Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay...so I haven't read it yet, but I'm calling first dibs on the fdk folder so that I can come back and be witty with the subject heading. laugh

Thank you SO much Wendy!!! I'm loving this trilogy so far and I'm honored that I got a birthday post. blush

You made my day! goofy

I'll be back tomorrow with fdk! wink

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Oh, nice place to end it, Wendy. Right *before* he goes over to find out she's still breating/been replaced by a clone/been replaced by a dummy so she could make her escape! Hmph. Now poor Clark is stuck there, thinking she's dead... So sad... Poor Clark...

So I really think you should post the next part now. I mean, you wouldn't want to leave Clark in such a sad and depressed place, right? Surely you want to reassure me--er, I mean, him, by posting the next part and letting him discover she's not really dead?

Or... /me is suddenly suspicious Is this going to be a ghost-Lois story?

Great start! Can't wait to see more!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Happy Birthday Sara...hope you get another installment for tomorrow, on your birthday goofy

I was also slightly worried Lois had been stuck in a green cage somewhere, but luckily the most important part is Lois and Clark are together for the beginning of Part 2.....which we need now! grovel grovel grovel

Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy Birthday Sara! clap

Great part Wendy! Poor Clark..imagine how shocked he'll be when he finds out that she's alive..right?? Hey get back here and tell me she's alive! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
party Happy birthday Sara! smile smile smile smile

party Wendy posted!!!! laugh

But... /me looks at Wendy with trembling lip... Do post soon again... I don't think I can bare this tension, thiking Lois is dead. So if I do badly in school in the next few days I'll have you to blame. laugh

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow...it's the "Eternity" trilogy and Lois is drifting lifeless in Lake Superior.

Y I K E S

This could go two ways...

Lois is barely alive and Clark has to reveal his powers to her to get her to a hospital

Lois is dead - and the rest of the story is like a Desperate Housewives episode, with Lois narrating the rest of the story from above.

DARN IT TAKE US OUT OF OUR MISERY!

And Happy B-Day to Sara~

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwww Wendy! I thought there should be some more happening! I wondered how she'd fake her death. I guess Luthor didn't have anything to do with her going missing...no agreement she'd pretend to be dead...you know all that rot!

I was surprised she was even in the lake! I thought she'd be long gone, in some new city with a new name and a new life where Luthor wouldn't find her. Maybe getting a divorce somehow.

But better yet, she's faking her own death so she can really do that, show up later somewhere.

Or maybe she knew Clark would hear about it and come find her somehow. That's it, she planned it this way. She saw him take off to the air when he didn't think she was looking, realized he coudl fly, and knew he coudl save her on the water. Only now she's out of water and feeling a bit seasick. Alas.

Okay, I'll be looking for the next part. I'm glad I'm hooked again!

Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Kerth
Kerth
Knowing Wendy.... probably it won't be the body... smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As Sara said in the header of this thread: "Wendy's Evil".

This is really mean! What is with Lois? Is she alive or dead? If she's alive, did she fake her death? If she's dead, was it Luthor who killed her because he found out about Clark's visits?

Personally, I favor the Lois is still alive theory, but... you never know with one of Wendy's stories... She's just too darn good with plot twists...

Sira - frazzled and begging for the next part

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my God! Is Lois dead? No, please! [Linked Image] Wendy, don't let us like this! Poor Clark, sad, regreting, miserable... Haven't you pity of him? [Linked Image] Come back here and fix this mess!

Did Lex try death her? Did she fake her death to escape of Lex? Is she live yet? Isn't this a Tank story, it is? Please, say not! grovel

Questions, questions and questions. [Linked Image] Help, Wendy! This part was a sad gift to Sara. [Linked Image] She deserve a happier part next, don't you guess? [Linked Image]

More, more, more! [Linked Image]

HELLO, [Linked Image] BEST WISHES TO YOU!!!! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
If only Clark could fly her to Smallvill or something...

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, great albeit sad beginning of part 2 of the trilogy. thumbsup

Lois can't be really dead, right? wave

P.S.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARA!! dance dance

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, on the surface this was a good instalment with a very dramatic cliff hanger.

One small problem, which I don't know if Wendy thought about (I guess we'll have to see next time).

I'm assuming that Lois' isn't dead, otherwise this trilogy doesn't have too far to go. Problem... Lake Superior is a large, deep, and bitterly cold lake. Fisherman have to wear heavy coats when going out any distance on the lake even in high summer. According to the story, Clark sees her floating about a mile out? If it is Lois, hypothermia would have claimed her within a very short time of being in the water.

Waiting for the next part.

Tank (who isn't trying to rain on anyone's parade but just remembers reading about how cold Lake Superior was at one of the North Shore state parks several years ago)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tank, maybe she's frozen and he can thaw her out...been done ya know laugh

So, how diabolical and evil is Wendy?

What is Lois' fate? wallbash We need to know!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay, I'm back...<g>

Thanks again, Wendy!! And yes, I had a great one!!

The bold headline stared up at Clark, and he almost doubled over with a pain he'd had no idea he could experience.

She was dead. Lois. Lois was dead.
Okay, I know it can't be true, right? But razz

The tight hand already clutching his heart clenched even harder. Had she been so unhappy, so miserable that she had taken her own life?
OH!! Poor Clark!! He just doesn't know her well enough to know and...oh how sad!! razz

He’d been a stranger to her.
Aww...so sad, but unfortunatly true, that he keeps refering to himself as a stranger.

Someone she probably wouldn’t have given the time of day to if she’d met him in Metropolis.
/me takes a few pennies out of Lois's jar and starts one for Clark <g>

And once they’d started talking he’d been lost.
AWWW!!!

How crazy was that?
*sigh*...I'm going to be broke by the end of this trilogy...clink, clink <g>

And today she was...

...floating somewhere in Lake Superior, waiting for the police or some Canadian rescue service to find her body.
Harsh image, Wendy, but it works. frown

He could find her.
Yeah!

Why was no-one searching for Lois?
Because it's a hoax, Clark!! Not sure if it's Lois's doing or Lex's yet, but it's a set-up!

Did he have any feelings at all?
Nope! razz

Or maybe he was judging a man he knew nothing about far too hastily on the basis of too little information.
/me digs in her pocket for two more pennies

It would probably rain within the hour; this corner of Lake Superior mourning for Lois Lane.
Great sentence!

And then he saw it.
Eek!!

He darted down, heart in his throat. And was rewarded for his searching. It was Lois.
whinging Wendy!!!

Sara (who was going to say something else, probably about the writing and the emotion and the atmosphere...but she's too upset now whinging )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Blogger
Blogger
This could go two ways...
Three ways; you forgot that staple of light fiction--it could be a dream sequence. thud

Snarla2

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! This is superbly written. smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooooooh! I'm with the others-- this was powerful and surprising: she isn't really dead, is she??!!

If this is some kind of set up by Lex, it's pretty elaborate, isn't it? There's the glass with her prints on it. The footprints to the water's edge. Hmmm... Could she have been forced to set the stage? Forced to pick up the glass, spilling some water in the process? Could she have been forced to the water's edge? An accompanying set of footprints could be explained by the frantic husband following the prints to the water's edge, and then returning to the house to summon the staff, and help? And what's the motive? Her request for a divorce? (If I can't have you no one else can, etc., etc.?) A reaction to a report of goings-on with a stranger, given to the jealous husband by a watchful staff? Sheer boredom on the husband's part; wanting a new challenge and conveniently "losing" his wife?

When we left Lois at the end of the first story, she was going to ask for a divorce. No thoughts at all about escaping in a less conventional way; no motive to do so (no abuse, no threats-- indeed, Lex was calling every day and saying he loved her)... So I'm leaning less toward this as a Lois-originated plot and more as a Lex-originated plot... IF, indeed, there is a plot afoot (or aswim?). Maybe there's no hatched plot among the characters at all. Maybe all the plot hatching is being done ONLY by Wendy? Maybe Lois really IS dead?? eek

Tank has a good point, too-- how long has Lois been in the water? While I'd REALLY like Lois to be innocent and alive, I can't picture any forcing past the walk to the water's edge. (Wendy, how much influence do all of us have with you??) So how was this done?

Having read this section, I'm now looking at the title in a new light-- as Lois being betrayed... by the husband she may not have loved, but certainly didn't fear, either (until now?).

Wendy, you'll just have to hurry and put all of us (and Clark) out of our misery. /me adds my vote to the "you need to post soon" ballot.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So I'm evil, huh? And there I thought I was being nice by posting it for your birthday, Sara! goofy Thank you for the thread, and for your wonderful comments - which were almost as long as the story part! eek

Okay, lots of speculation here. Is the body a clone? Has Lois faked her own death? Has she committed suicide? Did Lex kill her, out of some sort of revenge or jealous rage? Is she really dead, or is Clark about to clutch her from the jaws of death? Or... will he grab a dummy? wink

Or - courtesy of Snarla - is this all a bad dream Clark's having? confused

No answers from this corner - sorry! wink All will be revealed in due course, however. As to how this could be a trilogy if Lois is really dead, there are ways which don't necessarily include Lois being a ghost. goofy

Janet, very interesting point:

Having read this section, I'm now looking at the title in a new light-- as Lois being betrayed... by the husband she may not have loved, but certainly didn't fear, either (until now?).
And you've guessed it: no comment. goofy

Thank you all so much - Sara, Bethy, Trenna, Liz, Julie, Chris, Nancy, José, Sira, Andreia, SJH, Julia, Tank, Tricia, Snarla, Maria and Janet. More very soon.

And, Tank, I'm not ignoring your point. Let's just say that, should it be relevant, goofy I would deal with it along the way.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard