Next Thread
Print Thread
#18850 12/20/04 11:29 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thank you, Wendy, I love presents! Especially fic presents. laugh

It's all coming together. It figures that even within prison, Lex has long arms. But he's most definitely not omnipotent, or even as all-powerful as Clark (thank goodness!), so he won't get too far. I'm glad to see Lois is getting her confidence back. Now if she can get the confidence of her contacts back.

When Bobby mentioned Lexel Investments and its payout, I thought maybe Lex had put some companies in Lois' name, and he was referring to that. Guess I was wrong, which proves why I'm not an investigative reporter. wink With that, and the name, hopefully they can get Jimmy free soon.

Can't wait to see the rest of this. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Happy dance!!!!!!!! razz

Anxious for part 9,
Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can Lois get a quickly divorce by part 10? (I want them to KISS)

Or....how about a sequel!?? HAHA

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Columnist
Columnist
grumble Lois just should of moved her face. I'm slowly catching up on all the stories, RL has gotten busy wallbash

Thanks for the part wendy, And I do hope lois & clark kiss by the time this story ends, But I really don't see that happening. frown

Next part please laugh

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup Bobby is always useful smile

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, Wendy, the A-plot certainly gathered momentum in this part.

Like others I liked the way you show Lois gaining her confidence as well as Clark's introspection about the change in Lois once she is back in her element.

I really liked the way Bobby helped them out and gave Lois not just the one lead she was hoping for but two leads. Thanks Bobby! wink

I really like the fact that Clark is waiting for Lois to be officially free of Luthor before there can be any romantic physical contact between them while at the same time cheering for them to kiss already!.

The goodnight kiss was very sweet and I was really glad to see that Lois can be considerate to Clark and his feelings, especially after she lost track of him during the afternoon. smile1

I am curious why Lois wouldn't want Clark to help her as earlier you have her thinking
She and Clark had beaten Lex Luthor. The fact that he was in police custody now was entirely due to them. They were a great team, she thought with a smile.
but I'll take it! Especially if Clark getting a bed during that time is a good omen for things to come. evil

So when's the next part and where did you say one can register for such birthday presents?

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job Wendy. I can't wait until she can share the bed with Clark. He is so sweet to her. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi all! smile And thank you!! goofy

But I think most people are more interested in a different aspect of the story:
Adored the continued (and increasing) closeness between Lois and Clark throughout the parts. It's so nice she feels so comfortable and safe with him and isn't afraid to let herself fall apart a little bit in front of him....And adoring the hugs, and even just little touches and looks between them...until we can get her divorced!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can stop teasing us!
LOL Jill! Sorry... am I teasing you? goofy

Can Lois get a quickly divorce by part 10? (I want them to KISS)
I do hope lois & clark kiss by the time this story ends, But I really don't see that happening.
You really don't trust me, Rachel, do you? wink

I really like the fact that Clark is waiting for Lois to be officially free of Luthor before there can be any romantic physical contact between them while at the same time cheering for them to kiss already!.
LOL Avia! Nice to know you know exactly what you want! goofy

But I do give you some crumbs, you know:
The goodnight kiss was very sweet and I was really glad to see that Lois can be considerate to Clark and his feelings, especially after she lost track of him during the afternoon.
See? sloppy

I'm glad that another subtle development is coming through:
I'm glad to see Lois is getting her confidence back.
I love how Lois is beginning to feel more confident. The development of her relationship with Clark is wonderful. They have gradually gained each other's trust and respect.
Like others I liked the way you show Lois gaining her confidence as well as Clark's introspection about the change in Lois once she is back in her element.
Thanks, Karen, Tricia and Avia! All goes to show that you can't keep Lois Lane down for long. wink

Oh, and Avia asked:
I am curious why Lois wouldn't want Clark to help her as earlier
I don't think it was that she didn't want him to help him, as such - I think she just had some ideas she wanted to work on and he wanted to spend some time getting the apartment fit to live in, so they just got on with what they needed to do separately for an hour or so. smile But they'll be doing plenty of stuff together tomorrow!

Thanks again, all - Jill, I'm delighted that you got caught up, and even more pleased that Super Rescue Guy had you giggling. laugh

Part 9 coming up shortly.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
“Of course,” Clark replied slowly. “The guy’s so powerful, nobody would want to play snitch... unless they knew he was already going down for something.”
Ooh! Very clever! laugh

She wanted to scream and shout for joy. She’d beaten him! She and Clark had beaten Lex Luthor.
Wait... the chickens are hatched, right? wink

Bobby didn’t comment. Instead, he nodded towards Clark. “Who’s the geek?”
ROTFLMAO!!!!

He wasn’t going to. Despite her outward calm, Lois’s heart was sinking. She already knew what a mistake she’d made by taking the stupid decision to marry Lex. Now it was looking as if she’d lost her credibility, too. If Bobby didn’t trust her any more, then who would? She was lucky that Perry and Henderson had listened to her.

She dropped her gaze from her former snitch and began to turn. It was time to leave.
Awww!! frown

“Huh?” Lexel? Obviously something to do with her husband, but she’d never heard of it.

“Check it out,” he muttered, already turning away. “Now, I got a job to do.”
jawdrop You mean there's more?!?! Wait... this is Lex we're talking about... of *course* there's more. blush

Clark hung up and relayed the conversation to Lois. “That’s the sort of thing I have to be careful about,” he added with a grimace. “We should only have been back a short while, instead of three hours or more.”
Oops!! eek

Darkness had fallen over the city by the time Lois straightened, rubbing her aching back and grimacing. Immediately, she felt warmth embrace her, soothing her tired muscles.

She glanced around; Clark had removed his glasses and was studying her intently. He really was incredible, she thought once more. “Hey, thanks!”

“No problem. Does it feel any better?”
AWWWWWWW!!!!! That's so sweet!!!! smile

She had to prove to herself that she could still do it. That she would never be fooled so easily again. That she could still bring in the big stories, gain the trust of sources - as she had with Bobby, though that hadn’t been easy - and keep her critical edge. Not get too close to stories. Not allow herself to be fooled.
Wow... never thought of it this way. Maybe Lois *was* right when she said she wasn't the best anymore. I forgot that it just isn't a reporter's skill, but also their crediblity that makes them great, trustworthy. She can't possibly be the best if everyone thinks that she's gullible and or corruptible. That's not good. frown

That was after some townspeople and a couple of our neighbours told them that they hadn’t seen me since yesterday and that they heard I’d gone away - to the city. Naturally, they didn’t say *which* city...”

“Naturally,” Lois echoed with a grin.

“And they said that as far as they knew I was alone when I left. And that if they needed to get in contact with me they really should speak to my parents.”

“I see what you mean about loyalty.”
laugh

Clark, though, she knew without even needing to confirm it, would hold her in his arms. All night.

But she squashed that little wondering part of her. Clark had made it clear that he was keeping his distance while she was still married, and he was right. And anyway, it was too soon.
Awww!!! frown Can they, Wendy?! Huh? Huh? It's not kissing!! You only said no kissing!!! :p

Can't say more... got to rush to the next part to see if Wendy's really mean or not....

Sara wink

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard