Next Thread
Print Thread
#175551 10/27/03 10:16 PM
Xanabee Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi FoLCs!

Yesterday I saw a special collector's item published by People magazine in a bookstore. I eagerly picked it up, confident that I'd find 'Lois and Clark' in there. Well, it's not! They left out our favorite TV series! I looked through the magazine three times and couldn't find it. I was so angry I even sent them an email last night. grumble

This is what I wrote:

<<I'm very, very disappointed in you, People!

Yesterday I picked up a copy of your '100 Greatest TV Stars of our Time' in the American Bookshop in Amsterdam. I was all set to buy a copy - even though it's very expensive in euro's - but when I browsed through it I couldn't find even a tiny mention of my all time favorite American TV series 'Lois and Clark: the new adventures of Superman'. Not even one small picture of Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher in there. Don't tell me you've forgotten that Teri Hatcher, in 1996, was the most downloaded female star on the internet?

'Lois and Clark' ran for four years until some idiots at WB decided to kill it. It's now ten years since the first episode aired and the 'Lois and Clark' worldwide fan community is very much alive and kicking and still growing. Just check on the internet and you'll be amazed how many websites you'll find that are devoted to our favorite TV couple.

Needless to say: I didn't buy your magazine! Without 'Lois and Clark' in it: what's the point??>>

Still fuming mad

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Columnist
Columnist
Excellent rant, Xanabee! Wow, you didn't just bitch about it, you told them WHY they should have done better... And you gave them a reason to check out the online community, even better...

You could also have mentioned that on TVShowsonTV.com, LnC is currently something like the sixth show on their list of the shows people want to be released on TV - it's only behind Roswell, Charmed, Firefly, Seinfeld and JAG, and currently leading McGyver, Beverly Hills 90210, Gilmore Girls and La Femme Nikita.

(Smallville was on the list for a while, but it never got more votes than LnC, so I have to wonder why it got a DVD release first - but that's just me smile )

Melisma (crawling back under her Rock to wait for DVDs of *all* her shows...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Xanabee Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You could also have mentioned that on TVShowsonTV.com, LnC is currently something like the sixth show on their list of the shows people want to be released on TV
I wish I'd known that, Melisma, then I sure would've included that too. frown

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't believe they'd do that *Speechless* jawdrop

Julie (who is off to school)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Xanabee:
I wish I'd known that, Melisma, then I sure would've included that too. frown
I'd like to tell everyone about that site - and I think I've mentioned it in several threads so far...

You do have to register to vote there, but I've gotten zero spam as a result of registering - they send out notes from time to time that let you know news about the shows you've voted for, but they don't sell your info to third parties, or keep harassing you about stuff themselves. So if you are worried about that... doesn't happen.

And it's just so cool to see the numbers going up for your show - for LnC it shows that there are nearly 1650 people who want it on DVD. Not bad for a 'show for five-year-olds' ten years after it aired, doncha think?!?!?!? laugh

Melisma (grinning like a fool, here under her Rock)

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard