Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175047 08/29/03 04:42 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, I was checking my TIVO To-Do list to see which L&C episodes were coming up on TBS, and according to my TIVO, TBS isn't going to be running the show any more, as of September 2nd! They ended today with "STGTTWNK" and "Soul Mates." At least these are two good episodes to finish with, but I'm really bummed - I'd actually been taping my favorite episodes over the summer and now I'm going to be missing most of season 4. Not the best season, but there were some sweet times and a couple of episodes I've never seen.

Just wondered if anyone out there had any info about the plan - if TBS or TNT or any station was going to run these or if it'll be years before we see them again.

*Sigh* I was sad about the end of summer, and now I feel like my big summer fling is over as well! frown

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#175048 08/29/03 07:27 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes, this was it. People on Zoom's board who contacted TBS said that TBS claimed it was only intended to have a limited summer run. Whether or not they will show it again, or whether or not another network will be able to gain the broadcast rights, no one knows right now.

And I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that TNT started showing reruns of L&C right after the show was cancelled. If so, this would mean that this will be the first time in the U.S. that some station is not airing episodes since it all began in 1993... mecry

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#175049 08/30/03 04:28 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Maybe SRC (Societe Radio Canada) will start showing it in French again... Maybe Space will start showing Seven Days, starting in November when I will be home to tape it... Maybe... just maybe elephants will fly... (rare, but has been known to happen - 'Operation Dumbo Drop' and Disney's 'Dumbo' :::smack::: )

Melisma (ducking back under her Rock, trying hard to be militantly hopeful...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#175050 08/30/03 09:15 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
According to TBS, they no longer own the rights to the show and can't show it anymore. There is a similar thread on Zoom's boards with more information.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#175051 09/01/03 01:22 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wasn't it A&E that first showed L&C on cable?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175052 09/01/03 04:15 PM
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Well....

I wonder if the reason they lost the rights was because someone else bought them? Spike TV, or USA Network may have purchased the rights?

Does anyone know how we can find out?

#175053 09/02/03 06:09 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
There was a rumor -- had to be a year or more ago -- that SciFi Channel was going to show it. At that time, TNT still had it on every day except Saturday, so there was very little credit given to the rumor.

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#175054 09/02/03 09:06 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever watched anything on SciFi, but they'd be gaining a loyal viewer if they started to air eps. And poor TBS has lost me for the two hours I devoted to them every morning.

Two days and counting for the drought...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#175055 09/02/03 10:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know! I was so totally bummed! But I taped most of my favourite episodes (and there's lots and lots of those smile1 ). I dont think they'll start airing it soon again but I hope they will. Superstation is so going to pay for this. I really wanted to see the one with Drew Carrey, with the ghost, and I wanted to record Brutal Youth because Its such a sweet episode!!! But couldn't they at least finish airing it and then start a round of something else?

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard