Next Thread
Print Thread
#174816 07/22/03 08:00 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
I know of a few inside jokes that we used during the show, i.e. the word "FoLCs" on the display in the newsroom. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other instances...
peep

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#174817 07/22/03 08:42 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We came up with a few here , Anne, but I know there are more.

It's just trying to get the old grey cells to remember that far back. <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174818 07/22/03 11:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And I think I knew someone who did lots of cross-stitch, and cross-stitched a picture of Martha & Jonathan, and sent it to the show, where it was hung in the townhouse set, fourth season... but my memory's fuzzy here.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#174819 07/23/03 01:33 PM
Blogger
Blogger
And I think I knew someone who did lots of cross-stitch, and cross-stitched a picture of Martha & Jonathan
There are some shown in this older thread:
http://www.zoomway.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001731#000001

I have no idea if they are by the same person Pam is thinking of, but they are still lovely to look at! clap

[Linked Image]

There are also ones made of L&C and Perry.
~Amanda smile

Lois: Our byline is gonna look great on a Pulitzer someday
#174820 07/23/03 04:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, thanks Amanda smile Yes, there was a link to her homepage -- that was Judy L, and she was who I was thinking of smile She also sent me a Due South ep on tape once, I think <g> and she offered to do a cross-stitch of my son.

Good times wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#174821 07/29/03 03:53 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Specifically, I was wondering if anyone knows why Charlton Heston was chosen as the president in "Tempus Anyone?" I figured since he was the president of the NRA, and that universe was heavily into gun ownership, that it was meant to be an inside joke...

huh

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#174822 07/29/03 06:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think you've got it, Anne -- it went with the gun theme. Charlton Heston is a high-profile figure who is pro-gun-rights.

Mind you, he wouldn't have been very happy with the way Tempus was going about it...

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#174823 07/29/03 08:11 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I caught a couple of minutes of MJD earlier this evening. Wasn't the inclusion of the phrase 'warm and fuzzy feelings' in that episode a direct result of WAFFs being used in FoLCdom?

Or is my memory playing up again?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard