Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1848 05/22/03 08:36 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, y'all, I know this is pretty soon, compared to the gaps before, but I've had a productive few days, so here it is. <g> I have to thank my beta readers, because I've been sending them 20+ page chapters every week lately. I'm going to try to get this into 7 chapters, but it looks like I'll need an epilogue as well. <g> Of course, this means that you get chapters that are about 3 to 4 times the length of what I'm used to posting.

Tomatoes go here.

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, man, Laura... you sure know how to engage a person's emotions! I read this section happy that Rachel was in a new safe place, and that Clark passed his first parenting test. I liked the way she was starting to adjust to L&C, too... but you just kept breaking my heart, anytime Rachel expected anyone to hit her, or said if she loved something, it would disappear. frown Very realistic, I would think, but that just makes it sadder.

So, longer sections from now on? Yay! You've really got me hooked on this, and I'm desperate to see Rachel relax and the adoption made formal. Oh, plus they have to get the bad guys who are faking infant deaths and then selling the babies on the black market!

Post more soon, please smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Awww!

Poor Rachel. Good for Clark to pass her tests.

I loved how Rachel did at the Planet.

Irene
who is not as coherent as normal due to a horrendous sinus infection.

cough, cough, hack, hack, snort, sniffle....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Wow, I just wanted to say this story is amazing. It touches your heart and lets her sneak right on in. Also kudos on the writing, your style is very expressive and flows well. It is a great thing when a good story and a good writer get together - the result is wonderful.

Kudos again,
Kelly

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Laura, I was really hesitant about reading this story when I read the first few parts and saw what was happening to Rachel at the orphanage. I cowardly stayed away and then decided to read part 5 just now. It was wonderful. I agree with Pam - it breaks my heart to see how fearful Rachel has become of all men because in her limited experience, all the men she has known before Clark, Jimmy and Perry have hurt her. Poor little thing.

Excellent job showing Clark's parenting skills - I could picture Rachel standing there with her little arms crossed and the defiant expression I see on my 8 year old's face a little more than I would like to! help

I can't wait to see Lois and Clark being able to formally adopt Rachel and for them to destroy the baby selling operation and the slime that created and run it. mad

More please!

Vicki smile

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging Aw, I was ready to cry. It's so sad that she's having trouble learning to trust Clark. This is such a sweet story.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Beautiful. thumbsup

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

WOW! An excellent part! smile1

I can't wait to read the next part. Hopefully Lois and Clark will solve this case quickly.

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Laura, you know how I feel about this story. It's wonderful and we need more!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very very good!!!

Those guys had better get those furniture straps to keep that kid from killing herself (the mom in me, wincing at the thought of her ending up with heavy couch on her!)

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
ditto others
sad and emotional, but positive too
more
merry

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I just realized that I'd forgotten to answer this. <g> Some days, I swear I'd lose my head if it weren't attached.

Thank you Pam, Irene, Kelly, Vicki, Jen, Maria, Jose, Tricia, Robin, Leela, and Merri! Chapte 6 is up--two more to go. laugh

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard