Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I think my favorite parts about this episode were all of the scenes on the island. There were some nice humorous moments when Lois wanted Clark to become Superman and he wouldn’t. I loved it when he revealed he hadn’t even brought the costume with him. Lois’ initial struggle after first being left on the island was also funny.

It was nice to see Lois helping Clark by getting rid of the kryptonite. Having Lois there to help him out in situations like this was definitely one benefit of having her in on his secret.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just re-watched this last night, and something that I had never noticed before; Clark recovers in record time from the exposure to Kryptonite, but I'm all about the relationship between Lois & Clark, and really don't care much about the Superman inconsistencies.

I read somewhere that a crew member stated the building a campfire scene was more Teri & Dean than Lois & Clark, which I had always kinda felt was true; something about their voices, especially Teri's, is different and less guarded in that scene. I don't know really how to explain it.

I love the scene when Lois arrives home with the basket and Clark comes in with his whole "just like a regular guy" spiel. The way he looks as Superman as he nods and says "Bet" before racing off to a rescue is adorable to me. I really love the last scene in the episode as well.

And every outfit Lois is wearing is cute, from the lavender and light blue suits to the casual wear on the island. I can't say as much for the rest of the episodes that season. This is also the last appearance of Lois' bob. grumble

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of the lines I just love from this episode is where Clark says, "No scooping, no flying!" It always makes me laugh out loud - something about the way he says it is just hilarious.

Fanfics about "Ordinary People"? Not so many. None of them came to mind right away, so I checked the Database.

Kaylle has a WAFFy re-write of the campfire scene in Ordinary Lovers - very moving.

On the total opposite end of the emotional scale is the inimitable Tank Wilson's hilarious Not Quite So Ordinary People . As he said in the description, it's written strictly for laughs - and it's funny.

This is also the last appearance of Lois' bob.
And why is that? Matrix tells us why Lois changed her hairstyle in A Cut Above The Rest . You'll have to read the fic to find out!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This is definitely one of my favourite episodes, which is a real tribute considering how much I loathe the whole Spencer Spencer bits. (I fast forward through them every time -- well, except for the "thing I do at parties" scene.) I love how relaxed Clark is in this episode, how open L&C are with each other, and how they are given a chance just to have some time away, even if the vacation is fraught with everything from tigers to a villain wishing to steal Clark's body.

In the interest of completeness to the list of fanfics, I'll mention that I wrote a follow-on story to this episode, called Just an Ordinary Day . In this story, Clark attempts once again to avoid doing anything super for a day, and he describes the events of the day via journal logs.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the interest of completeness to the list of fanfics, I'll mention that I wrote a follow-on story to this episode, called Just an Ordinary Day. In this story, Clark attempts once again to avoid doing anything super for a day, and he describes the events of the day via journal logs.
Lynn, thanks for mentioning your fic. I try to bring up episode-related fics, but I'm very dependent on the Archive Database - I look for the "Episode-Related" tag. If your fic isn't tagged with that, I miss it.

So please, everyone, do as Lynn does, and put your episode-related fics (or others-written episode-related fics that you recommend) in the thread for the episode.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked the Lois and Clark interaction in this episode, but always felt the Spencer Spencer bit was over the top.

In a lot of ways this gave us the pre-engagement development of their relationship they needed.

Clark needed to see Lois loved him as a person, not for his powers.

John Pack Lambert
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Would it have hurt for Clark to use a little heat vision on Lois when she got out of that pool??? I know they were being watched, but still...the girl was freezing!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I assumed they were in a warm climate so she would not have been cold. Plus he was still pretending he was trying to not do anything Super. Afterh the tiger he should have just given up on that though.

John Pack Lambert
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A towel would have been nice. Or Clark's shirt. She was just so...wet, and in need of comforting.There's warm and then there is warmth. wink

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by SJH:
A towel would have been nice. Or Clark's shirt. She was just so...wet, and in need of comforting.There's warm and then there is warmth. wink
Wasn't Clark punished enough when Lois changed from her shorty-shorts and barely there top into a long sleeve shirt and long pants for the campfire scene? laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard