Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laswa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi all,

I have no idea if I can post this in this folder, but you can delete it if doesn't belong here smile

I have a question about my laptop. I bought it last november and it worked fine then. But I noticed the fan was turned on longer and longer and the last few months it hardly stopped. I didn't think this was good, but for the rest everything worked, so I decided not to mess with it.

But now I was just working on it, and suddenly the laptop shut down, I think because it was overheated. This has happened before, but then it was obvious *why* it happened, cause there was stuff around it for example so the warmth couldn't get out. But now it was just on the desk and this happened.

Is this normal? I don't think so, but I have to ask.. If not, do you think I could bring it back? I have only been using it for 7 months now... And last questions: Is there anything I can do to repair this?

I really hope to hear something, cause this is scary.. I was just BR and lost a lot of what I had done so far... frown

Anne shock

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey anne. the off topic section is for pretty much anything (as long as it doesn't violate overall boards rules... gossip, flaming, obscenity, etc), so don't worry about being, well, off topic here. laugh

as for your laptop, you're right. it shouldn't have been doing that. sounds like a mechanical fault somewhere in the cooling system.

i'd suggest calling tech support or customer service. if it's only been 7 months, you computer should still be under warentee.

i wouldn't worry too much about the data. overheating is a problem first with the CPU. the hard drive should be intact. so, if they have to replace rather than repair, just make sure to keep the old HDD.

good luck, and sorry i can't be of more help.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Laswa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi Paul,

thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to take it to the man who I bought it from. He's going to take a look at it hopefully, and I'll be fine again <g>.

Thanks!

Anne dance

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard