with Lana just accepting Clark's non-answer of her "how did you get there so fast?" I don't know who's more stupid, her for accepting it or Clark for offering it. He's pulled some lame stuff before, but this was the worst. If she doesn't have a clue by now that something is up with him in the weirdness way, she's duller than a Q-tip.

Third question - what was with the time shift thing? Never explained. Not even blamed on meteor rocks. Wha???

The biggest question of all - why the Heck did Clark ever leave Lana's side? That was the one variable that they could have changed instantly that would have prevented the whole thing from happening. He should have handcuffed himself to her and waited for Adam to find them. Duh!! I know that something that simple would have made the entire show pointless, but that simple fact made the entire show pointless. I'm at a loss.

The final pin has fallen. Lex has turned against his father. But didn't MR do an excellent job showing with his facial expression and the almost tear that it was actually somewhat hard for him to do it? Loved him - Lex was the king tonight IMHO. Not to mention how Rico Suave he looked in his dark suit, plum shirt, and monochromatic tie. Yum! Sorry CC, I know you claim Lex.

Well, I do have to say that TW look mighty fine tonight. I think he got a haircut. And I'm both sad and glad to see Adam go. He had such potential. Cute. Interesting. So wasted by TPTB it was really a crying shame.

But now we have some big time set up taken care of. Maybe that was the point of this episode. Set us all up for the last six episodes I guess.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I totally shot myself in the foot! Went to rehearsal without checking the VCR....I had forgotten to re-set it!@@ ARGHGH. You see, the week before, the UCONN Husky women (yes I'm from CT and in even though I hate winter, it's my home state...) were playing on a Wed nite so my local WB station aired Smallville on Saturday nite instead. So stupid me forgot to change it back to Wednesday. I get home from rehearsal, all set to watch it....IT'S NOT THERE!!!

Wish there was a web site where you could download episodes that you missed.

Guess I'll have to wait for summer re-runs to see it. I missed Whisper (the one where he gets super-hearing) this year too...well for some reason my VCR recorded the video, but didn't record the audio. Never happened before...hasn't happened again. Think of the irony...it's about an episode with super-hearing and I had to try to lip-read thru the episode (not very successfully,,,another one for summer re-runs)!

Next ep will be the one with Chris Reeve.....

As for Lana, she probably knows if she pushes Clark, he's still not going to open up, and she's NOT Lois...she lets things drop rather than force a confrontation. Lois would have had him all figured out by now!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think Lynn is right..... it's going to be a LONG 6 weeks grumble

I thought last night's epi was good, a LOT of plot holes (like this is something new?????), but overall very good. I loved the time "worm-hole" idea, clap but I can NOT believe they didn't even try to account for it..... no sunspots, no eclipes, no meteor rocks...... NOTHING eek

I definately think that Lana does know that something is special about Clark. But, I think that she has just come to accept that he is NOT ready to confide in her...... so, she just keeps letting him know that she knows whenever he does something unaccountable. Heck maybe she's gotten to the point where she is getting entertained at how laim his excuses are getting wink .

As always MR was superb, altho I'm not sure when to believe him and when he's lying (probably thier intention..... which just goes to affirm what an excellent actor MR really is!) And I agree, I don't think for a moment that Sr. is really gonna do it.....!!!!! :rolleyes:

All in all, I thought the episode was really very good....... had me going from that opening sequence! dizzy )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like all the rest of you, I could see this episode had enough scientific holes in it to drive a starship through them. But you all missed the main point...

Clark saved Lana! We had our big chance to lose her and make this the Clark and Chlois show. Oh, and Lex, too. Since the phone call actually triggered the whole sequence of events, I was rather disappointed Clark was able to circumvent what should have happened. Oh well. I guess she's signed up for a few more seasons, so I suppose we're stuck with her.

Come on PTB! Just admit that Chloe is Lois and get on with the real love story. Granted they'd lose half their audience who actually like Lana, but some of us Lois fans would be quite happy. smile

Psst! Hey Miller and Gough, we have a couple of really good writers who would love to help you out with that "Clark really loves Lois" problem you have. We call them Lynn and CC here. Why don't you give them a call?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL Roger! I was thinking during that opening sequence when Lana got shot that a lot of Smallville fans around the globe were probably cheering. But Roger, I never knew you were a fan of the Chlois? So you believe it too, huh? Did CC get to you first?

I have to give Chlois her props for last night - she was incredibly brave when Adam had that knife pressed to her throat.

OK, one thing I need clarified. I thought that Adam was the one who killed everyone in the lab. Strangled Tang and then slit the throats of the rest. Is it possible that it wasn't him? I mean, he definitely killed Tang, right? But maybe not the rest. Or did Lionel do it? Hmmmm.

Lynn

Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hm well I thought Adam did it. As far as the Lana/Lois thing goes, Clark dates Lana in high School not Lois. He ends up with Lois later when they work at the planet. we already see Lois's unrequieted love for Clark and he does care for her, but he has got to get over Lana first. I think they will have to get Clark and Lana together first. Maybe she freeks out when she finds out he's an alien and he is hurt by that. Maybe his love for Chloe (future Lois) needs time and maturity to develope. I am surprised that she hasn't figured him out yet. I think she will in the near future if she is as smart as they say she is.
Lex is the best actor on the show, no doubt. He is a very cool Lex and my favorite character. I am not physically attracted to him but there is something very attractive about his character. Baldness aside, I think Lex's charms would be hard to resist. He certainly is the smartest of the lot so far. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard