Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#176549 07/03/04 01:23 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I know I said I would be home from Philly on Thursday, so you're probably wondering what's taken me so long to post. You guys are *not* gonna believe this:

We went to visit New York, see, and while we were in Central Park I went to throw something away. As soon as I seperated from the group, this wierd mist sprang up and I heard some kind of cackling. Next thing I know, this fountain appears out of nowhere with the inscription "Centennial Park" on it. I looked for my family, but I couldn't find them anywhere!

I tried asking a cop for help, but as soon as I mentioned New York, he looked at me funny and said I was in Metropolis! When I realized he wasn't joking, I started to think he was crazy. Just then, I looked up and saw... not a bird, not a plane, but Superman himself!

After running around in circles and yelling incoherent jibberish, I decided to ask for help from people who are sure to know about this kind of stuff: YOU GUYS!

So here's the deal: I'm typing this from a computer at a Metropolis police station. I managed to pass the ink-blot test, so they're being kind enough to let me borrow their computer. All I have on me is my clothes, my hat, my sunglasses, and about fifty bucks (but I can probably get this kind officer to lend me more after that little misunderstanding with the straight-jacket and padded cell).

What should I do? Why am I here? Who can I ask for help?

Come on guys, I could really use your input here! help

~•~
#176550 07/03/04 07:26 PM
Blogger
Blogger
You're serious?!

*jaw drops*

#176551 07/03/04 08:56 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If I suddenly found myself in Metropolis, I wouldn't be complaining about it! Think about it. You've got Superman... I mean... what more could you want? Meanwhile, it's only rained 3 times in the last four years. Kick back and stay awhile, enjoy it while you can, that's what I say... oh I know I'm not much help... sorry. smile

Ems

Molly
#176552 07/04/04 02:32 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think the most reasonable thing to do it's going to Daily Planet and search for Lois & Clark help (They know all about parallel universes!). Just one thought: don't let they know you have the knowledge about the dual identity of Clark (you don't know which universe you are in!).
good luck!
Simona smile

#176553 07/05/04 04:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why am I here?
Because 'QotC in Metropolis' sounds better than 'Alice in Wonderland'.

To help.

Because you're a FoLC (which, to some extend, might explain the little missunderstanding about the straight-jacket and padded cell laugh )

'cause you made it to NYC and as you made it there, you can make it anywhere (well known tune). Anywhere being Metropolis.

Because you just crossed the set of "Superman, the movie" while they were shooting.

Because you're kidding and/or because you're dreaming.

Because "truth lies elsewhere". Elsewhere being Metropolis.

Because you secretly like it here?

Because you flew there via Mxyzptl Airways.

You're there courtesy of Lois Lane Travel, 200 Fifth Ave (aka Flatiron Building), Ste 604, NYC 10010, USA.

To enjoy your holiday break?

"Because you've been sniffing the lynotype too long, son! (whoops! sorry!)

If you knew, you'd be out of here by now, right?

If you knew, it wouldn't be such fun.

Because of the thing you wanted to throw away...The real question being "how did you get there"?

So we could have fun trying to get you out of here?

What should I do?
+
Who can I ask for help?
'Help HG Wells'!!!!

What should I do?
Call a lawyer, get out of jail. and figure out your next move.

Wake up!!

Write a fic?

Carole <jk> smile1

#176554 07/05/04 06:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whatever you do, DON'T shout "Help, H.G.Wells"!!
You could find yourself in the middle of an Old West story, or Old England story or goodness knows which place or time that crazy little old man are playing with! I'd say it's better to be stuck in Metropolis, where Clark can help you!
Considering that in the show everyone can entry in the Planet newsroom (I don't think anyone can go to the Corriere della Sera newsroom just because he want to look around), probably your best chance is going there, "look around", and determine Lois&Clark relationship stage: if they are on friendly speaking terms, ask for their joint help; otherwise go straight to Boy Scout Always Helpful Clark! But, then, are you sure you'll want come home?
Keep posting

Simona smile

are you going to say to someone you are a FoLC?

#176555 07/06/04 08:13 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OH what a treat...."Help Superman!!!" Hey, I'd want to see the suit in 'real life'.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#176556 07/06/04 08:45 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
As Simona said, I would go to the Planet and look around. Try to find out in which time frame you are. Of course if you are pre-Tempus it would be a bit difficult to explain you dimension hopping and getting them to believe you. I would suggest a careful aproach. Otherwise there might be the guys with the white jackets waiting for you. wink
I would definitely try to get in contact with Clark and/or Lois and get them to help you to solve you more immediate problems like where will you sleep at night? Maybe you can think about a believable cover story?
From there you can take the next step. Maybe Dr. Klein is somewhere around?

Be sure to update us on your adventures. laugh

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
#176557 07/14/04 05:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey, if I were on your shoes, hell girl... hyper I´d run into the newsroom and sloppy that handsome guy and then I would explain something or get help, presuming i would ever want to get out. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#176558 07/14/04 06:58 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well first off I would do whatever Simona said because there are some great ideas there. Secondly after you have gone to The Planet and met Lois and Clark I would tell them that they need to come to Utah because you have a friend (ME!) that would really like to meet them and of course get some pointers...or if you want to go home may I suggest buying some red shoes putting them on hitting your heels together three times chanting: Theirs no place like home. Who knows? It worked in The Wizard of Oz it might just work for you to! wink But please keep in the mind the part about me wanting to meet them if you come in contact with them.

Later Days!
Andie

P.S. If you get yourself put in a mental hospital or jail, call me...I know a guy who knows a guy... smile smile smile

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard