This was a really good premiere for the third season. Lois saying, “Who’s asking, Clark or Superman?” is right up there with Tempus calling Lois galactally stupid and "Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am." as being one of the most quoted pieces of dialog I hear taken from this show. It was just a very memorable way to reveal that Lois knew that Clark was Superman.

Lois being in on the secret opened up a lot of exciting and new plot possibilities. The same basic Superman storyline had been used for so long in other adaptations of the Superman story, so it was nice to finally see a breath of fresh air added to the story by allowing Lois to join Clark as a full partner in his adventures. I really think that this is one of the big things that set “Lois and Clark” apart from previous incarnations of Superman.

It was also nice to see the return of Bill Church, Bill Church Jr., and Intergang, as well as the addition of Mindy Church. Mindy Church is another one of my favorite villains from the show. I guess I like her because she’s just as evil, manipulative, and smart as Lex Luthor, but she hides it behind the exterior of a dumb blonde. Villains who are harder to see through have always been a favorite of mine.