Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
malu Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
( confused Hmm... not sure if this is the right forum for this. Sorry if it isn't blush )

How many people do you know who have names exactly like (or close to) names of characters in L&C?

I have a student whose name is William Henderson. The first time I saw the class roster, I almost started laughing right in front of class!

malu

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
rotflol at William Henderson! laugh

Well, Malu, this isn't the name of an L&C character, but I think you'll find it's close enough. I used to work with a Dean Quain. No kidding! I'm dead serious. He looked like he could've replaced Tom Welling in Smallville. Drove a red mustang with a Superman plate on the front too. laugh

Sara (who was flabbergasted the day she met him...oh your name's Dean?! Just out of curiousity, what's your last name? Excuse me?! jawdrop You're kidding, right? Oh..you said Quain, not Cain. Sorry. Just ignore me. blush )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Blogger
Blogger
A
My nephew. First name from a surname on his mom's side- clark middle name after my grandfather -perry. I wasn't into Lois & Clark when he was born thank goodness. However, he is in first grade and LOVES superman.

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
My friend met a guy named Kent Clark. I immediately asked, "Is he cute? Is he single? Can he fly?"

laugh

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I remembered another one. In my last job as a waitress, the kitchen had two sides to the 'line' on which all the food was prepared. Thus one cook per side. If Joe and Bob are working...we'd say Joe and Bob are on the line today. Well...my favorite days were when I could say "Laine and Kent are on the line." smile1 They didn't think it was so funny, but I got a kick out of it everytime. laugh

Great thread Malu!

Sara

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I met with Chris Cain yesterday - DC's Dad wink . Okay, so he's not an L&C character, and actually my Chris (a colleague at work) spells his surname 'Caine', but hey, that's close enough, isn't it?

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
How about a pharmacology professor named Lois Lane? Does that count? laugh
Only pharmacology professor that I went to every lecture...and it had nothing to do with the subject or quality of the lectures; I just HAD to have the handouts with the name Lois Lane on them. goofy

Jill cool

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I dated a guy with the last name Kent. I of course, called him Kent when I was teasing. He used to in turn call me Lane.

He used to say he had lots in common with Superman: he's named Kent, from the midwest, wore glasses, majored in journalism, then moved to the big city (New York).

ha! ha! --Wanda :rolleyes:

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Blogger
Blogger
I have a friend named Lex that recently turned shady...turns out he's not the most trustowrthy guy ever...maybe the name is just cursed.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow.
Blogger
Blogger
I just remembered, I was in choir with a guy named Clark, my Supervisor's last name is White, my Choir teacher's last name is Lane, there is a bastard, plagerising scum bag at the local newspaper whos last name is Scardino, the editor of the school newspaper's name is Dan, My mother's name is Ellen, and I am a journalism majo, Lois's initials when she married Clark were LLK, and mine are MMK, so it's a little similar.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
razz

Sara

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Isn't that just the best way to choose classes - find a name you can associate with LnC and take the class - regardless. <g>

I think we had a lecturer first year that was a "White" and I know my sister was going to school with a really, really cute Dean. <g>

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Top Banana
Top Banana
One of my distant cousins' name is Dean. 'Course, he's a little boy, but still. One of the teachers in my school is Mr White - although there are many, many differences between him and Perry! Also, I know a guy whose first name is Kent - and he happens to be one of the very few people in RL who agree with me that L&C is awesome. He also doesn't drink or smoke or anything like that and used to get straight A's in high school - I told him once I'm going to call him Clark from now on, and he said I would't be the first! <g>

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I told him once I'm going to call him Clark from now on, and he said I would't be the first! <g>
rotflol Julie! That's great!

It's so fun to see everyone (including myself) make such vague connections...though I guess they aren't vague to us folcs...are they? wink

Sara

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much, as far as I can remember. Or it's gonna be a bit farfetched.

Ken Lane, Sophie Kent and Jenny Oleson come to mind.

I won't tell on my professionnal nick. No, don't insist, I won't. wink

Nor on my first name which, according to my mother's explanations, is definitely Clark related because of... Carole Lombard. Okay, then it's Clark Gable related! laugh

Oh, and there's also this Lois jewellery firm that comes to mind.

But nothing like the homonyms mentionned by others.

Carole smile1

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh I got a kick out of this. Lots of giggles from this end of the internet.

I worked with a manager with the name Lois in the past.

I knew a Dean at work too. Unfortunatley he was not cute. He looked more like Mario out of Super Mario Bros. Okay, not that fat.

I know a Dan.

I knew a Kal. (almost) I said Kal-el once by accident.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Merriwether
Merriwether
My last name is one letter off, but it is close to K. Callan. (Callin) I had to do a double take when I first saw it.

I knew a Mayson.

I went to school with a hall called "Drake Hall". It was sort of a scary hall. That's streaching it a bit....

Oh dear. I just realized I work with a Ralph.

My grandfather's name is Bernard (but prounced BERNerd not BernARD like they do in North America). I went to school with a BernARD. I'm sorry but I can't remember Dr. Klien's spelling....I'll go look now.

Jack is such a common name. I had an uncle.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yeah. My dog's name is Mason. goofy It's a boy.

My grandfather's name is also Bernard (BERnard).

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
My best friend's schoolbag is of 'Lois' brand. When I first saw it I was like, "What????" laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
My best friend's schoolbag is of 'Lois' brand. When I first saw it I was like, "What????"
Well, to echo you, Anna...WHAT!?!

There's a brand called 'Lois'? I want a school bag that says Lois on it!! frown

Sara (who's changed her phone settings so it says 'Lois Lane' laugh )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard