Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We've started quite a collection over on the Fundraiser for the LnC FanFic Msb thread. I figured since we're clogging up the discussion there, I'd separate out the ideas into a new thread. Also, please let me know if "swag" is the wrong word meaning:

*mouse pads
*pens
*mugs
*cups/tumblers
*shirts
*hats
*etc
(thanks to Laura for the list)

and I'll correct it.

If you have ideas for what makes a Writer an Evil Writer, please help us brainstorm over here

Here's what has been suggested so far (many thanks to contributors, the original authors of these suggestions can be found on the above-referenced thread):

"It's a Fanfic Thing, You Wouldn't Understand."

"LnC:NAoS - FanFiction: 20 years long and still super strong" /Although, I know technically, the show's FanFiction probably started before the end of the show./

"LnC:NAoS - FanFiction: Don't knock a man with glasses; you never know what secrets he may be hiding./

"FanFiction: After 20 years, my superhero can still beat up your superhero, but he's chooses to be better than that."

"FanFiction: I spend my free time saving the world. What do you do?"

"Psst: I have a secret identity. I write FanFiction."

"Psst: I have a secret identity. I read FanFiction."

"Chocolate and Coffee: the fuel of all great writers."

"Strong women don't need a superhero to back her up, but it doesn't hurt to have one on speed dial."

"I prefer Chocolate to Rocky Road. Ask me why?"

"Who needz to spell propperly? That's what editers are four."

"Who needz to spell propperly? That's what parners R 4." (I edited this to be more misspelt. It's a gift, just ask my Betas. wink )

"Evil Writer"

"I'd rather be writing fanfiction."

"I'd rather be reading fanfiction."

"You tore me out of my story for this???"

"Will write for FDK"

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How about:

"My Beta is my Superhero"

"I love a Lunkhead"

"Lunkhead: No Hero is Perfect"

"Lunkhead" (Says it all, doesn't it? wink )

"Evil Writer: I love to torture my favorite characters"

"Evil Reader: I love it when a writer tortures my favorite characters"

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
A few more:

"Through fanfiction, the story continues..."

"All because a Mad Dog and a Lunkhead fell in love..."

"Chumpy--it is a word!" blush

Maybe something to include "The Hottest Team in Town"?

Still thinking,
Laura wave

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Fans of Lois & Clark are good FoLCs.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Here's some gems from "Ordinary People":

"There'll always be another headless corpse. Love comes maybe once."

"A boyfriend who can turn my every whim into reality takes a little getting used to."

"Alone in paradise with the one (in the ep is was woman but I thought I'd make it more gender neutral) I love. It's almost biblical."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Fans of Lois & Clark are good FoLCs.
clap Good one, Lynn. Does that qualify as a pun?

Originally posted by Christina:
Here's some gems from "Ordinary People":

"There'll always be another headless corpse. Love comes maybe once."

"A boyfriend who can turn my every whim into reality takes a little getting used to."

"Alone in paradise with the one (in the ep is was woman but I thought I'd make it more gender neutral) I love. It's almost biblical."
While those are terrific quotes from LnC's OP, they are copyright protected and belong to DC Comics and the writer of the episode (and maybe a production company as well). We're looking for original slogans for our fundraiser, which aren't copyrighted.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
While those are terrific quotes from LnC's OP, they are copyright protected and belong to DC Comics and the writer of the episode (and maybe a production company as well). We're looking for original slogans for our fundraiser, which aren't copyrighted. [/QUOTE]
True, and there's some pretty good ones already.

"Strong women don't need a superhero to back her up..." is one I like.

Also: "Through fanfiction the story continues" is a really neat one too.

I really ditto the idea of commenting on the "Hottest Team in Town" thing. How about....
"The Strange Visitor from afar and the reporter, the Hottest Team in Town."
It kind of feels kinda weak though, it doesn't really fit my image of this version of Clark/Superman.

Maybe we could come up with something akin to "Reporter is who I am, superheroics is what I can do."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I really ditto the idea of commenting on the "Hottest Team in Town" thing. How about....
"The Strange Visitor from afar and the reporter, the Hottest Team in Town."
It kind of feels kinda weak though, it doesn't really fit my image of this version of Clark/Superman.
What about...

"The Hottest Team in Town! A woman in need of a hero and a man with glasses." Or something like that?

"What are a woman in need of a rescue and a man wearing glasses? The Hottest Team in Town!" [Linked Image] Still needs work.

"What do a woman in need of a rescue and a man in glasses have in common? They're the Hottest Team in Town!"

Maybe we could come up with something akin to "Reporter is who I am, superheroics is what I can do."
Being that most of us aren't reporters, what about...

"Writer is who I am. Superheroics is what I can do."

or

"Superheroics are my specialty."

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One with just
FoLC
would be good.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Re: The Hottest Team in Town ideas:

"My beta and me - the hottest team in town."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Re: The Hottest Team in Town ideas:

"My beta and me - the hottest team in town."
clap Love it!

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loving the 'Hottest Team in Town' slogans clap ...

Hmmm...something to include all 'three' people into their team? :

'What do three identities add up to? The Hottest Team in Town' (kinda like the play on numbers in this...)

Or something related to the how Clark likes to edit Lois' copy:

'My beta--the only one who can edit my copy'

Laura huh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
Or something related to the how Clark likes to edit Lois' copy:

'My beta--the only one who can edit my copy'
clap Love it!

I also like the idea that Lois sees Clark as her beta. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I also like the idea that Lois sees Clark as her beta.
Ah. Had not thought of that thumbsup . Great catch!

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You guys have a lot of great one liners here. Has anyone started a poll to narrow it down?

I think Sara Kraft will be taking point on this particular part of the fundraising. smile

It's wonderful to see everyone step up like you all have!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by amciotola:
You guys have a lot of great one liners here. Has anyone started a poll to narrow it down?
We're still in the brainstorming stage. Until we had an ETA for the Fundraiser, I was just going to keep it open for brainstorming. Then make a poll closer to the Fundraiser date to narrow down the ideas.

I think Sara Kraft will be taking point on this particular part of the fundraising. smile
Thanks! hyper

When I do the poll should I have it be "Choose your top three favorites from the list" type thing? I don't know how many slogans we need, but I doubt there's a one-size fits all slogan. Before creating a poll, I can make a final list and allow proofing (by those Grammar-philes) and error checks (i.e. Hey! You forget this one! or You know, this would sound better like this...).

As a mom, I rarely spend any money on myself (outside of occasional DVD or book or necessary piece of clothing), so this is a great way to do something for ME! I mean, for the good of the FoLC Message Boards.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Given how many slogans we've come up with, you might want to have two rounds of polls; in the first round, people could be asked to choose their X favourite slogans, and the X most popular will make it to the second round, in which FoLCs will be asked to choose their Y favourite slogans from the list (with Y<X, of course).

What do you think?

Joy,
Lynn

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Virginia and Lynn, great idea for the polls! Looks like there's well over 30 slogans! It's been forever since I've done a poll - will a poll support that many? If it can, you might want to start with pick your top 10 or so. Another thought... some of them seem to be similar but for the "reading" or "writing" distinction. I wonder if we could combine those for now (e.g. "I'd rather be writing/reading fanfiction."), and if they make it to the end, separate them out?

I'll do some poking around on the different sites for swag people have mentioned and see what's most feasible. I think it'd be nice to have more than one slogan available, if possible.

I did some poking around on CafePress and Zazzle... and it seem slike it would be far too cost-prohibitive to make anything other than a shirt. For example, a base price for a mug on CafePress is $10.99. As a shop owner, I can mark that up by $15 without being charged extra. (And I'd have to do more research, but I believe opening a shop also puts your stuff on the CafePress Marketplace, where *they* get to set a price. Only 10% commission comes from that. This could split and confuse our profits, not to mention making it very unwieldy.)

I think the t-shirts through teespring.com (or CafePress also has a similar fundraising setup) is our best bet.

That said, we could have some stickers made up for fairly cheap (though mailing them out would be the pricy part) at moo.com - http://us.moo.com/products/rectangular-stickers.html Maybe everyone with a minimum donation of $x would get a sticker? Or we could even get a couple of sets printed and people could dontate for a sticker pack of the top 5 slogans? (I imagine that stickers could incorporate some of the similar slogans: Like a mirrored image of "I'd rather be reading/writing fanfiction.")

Did you want to get the poll(s) started, Virginia?

Thanks!
Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KSaraSara:
Did you want to get the poll(s) started, Virginia?
I'll try to start the first poll tomorrow. I'll set up a final list tonight. I'll also do a poll for our favorite "Evil Writer" conditions, too, and try to narrow them down to the top ten. evil

I'm thinking something like...

[img]http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/...t=460&width=460&padToSquare=true[/img]
(Sorry about the large picture. My talent is writing not art, let alone computer art. laugh And, yes, Lynn, I did chose that example because I knew you'd enjoy it.)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by KSaraSara:
[b] Did you want to get the poll(s) started, Virginia?
I'll try to start the first poll tomorrow. I'll set up a final list tonight. I'll also do a poll for our favorite "Evil Writer" conditions, too, and try to narrow them down to the top ten. evil

I'm thinking something like...

[img]http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/...t=460&width=460&padToSquare=true[/img]
(Sorry about the large picture. My talent is writing not art, let alone computer art. laugh And, yes, Lynn, I did chose that example because I knew you'd enjoy it.) [/b]
Are you thinking two different Evil Writer ones? One with the list and one without? Personally, I would be more inclined to get one that just says Evil Writer. Maybe in like a typewriter font.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard