Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: lynnm Reruns off the air? - 08/29/03 08:42 AM
So, I was checking my TIVO To-Do list to see which L&C episodes were coming up on TBS, and according to my TIVO, TBS isn't going to be running the show any more, as of September 2nd! They ended today with "STGTTWNK" and "Soul Mates." At least these are two good episodes to finish with, but I'm really bummed - I'd actually been taping my favorite episodes over the summer and now I'm going to be missing most of season 4. Not the best season, but there were some sweet times and a couple of episodes I've never seen.

Just wondered if anyone out there had any info about the plan - if TBS or TNT or any station was going to run these or if it'll be years before we see them again.

*Sigh* I was sad about the end of summer, and now I feel like my big summer fling is over as well! frown

Lynn
Posted By: KathyM Re: Reruns off the air? - 08/29/03 11:27 AM
Yes, this was it. People on Zoom's board who contacted TBS said that TBS claimed it was only intended to have a limited summer run. Whether or not they will show it again, or whether or not another network will be able to gain the broadcast rights, no one knows right now.

And I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that TNT started showing reruns of L&C right after the show was cancelled. If so, this would mean that this will be the first time in the U.S. that some station is not airing episodes since it all began in 1993... mecry

KathyM
Posted By: Melisma Re: Reruns off the air? - 08/30/03 08:28 AM
Maybe SRC (Societe Radio Canada) will start showing it in French again... Maybe Space will start showing Seven Days, starting in November when I will be home to tape it... Maybe... just maybe elephants will fly... (rare, but has been known to happen - 'Operation Dumbo Drop' and Disney's 'Dumbo' :::smack::: )

Melisma (ducking back under her Rock, trying hard to be militantly hopeful...)
Posted By: BrightFeather Re: Reruns off the air? - 08/30/03 01:15 PM
According to TBS, they no longer own the rights to the show and can't show it anymore. There is a similar thread on Zoom's boards with more information.

Laura
Posted By: rivka Re: Reruns off the air? - 09/01/03 05:22 AM
Wasn't it A&E that first showed L&C on cable?
Posted By: jstreet Re: Reruns off the air? - 09/01/03 08:15 PM
Well....

I wonder if the reason they lost the rights was because someone else bought them? Spike TV, or USA Network may have purchased the rights?

Does anyone know how we can find out?
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Reruns off the air? - 09/02/03 10:09 AM
There was a rumor -- had to be a year or more ago -- that SciFi Channel was going to show it. At that time, TNT still had it on every day except Saturday, so there was very little credit given to the rumor.
Posted By: lynnm Re: Reruns off the air? - 09/02/03 01:06 PM
Well, I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever watched anything on SciFi, but they'd be gaining a loyal viewer if they started to air eps. And poor TBS has lost me for the two hours I devoted to them every morning.

Two days and counting for the drought...

Lynn
Posted By: Julie S Re: Reruns off the air? - 09/02/03 02:16 PM
I know! I was so totally bummed! But I taped most of my favourite episodes (and there's lots and lots of those smile1 ). I dont think they'll start airing it soon again but I hope they will. Superstation is so going to pay for this. I really wanted to see the one with Drew Carrey, with the ghost, and I wanted to record Brutal Youth because Its such a sweet episode!!! But couldn't they at least finish airing it and then start a round of something else?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards