Next Thread
Print Thread
#170542 04/11/14 03:57 AM
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
It's almost here! The 2014 Kerth Ceremony will be Saturday, April 12, 3:00pm Central Daylight Time (which is GMT -5).

The Kerth Ceremony is held on IRC. You will need an IRC client, and there are many options. Personally, I use mIRC.

You will need to connect to an Undernet.org server. Once you do, the Kerth Ceremony will be in the #kerthawards channel. This channel will be moderated, and only the presenter and the host will be allowed to "speak." You will also want to join the #kerthchat channel, where the fun is!

If you'd like to test out IRC before the ceremony, you can join #loisclark or #lanekent, which are the channels where FoLCs hang out. Sometimes they are quieter than others, but I will try to be in #loisclark whenever I can between now and the Kerths.

Any other questions? We could still use some more volunteers to present categories...PM me!

Amber smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Amber.

It's remembering to use the Undernet.org server that always messes with me.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
You're welcome, Virginia!

If anyone is interested, there are sounds available for the Kerth Ceremony. They can be downloaded from the Kerth Awards site. Instructions for using sounds for mIRC can be found here: Guide to mIRC Sounds.

Hope to see everyone at the Awards! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm having some trouble getting into loisclark. Can someone tell me exactly what to type? Plus which server do I use? Thanks. And sorry I'm so dumb.

Plus, I can't even seem to get connected. I've done this before. I shouldn't be having trouble, eh? I can't seem to find the undernet.org.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I am having the same trouble. This did not happen last year. frown

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm trying to find an alternate IRC channel to use but can't find the kerth channels or loisclark. Ah, well, I hope they publish the results right away.

I found it on Mibbit but keep getting kicked off.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So sorry to hear that, guys! The undernet servers should work but it was some slow going for me, too during connecting.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Mibbit has kicked me off as well.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I have just joined the #Kerthawards channel, but when I try to join the #Kerthchat channel, I get the message, "Cannot join channel (+i)".

I am using Trillian. A few lines previous, I saw a message, "LynnSM sets mode +iw."

I don't normally use IRC, and I don't even know what the "i" and "w" stand for. Could anyone who is more knowledgeable help me out?

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Was finally able to get on the mIRC but can't get to the kerth channels. Sigh... Ah, well.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard