Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*lol* gr8shades

The actual caption is already great.

I happen to love Hugh Grant and actually have a picture of myself in front of the blue door of his character's bookshop in Notting Hill (the door was in Universal Studios, though, I couldn't find the shop in *real* Notting Hill, though people told me it *did* exist in real life ...)

But the second caption: rotflol - you brought the concept of meta-fiction to this humble little thread. Well done smile

Good night,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lucy tugging on Lois offscreen: Come on Lois, you can grope your sexy partner in private later

Clark: But I want her to grope me now!!

TEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Clark (after Lois kicks him in the stomach): Oof!

Lois: Oh my gosh Clark I'm sorry!

Clark: Lois when I said you could practice your Tae Kwon Do on me I didn't mean in the middle of the street in front of a garbage disposal!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Clark! Help! The killer tomato has got me in its vine-like grip!"

Clark, thinking: I'm holding on with all the strength I dare use, but its vitamin-rich powers may just be a match for Superman!

Wells, thinking (OS): Oh my. This "Silver Age" universe may well be beyond even my abilities to fix... Can 1978 produce nothing sane?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can I be naughty? laugh

Lois: Hey, Clark. Is that a large metal rod between your legs or are you just happy to see me?

Clark: They don't call me the Man of Steel for nothing.

eek Sorry mods.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not a mod for this forum, but I don't think that's over the limit, Gr8Shades.

----

Belated caption for the previous pic:

I know, you're used to seeing a different Jimmy. The other guy stole my identity. He took my name, my job, my credit rating... And you know what the worst part is? I'm the one with the computer skills!

----

Clark: "The Sewage Reclamation Facility wasn't enough? Fine. You push me into a pile of garbage to edge me out on a story, Lois, I'm taking you down with me!"

Lois: "All right. That's it, buster! I'm stealing your watch! Let's see you be on time for that city council meeting now!"

Preston Carpenter (thinking, OS): Hoo boy. The Daily Planet's standards are really slipping. But hey... If one of them gets the other fired, maybe I'll be able to pick up a new reporter for cheap!

----

"Okay, Clark. That's it. I don't care how much red kryptonite you've been exposed to. You have to give the other kids a turn on the tank ride. (Besides, I'm running out of quarters...) You've had enough. Let's go."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
Features Writer
"Okay, Clark. That's it. I don't care how much red kryptonite you've been exposed to. You have to give the other kids a turn on the tank ride. (Besides, I'm running out of quarters...) You've had enough. Let's go."
rotflol rotflol rotflol

DUDE! You SO made me remember Stewart from Madd TV!!!

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
K
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
K
clark you're not supposed to shrink until Season 3

"Oh no Lois don't. I may throw up!"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Get up, Clark! I don't care if it's only a little game of tug-o-war. I want to win!

Elisabeth
PS That's so funny, Kal El.

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, this is tough because they were all great.

But I'll have to go with Kal-El's (more meta fiction):

Originally posted by Kal-El:
clark you're not supposed to shrink until Season 3
But gr8shades and HatMan, you're super-close runners-up.

I loved the "vitamin rich-powers" of the killer tomatoes.

Gr8shades, now it's so, uhm, obvious, but honestly: I didn't even see this ...
Just goes to show how innocent I am (well, actually, how *blind* I am.)

Kal-el, the ball's in your court smile

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Since Kal-El didn't reply and gr8shades and HatMan were such close runners-up, I'd say: whoever of you posts first, goes first smile

Looking forward to the next picture,

Eva

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, well... just to keep things rolling, how about we give this one a go?

[Linked Image]

(Thanks again to followtomorrow.net for the capture!)

(BTW, for the record: 1978, perhaps the height of the "silver age" comics, is also the year which produced "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes," the first Chris Reeves "Superman" movie, and... me!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
LL: ...and the silicone has a more natural feel to it, don't you think.

Superman: Hehehe.

Lex Luthor takes the disturbing trend towards man-boobs a step too far.

Superman: And then you put your arm around the neck like so, and-

*crack*

Oops.

Lex: Nigel *gasp*, no more WWE for the clone!

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Features Writer
Features Writer
In a desperate move against his arch nemesis, Lex Luthor had laced his hair with Kryptonite Dust. The reason for this was because he knew the Superhero would deploy his most heinous move in this battle: The Super Death Noogie.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"And... <POP!> there you go, Lex. Shoulder good as new. Now you might want to quit skeet shooting over Metropolis, you know you always throw out your shoulder."

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Oh, Paul! That means I'm older than you. <Sigh>

Elisabeth
who is now too depressed to write a caption

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why does everyone think I'm old???

I mean, I feel old sometimes. 30 is looming. And my immune system's attempts to destroy me have left me a forgetful arthritic diabetic who walks with a cane. But... come on! Look at that face over there underneath the beanie copter. Does that look like an old man to you?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Lex thinking oO/ I wonder if my plans to make Lois jealous ever cross the line....naaaaaah

TEEEEEEEJ/WHO THINKS 30 IS STILL YET A BABY!!! razz and thank the Lord you're a guy Paul, you don't have MENOPAUSE creeping up on you like an velociraptor about to pounce....

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You misinterpret. I didn't say you were old, I said that now I feel old.

But, if it makes you feel better, I will leave a caption even if my heart isn't in it.

Elisabeth

Superman: Come on, Lex! Let's play dinosaur rodeo. You be the velociraptor and I'll ride you bareback.

Lex (muttering): If I get my hands on the maker of those Space Rats...

~*~

(Inspired from LCfan4ever's avatar) Superman: I'm seizing the high ground!

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lex: okay, okay, okay *weary parental sigh* I'll play pretend World Wrestling Federation with you one more time. But this time I get to be the Undertaker and you ...

Shmuperman: No, daddy, no: I really wanna try my pinning headlock elbow drop on you tonight *thud*

Sorry, but this reminded me of the time when my sister and I used to watch wrestling on TV (early, early in my youth, which was aeons ago since I'm almost as old as Paul goofy ).

I hadn't thought about this in a long time, but it was so cool back then: the Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Brad "the Hitman" Hart and of course the British Bulldog smile

I can't believe we fell for that wink

P.S. I actually researched this caption so a "pinning headlock elbow drop" is a legitimate professional wrestling attack (at least according to Wikipedia).

EDIT:

P.P.S. I just re-read the other captions - gr8shades I honestly didn't see yours before (at least not consciously), I was too distracted by your man boobs wink
But for the record (and not to let all my important, yet unused "research" for the caption above go to waste): when Vatman aired, it was still WWF, not WWE. They changed their name in 2002. /end wise ass mode

Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard