Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: YellowDartVader Proofreading - 10/26/03 03:36 PM
As a lot of people who see me on IRC know, I am working on my final paper for my master's degree and I am almost done smile1 . My problem is that I am not a very good proofreader for my own stuff and my advisor can say if the science is right, but he is from Russia and I often find gramatical errors in his writing. I really want this paper to be gramatically perfect.

As people who have beta read my stories know, I have a tendency of writing very nonlinearly so there are often pieces of outline, half sentances and other strange gramatical constructions that are meant only as a personal outline that end up in the middle of paragraphs. I also have a bit of trouble with awkward wording sometimes.

My paper is currently just over 20 pages long, but most of it is figures, equations, and tables. However, the science content is pretty detailed, and I am not sure if I explained it well enough that someone who is not familiar with rod photoreceptors might not understand a word that I am saying (hence why I am not asking my mom -- when she doesn't understand something, she gets really angry).

If anyone would be willing to help me, please email me at lxu2@cwru.edu.

Thanks!

- Laura help
Posted By: Julie S Re: Proofreading - 10/26/03 03:49 PM
I have a pretty good eye for spelling and grammar errors so if you are willing to trust a 15 year old with your university paper, I'll do it. smile

Julie
Posted By: Nqoire Re: Proofreading - 10/27/03 08:26 AM
Hi Laura,

I often proofread for my dad, business contracts and the like, so I have a bit of experience in editing things which make no sense to me. If you want me to proof it for you, email it to me smile

Nqoire
Posted By: DocJill Re: Proofreading - 10/27/03 10:26 AM
Hey Laura,

I'm certainly willing to help out with proof-reading - grammar, editing, whatever - and I'd actually probably understand a good portion of what it's about. wink I'll squeeze in my proof-reading time between Surgery lectures, it'd be a nice break. :p Let me know if I can help out.

Jill goofy
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards