Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
This was a really good premiere for the third season. Lois saying, “Who’s asking, Clark or Superman?” is right up there with Tempus calling Lois galactally stupid and "Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am." as being one of the most quoted pieces of dialog I hear taken from this show. It was just a very memorable way to reveal that Lois knew that Clark was Superman.

Lois being in on the secret opened up a lot of exciting and new plot possibilities. The same basic Superman storyline had been used for so long in other adaptations of the Superman story, so it was nice to finally see a breath of fresh air added to the story by allowing Lois to join Clark as a full partner in his adventures. I really think that this is one of the big things that set “Lois and Clark” apart from previous incarnations of Superman.

It was also nice to see the return of Bill Church, Bill Church Jr., and Intergang, as well as the addition of Mindy Church. Mindy Church is another one of my favorite villains from the show. I guess I like her because she’s just as evil, manipulative, and smart as Lex Luthor, but she hides it behind the exterior of a dumb blonde. Villains who are harder to see through have always been a favorite of mine.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was nice that Lois knew, but I still contend that they should have stretched out her ignorance for a few more seasons. They also should have done more episodes about Lois and Clark dating and getting to know each other in a romantic sense. This has been discussed in previous threads, especially the "ATAI" episode thread.

Anyway... with regards to WHALLTA-related fics, there are a few.

Richard Frantz, Jr, has a very alt-world take on what happens in his Lois's Secret . Not at all what you would think.

Lynn SM has an excellent fic where Lois thinks about Clark being Superman - how can she keep up? Definitely read her Full Partners . Terry Leatherwood explores the same dynamic in his fine An Unplayable Lie .

Lois needs time to think about marrying Clark, right? Some authors have explored this: Barb Pillsbury wrote A Dickensian 4th , where Lois gets three ghostly visitors and is shown what might happen if she doesn't marry Clark. Rachel M. has Lois ponder Clark's question in Didn't Take You Long .

There aren't too many other fanfics with the tag of "Episode-Related: WHALLTA" in the Archive Database. Perhaps this episode doesn't lend itself to as much "what-if" as other episodes like "Honeymoon in Metropolis" or "TOGOM".

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually, I think Lois finding out happened about the right time. I think though they should have dragged out Lois telling Clark that she had found out.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
It was also nice to see the return of Bill Church, Bill Church Jr., and Intergang, as well as the addition of Mindy Church. Mindy Church is another one of my favorite villains from the show. I guess I like her because she’s just as evil, manipulative, and smart as Lex Luthor, but she hides it behind the exterior of a dumb blonde. Villains who are harder to see through have always been a favorite of mine.
I've been watching the old Superman movie series and Mindy Church reminds me a bit of the Spider Lady. Is that just me?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
[b]It was also nice to see the return of Bill Church, Bill Church Jr., and Intergang, as well as the addition of Mindy Church. Mindy Church is another one of my favorite villains from the show. I guess I like her because she’s just as evil, manipulative, and smart as Lex Luthor, but she hides it behind the exterior of a dumb blonde. Villains who are harder to see through have always been a favorite of mine.
I've been watching the old Superman movie series and Mindy Church reminds me a bit of the Spider Lady. Is that just me? [/b]
Actually, the same thought came to my mind when I was watching the Kirk Alyn Superman serials, so you're definitely not alone.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard