Print Thread
#199255 02/08/04 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides being a L&C fan and love reading L&C fanfiction, I am part of a couple other fandoms & read their message boards & fanfiction from 2 other shows from the 80's that rank in my very best category. They are Knight Rider and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

Now there is a lot of KR fanfiction out there but very, very, very little Buck Rogers. I was wondering whether there are any L&C fans, and specifically L&C writers, who might also be Buck Rogers fans?

Buck & Wilma were a lot like Lois & Clark. Buck was 500 in the future, he was in a world he didn't know, where he didn't 'fit in'. Wilma treated him like Lois treated Clark at first, with distain. They later became best friends. The series only lasted 2 years so there wasn't time to explore their relationship, but there were hints here and there that they both had feels for each other but kept them buried.

I know that some of the writers on these boards do write for other fandoms. Are there any writers out that are fans of Buck Rogers and would be interested in writing Buck Rogers fanfiction? If so could you let me know. Even Fanfiction.net doesn't have any BR fanfiction. I have found only 2 sites where there are 2 or 3 stories written. I'd really be interested in reading BR fanfiction.

Melody

#199256 03/29/04 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am bringing this to the top because I haven't had a reply to this.

If I don't get a reply this time, I'll just assume that there are no Buck Rogers fans out there on this board.

Thanks.

#199257 03/29/04 08:58 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I used to enjoy the show when it was on, but never got that into it and never hunted down fanfic on it. It's a shame that it seems to be one of those shows that doesn't have a big enough fan base to produce much in the way of fanfic/fansites.

Hope you have better luck in the future. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#199258 03/29/04 12:42 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved that show. Too bad it didn't do too well, only lasting a mere two seasons. And personally, I liked season one a lot better than two. However, I was never into BRitTFC fanfic. The only shows I've ever really read fanfic for are L&C and Babylon 5, though people keep trying to suck me into Stargate SG-1 and Buffy fanfic and even Battlestar Galactica fanfic (old and new), all shows I enjoy a great deal.

I don't need any more time-consuming hobbies. Help! smile

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard