Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anne Spear Inside Jokes - 07/22/03 12:00 PM
I know of a few inside jokes that we used during the show, i.e. the word "FoLCs" on the display in the newsroom. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other instances...
peep
Posted By: LabRat Re: Inside Jokes - 07/22/03 12:42 PM
We came up with a few here , Anne, but I know there are more.

It's just trying to get the old grey cells to remember that far back. <g>

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Inside Jokes - 07/22/03 03:42 PM
And I think I knew someone who did lots of cross-stitch, and cross-stitched a picture of Martha & Jonathan, and sent it to the show, where it was hung in the townhouse set, fourth season... but my memory's fuzzy here.

PJ
Posted By: LaneGaL Re: Inside Jokes - 07/23/03 05:33 PM
And I think I knew someone who did lots of cross-stitch, and cross-stitched a picture of Martha & Jonathan
There are some shown in this older thread:
http://www.zoomway.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001731#000001

I have no idea if they are by the same person Pam is thinking of, but they are still lovely to look at! clap

[Linked Image]

There are also ones made of L&C and Perry.
~Amanda smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Inside Jokes - 07/23/03 08:00 PM
Ooh, thanks Amanda smile Yes, there was a link to her homepage -- that was Judy L, and she was who I was thinking of smile She also sent me a Due South ep on tape once, I think <g> and she offered to do a cross-stitch of my son.

Good times wink

PJ
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Inside Jokes - 07/29/03 07:53 AM
Specifically, I was wondering if anyone knows why Charlton Heston was chosen as the president in "Tempus Anyone?" I figured since he was the president of the NRA, and that universe was heavily into gun ownership, that it was meant to be an inside joke...

huh
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Inside Jokes - 07/29/03 10:49 AM
I think you've got it, Anne -- it went with the gun theme. Charlton Heston is a high-profile figure who is pro-gun-rights.

Mind you, he wouldn't have been very happy with the way Tempus was going about it...

PJ
Posted By: LabRat Re: Inside Jokes - 07/29/03 12:11 PM
I caught a couple of minutes of MJD earlier this evening. Wasn't the inclusion of the phrase 'warm and fuzzy feelings' in that episode a direct result of WAFFs being used in FoLCdom?

Or is my memory playing up again?

LabRat smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards