Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's best friend lives on a road that intersects with "Kent Lane" , but that's about as Lois and Clarky as my life gets. If it's any consolation my daughter's best friend looks like Harry Potter. dizzy

<snicker>

TEEEEEEJ lol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, there's a little tiny road right next to the library where I work called "Lois Lane." I want to take a picture of myself and visiting folcs by the sign for the road, but because of standard abbreviations they write it as "LOIS LA," which isn't nearly as fun. Not a person, but roads have names, so they count, right? smile Maybe I'm unusual in the fact that I can't think of anyone I know named Clark, Lois, Perry, Jimmy, Mayson, Kent, Lane, White, or Olsen. I know a few Jonathans and Marthas, but those are such common names, they hardly count for anything.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
My Mum teaches a little girl called Lois

I went to school with a Laura Lane

Oh and I had two pet rabbits when I was 14/15 called Lois and Clark (regardless of the fact that they were both girls! laugh )

Sarah-Jayne (who just realised, even though it has no link to LnC, that this time next year after she gets married her initals will be SJP as in Sarah Jessica Parker! laugh )

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a brand called 'Lois'? I want a school bag that says Lois on it!!
Yes, there is. At first they were making jeans . Now they have a much wider offer... sportswear included.

Oh! And I remembered one night where I had to checked in a hotel. I had no reservation and didn't want to present an ID or credit card print. They checked me in anyway, and as 'Client categorie' code, they put LOIS.

Speaking of LC related stuff, my 'international RL' friends often ask me why I stick to Air France when I fly. There are lots of reasons. The main being the first music that greats you when you board one of their plane is an instrumental version of...'Fly me to the moon'. laugh

Carole

Columnist
Columnist
Hi

I used to be Karla Kent, when I was married with Cole Kent ( yes, C.K too---LOL) I was obsessed with superman just as now and He used to tell me that he was my Superman....but frown sadly he died before our first aniversary in a car accident, I suppose he wasnt him after all whinging whinging whinging I miss him so much. But it was 9 years ago, almost 10, I was 18 years, and now I will be 28 in november.

I am married again (now with a mexican) so my name is not that anymore.

I used to think that if i had a son with Cole I was going to call him Clark, but it wasnt possible.

I have two daughers now...and not, the names are not L & C related

Karla

Merriwether
Merriwether

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
LOL

Those sites made me laugh rotflol

Thanks for the url´s

Karla

Merriwether
Merriwether
wink

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hmm ... I just realize one of the professors I've taken a class from has the last name "Callan", and his hair looks a lot like K. Callan's --- same colour and thin, frizzly looking. I wonder if there is some relationship there ... He is old enough to be her son I think, anybody know the names of K. Callan's 3 kids?

Simba

Check out my social-networking game I created just for FoLCs: http://folc.mindkin.com
Merriwether
Merriwether
My last name is Callin. Not pronouced Collin. It is like Cal, like Kal-El and then in. I had to do a double take the first time I heard it.

On the Ashlee Simpson Show (lame) there is a producer or something with the name Lois Clark ????. Last name I don't know. I have to go look it up. V. weird.

EDIT - I wasn't dreaming
Lois Clark Curren

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
My initials are CKD. That's close enough wink

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Features Writer
Features Writer
I didn't think living in brazil I could actually take part of this interesting thread, but here it go.

I met a guy on the internet last month. His name is Louis Kent. I told him I wouldn't be calling him Louis because for me it's a girls name. He suggested I could call him Clark. I went like rotflol Cool, uh? So now we´re virtually hanging out. wink

MDL. (Who hopes her RL boyfriend and her virtual wife don't see this. laugh )

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Columnist
Columnist
MDL very fun...that guy is your friend Clark now. rotflol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah Karla... my own Clark Kent friend, uh? Sounds cool.

I am trying to bring him to the boards, but like any Louis or Lois, he is stubborn.

Lets see if i can convince him otherwise.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Merriwether
Merriwether
He must come.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This thread got me to realize that one of my profs has the last name "Callan" same as K. Callan's last name. And then I realized he has the same hair colour as K. Callan. After some internet searching, I found a reference where K. Callan mentioned her son has a ph.d. degree. Finally finding the nerve one day to ask my prof's wife (who is also my research advisor's secretary) whether there is any relationship between him and K. Callan, it turns out that my prof is actually K. Callan's son! dizzy (My department is fairly small because it only has graduate students, so all the students and profs know each other and we bring our families to dept parties.)

Simba

Check out my social-networking game I created just for FoLCs: http://folc.mindkin.com
Features Writer
Features Writer
smile1

Oh my God... hyper Bring us a picture!!! Tell him you love her!!! Does he look like Clark? Does he fly? Tell him my address! laugh

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey MDL,

Here's a link to K. Callan's son's webpage: www.cs.cmu.edu/~callan/

It has his photo and things about his research / job if you're interested.

Sorry, I took so long to reply to this thread. The link on his webpage to his photo was broken for a long while and RL (specifically my master's thesis which is done now dance ) has been a drag.

Cheers,
Simba

Blogger
Blogger
I didn't know anyone that had character names from the show, but on Hwy 280 going out of Birmingham, there used to be a hardware store called "Hatcher Hardware." And right down the road about a quarter of a mile was "Cain Real Estate."javascript:void(0)
Big Grin

Features Writer
Features Writer
In the "Virtually Destroyed" episode that Dean Cain wrote...X under disguise as "Clark" in the virtual world, yells out several names that Lex and Lois were going to name their kids if they had any. One of those names is Alexis...and that happens to be my real name! wink

I have a computer wav of Clark saying my name. For a while there I had it set it up so it sounded like my computer was talking back to me. It actually confused my mom a couple of times too. laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard