Next Thread
Print Thread
#198252 10/26/03 11:36 AM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
As a lot of people who see me on IRC know, I am working on my final paper for my master's degree and I am almost done smile1 . My problem is that I am not a very good proofreader for my own stuff and my advisor can say if the science is right, but he is from Russia and I often find gramatical errors in his writing. I really want this paper to be gramatically perfect.

As people who have beta read my stories know, I have a tendency of writing very nonlinearly so there are often pieces of outline, half sentances and other strange gramatical constructions that are meant only as a personal outline that end up in the middle of paragraphs. I also have a bit of trouble with awkward wording sometimes.

My paper is currently just over 20 pages long, but most of it is figures, equations, and tables. However, the science content is pretty detailed, and I am not sure if I explained it well enough that someone who is not familiar with rod photoreceptors might not understand a word that I am saying (hence why I am not asking my mom -- when she doesn't understand something, she gets really angry).

If anyone would be willing to help me, please email me at lxu2@cwru.edu.

Thanks!

- Laura help

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#198253 10/26/03 11:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have a pretty good eye for spelling and grammar errors so if you are willing to trust a 15 year old with your university paper, I'll do it. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#198254 10/27/03 04:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Laura,

I often proofread for my dad, business contracts and the like, so I have a bit of experience in editing things which make no sense to me. If you want me to proof it for you, email it to me smile

Nqoire

Imagine.
#198255 10/27/03 06:26 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Laura,

I'm certainly willing to help out with proof-reading - grammar, editing, whatever - and I'd actually probably understand a good portion of what it's about. wink I'll squeeze in my proof-reading time between Surgery lectures, it'd be a nice break. :p Let me know if I can help out.

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard