Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: amberlea 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/11/14 07:57 AM
It's almost here! The 2014 Kerth Ceremony will be Saturday, April 12, 3:00pm Central Daylight Time (which is GMT -5).

The Kerth Ceremony is held on IRC. You will need an IRC client, and there are many options. Personally, I use mIRC.

You will need to connect to an Undernet.org server. Once you do, the Kerth Ceremony will be in the #kerthawards channel. This channel will be moderated, and only the presenter and the host will be allowed to "speak." You will also want to join the #kerthchat channel, where the fun is!

If you'd like to test out IRC before the ceremony, you can join #loisclark or #lanekent, which are the channels where FoLCs hang out. Sometimes they are quieter than others, but I will try to be in #loisclark whenever I can between now and the Kerths.

Any other questions? We could still use some more volunteers to present categories...PM me!

Amber smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/11/14 01:37 PM
Thank you, Amber.

It's remembering to use the Undernet.org server that always messes with me.
Posted By: amberlea Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/11/14 11:01 PM
You're welcome, Virginia!

If anyone is interested, there are sounds available for the Kerth Ceremony. They can be downloaded from the Kerth Awards site. Instructions for using sounds for mIRC can be found here: Guide to mIRC Sounds.

Hope to see everyone at the Awards! smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 01:37 PM
I'm having some trouble getting into loisclark. Can someone tell me exactly what to type? Plus which server do I use? Thanks. And sorry I'm so dumb.

Plus, I can't even seem to get connected. I've done this before. I shouldn't be having trouble, eh? I can't seem to find the undernet.org.
Posted By: Morgana Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 02:12 PM
I am having the same trouble. This did not happen last year. frown
Posted By: Classicalla Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 02:18 PM
I'm trying to find an alternate IRC channel to use but can't find the kerth channels or loisclark. Ah, well, I hope they publish the results right away.

I found it on Mibbit but keep getting kicked off.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 02:55 PM
So sorry to hear that, guys! The undernet servers should work but it was some slow going for me, too during connecting.

wave Michael
Posted By: Morgana Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 03:12 PM
Mibbit has kicked me off as well.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 03:34 PM
I have just joined the #Kerthawards channel, but when I try to join the #Kerthchat channel, I get the message, "Cannot join channel (+i)".

I am using Trillian. A few lines previous, I saw a message, "LynnSM sets mode +iw."

I don't normally use IRC, and I don't even know what the "i" and "w" stand for. Could anyone who is more knowledgeable help me out?

Thanks,
Lynn
Posted By: Classicalla Re: 2014 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/14 05:04 PM
Was finally able to get on the mIRC but can't get to the kerth channels. Sigh... Ah, well.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards