Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There are a few of us on the boards who love to torture our characters (usually just the ones by the names of Lois and Clark) and we call our little clique "League of Evil Writers" or "Evil Writer" for short. wink

In gathering ideas for Fundraising Swag, I thought it might be fun to have a:

You Know You're An Evil Writer When...

list to add to the slogan idea thread , but I could use some help out there from other Evil Writers (also known as "EW") and our fans (that would be the Evil Readers or "ER") to come up a good list.

DC, you started us off with:

1) You love to torture your characters.

Here's what I've come up with:

2) Plot twists and cliffhangers make you laugh with glee.

Try to keep your ideas generic enough that Evil Writers from other fandoms might be interested in purchasing it to help fund our funddrive. There isn't a more evil idea than that. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
3) Your goal is to make your readers cry.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
4) You love making your readers lose sleep while they stay up reading your latest installment.

Sorry, I can only think of the one off-hand; I'm only an Evil Writer on rare occasions -- just enough to remain unpredictable. Hmmm... Does that make me more or less evil than a writer whose works are more consistently evil?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You LOVE cliffhangers!

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois and Clark are just about to kiss and you have somebody (probably Jimmy Olsen) interrupt them.

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
There are a few of us on the boards who love to torutre our characters (usually just the ones by the names of Lois and Clark)
Apologies in advance, Virginia.

I'm not sure if I'm evil or not, but I would love to torutre my characters. That word just sounds so deliciously evil. What could I do to Clark that would qualify as torutring him? Surely it would have to be something really, really bad!

Corrina.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
7. One word: KRYPTONITE

Laura wink

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
There are a few of us on the boards who love to torutre our characters (usually just the ones by the names of Lois and Clark)
Apologies in advance, Virginia.

I'm not sure if I'm evil or not, but I would love to torutre my characters. That words just sounds so deliciously evil. What could I do to Clark that would qualify as torutring him? Surely it would have to be something really, really bad!
rotflol

That's what I get for not doing my usual 10X read throughs before posting, and running off to make dinner before sundown. TORTURE!

Any way it's spelled, Corinna, you qualify as an Evil Writer (Female Hawk literally tortures Clark in Trusting Me, Trusting You ). Honey, you're OVERQUALIFIED.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, I wish I'd learnt that word before writing TMTY. I could have called it 'Torutring Me, Torutring You.'

rotflol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Wendymr:
You LOVE cliffhangers!
I do, Wendy. I really do. Unfortunately, I also already covered Cliffhangers in #2. Sorry. frown

Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Lois and Clark are just about to kiss and you have somebody (probably Jimmy Olsen) interrupt them.
So true. Me and the League of Evil Writers are big fans of interruptors, not just Jimmy, but Lex and Herb Wells, too, and on rare occusions the Kents and Perry. I was looking for something more generic though, because if we slap it on a T-shirt (for the fundraiser) we don't want those DC copyright people mad at us. Do you mind if I edit it to be:

5) "every road your characters find to true love, happiness, or even a simple kiss is filled with potholes, guided missiles, and/or mutant frogs." (potholes being a figurative Jimmy, guided missiles comes from literally from Shayne Terry's Fugue , and the last being a reference to clones, of course). Let me know if this is as an acceptable replacement.

Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Oh, I wish I'd learnt that word before writing TMTY. I could have called it 'Torutring Me, Torutring You.' huh (or perhaps I was in such a rush, I didn't notice that it was flagged. blush )

6. "Your characters (or self) slip on the obvious banana peel."

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LMA:
<strong> 7. One word: KRYPTONITE

Laura wink
Yes, Kryptonite does help in us, sometimes literally, torture our favorite flying superhero. A little bit more specific than what I was hoping for. How about: "Fatal Flaw"? Although, technically that isn't one word. Let me know what you come up with, or if you want me to work it into something finishing the phrase...

You Know You're An Evil Writer When...

8. "Angst is your best friend."

VirginiaR.
---
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
9) You know you're an evil writer when readers suggest a) your story belongs in some other Superman-related fandom (like Smallville) or b) your story should be on some other site because it doesn't end with happily-ever-after.

And that's why I'm waiting to send off to Beta stage something I have that's complete but which qualifies me for some FOLCs' shooting gallery.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
10) Your story's villains make the Axis of Evil look like a teddy bear picnic. devil

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ColleenMA:
<strong> 10) Your story's villains make the Axis of Evil look like a teddy bear picnic. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
11) You hear a maniacal cackling whenever you're writing, and realize it's coming from you.

12) You find yourself constantly using multiple content warnings. In the same story.

13) Your idea of making something suitable for all ages is to take out the 3rd torture scene, the gorier death scene, and that scene with the jello.

14) People who read your fan-fiction ask why you clearly hate the show so much.

15) Your fics are not assigned a rating since the mods feel your by-line is warning enough.

This is fun. smile

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Queen of Capes posted:
11) You hear a maniacal cackling whenever you're writing, and realize it's coming from you.
thumbsup ) to come up with something spectacular...something towards the 'Fatal Flaw' idea sounds wonderfully 'torutous'--sorry, I just couldn't resist laugh

Laura

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
16) Your favorite kind of feedback is the kind where the readers threaten you.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
16) Your favorite kind of feedback is the kind where the readers threaten you.
Um... DC, the only acceptable threats are tomatoes and wildguy on parade.

17) We have to keep reminding people that Evil Writers aren't evil in Real Life, only in fiction.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
16a) The graemlin you most like to see in FDK is: whinging

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
Virginia posted:
Yes, Kryptonite does help in us, sometimes literally, torture our favorite flying superhero. A little bit more specific than what I was hoping for. How about: "Fatal Flaw"? Although, technically that isn't one word. Let me know what you come up with, or if you want me to work it into something finishing the phrase...
I trust you, Virginia--and your flair for evilness ( thumbsup ) to come up with something spectacular...something towards the 'Fatal Flaw' idea sounds wonderfully 'torutous'--sorry, I just couldn't resist laugh
Hmmmmm. Let's see...
7) You find yourself exploiting your hero's fatal flaw for random reasons.

7) Your hero doesn't behave you threaten to kill him off, because you know how.

7) You exploit your hero's fatal flaw because it's a Tuesday.

Oh, dear, I'm afraid I could go all night. evil Will any of those work?

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
They are all nice and evil, but I think my favorite is:

7) You exploit your hero's fatal flaw because it's a Tuesday.
The 'because it's a Tuesday' totally made it for me--awesome!

Thanks Virginia clap
Laura

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard