Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#169970 01/27/14 09:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm guessing that she wasn't looking at his bare feet the one time she caught him in just a towel.
Hehe... No, but what about those times they've watched movies together? I can imagine his bare feet on the coffee table. But then she never recognized his hands, so....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#169971 01/27/14 10:14 AM
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I always assumed he had red socks underneath, like the ones at 0:54 here

#169972 01/27/14 10:54 AM
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I just watched the video again, and I think those are not red socks, they are red boots. Some kind of strange soft boot. He tries on brown leather boots, and then green boots, and then those. If you stop the video at just the right time (0:53), you can see what looks to be white socks on *underneath* the red sock/boots. Which, maybe, answers the question? White athletic socks?

#169973 01/27/14 04:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, Virginia - the red sock thing was with the Captain America style costume Martha made. When he emerges in the (shieldless) Superman costume, the boots are leather (you can see the decorative lacing on them).

Ingeborg is right - as he's pulling up the red socks with the Captain America outfit, you can see white athletic socks beneath the red as he pulls them up.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#169974 01/28/14 01:58 AM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Considering that his feet are invulnerable, and he doesn't sweat (unless under emotional pressure), would he even need to wear socks? It's not like he's going to develop blisters or foot odour

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#169975 01/28/14 06:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by NostalgiaKick:
Considering that his feet are invulnerable, and he doesn't sweat (unless under emotional pressure), would he even need to wear socks? It's not like he's going to develop blisters or foot odour
Considering, though, that Clark was raised in a culture where he was taught to wear socks with his shoes, I could see him considering it mandatory, even if it's not necessary. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169976 01/28/14 08:52 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Considering that his feet are invulnerable, and he doesn't sweat (unless under emotional pressure), would he even need to wear socks? It's not like he's going to develop blisters or foot odour
Considering, though, that Clark was raised in a culture where he was taught to wear socks with his shoes, I could see him considering it mandatory, even if it's not necessary. laugh [/b]
I'm with Virginia on this one. I can't imagine either Clark OR Superman going without socks of some sort or another.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#169977 01/28/14 11:45 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wouldn't it be funny if the socks Lois sees him wearing were originally a present from her to Clark?
The secret revealed by a pair of socks... I can't remember a story using this 😉

Kathryn
#169978 01/29/14 12:47 AM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Wouldn't it be funny if the socks Lois sees him wearing were originally a present from her to Clark?
I totally agree Kathryn84, I'd enjoy reading that smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#169979 01/29/14 01:43 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Kathryn84:
I was hoping for a much smaller revelation in my particular story (especially as it's early season one or so). But that doesn't mean someone else couldn't try this. party *dances over to the challenge page to set this up.*

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#169980 01/29/14 04:02 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Did we ever see what type of socks Clark wears with his business-suits? My guess would be he doesn't change them because it seems highly unlikely that he has to get out of his boots in public at all.

Kathryn
#169981 01/29/14 04:05 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry doublepost

Kathryn
#169982 02/04/14 02:53 AM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Actually I was just watching GGGoH, and when he collapses after Jonathon exposes him to the Kryptonite, he's wearing plain black socks under his dress pants.
Don't know if there's any other point in the series where we see them, just came across this one by accident smile

#169983 02/05/14 05:11 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
What about some knitted socks from his mom? Or something silly or innocent. When I was searching Google for Superman socks, I saw some Kermit the Frog socks ("It's not easy being green" - I don't know, I could see Clark being a closet Kermit fan). But knowing how careful Clark is with his uniform, this would include everything down to his socks and underwear he would wear as Superman. That's why I agreed with Lynn that they were probably yellow, as there is so little yellow in his uniform. I went back and checked to see if we could see Clark's socks when he did the whole 'trying on boots' scene during the costume montage in the Pilot, but I couldn't see anything but boot.

And, yes, I was kidding about the striped socks earlier. laugh
Who says Clark needs to be a closet Kermit fan. I can see him openly telling Lois he loves Kermit. In fact I can see the Kermit socks being the catalyst that causes Lois to realize CK=SM.

John Pack Lambert
#169984 02/05/14 05:17 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Classicalla:
[b]
Boots are just going to wear out and need cleaning. His feet are as indestructable as the rest of him and easier to clean. I have to conclude the boots must serve as part of the disguise. Does he have really gnarly bunions or something?
If Lois is there in the story, might she recognize Clark's feet?
I'm guessing that she wasn't looking at his bare feet the one time she caught him in just a towel. [/b]
The most likely way for her to recognize his bare feet is if he recently took his shoes and socks off during a light night writing session and propped his bare-feet up on a table, or something like that.

I am not sure we ever saw him barefoot in canon, although I am sure he was at the end of "Soul Mates" and start of "Brutal Youth", not that Lois was looking at his feet. I think he even has his feet covered in the infamous photos in "Sex, Lies and Video Tapes". The real scandal of SLVT, SM goes to be with his boots still on.

John Pack Lambert
#169985 02/05/14 05:22 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[b] Considering that his feet are invulnerable, and he doesn't sweat (unless under emotional pressure), would he even need to wear socks? It's not like he's going to develop blisters or foot odour
Considering, though, that Clark was raised in a culture where he was taught to wear socks with his shoes, I could see him considering it mandatory, even if it's not necessary. laugh [/b]
I would think that Martha would have included socks as part of the outfit. That idea makes sense to me. It is just too much part of the American culture to wear socks with boots and shoes for Clark to not to. If he had been raised in a place like California where sandals are big, I might see him going sockless, but not as a Kansas-rasied person.

John Pack Lambert
#169986 02/07/14 01:45 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can see Clark being a thrifty farm boy as darning his socks when needed instead of throwing them out. Lois could recognize that from when he kicks his shoes off when watching a video.

#169987 02/09/14 05:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, but wouldn't it be neat if he took his socks off and there were holes in them? laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#169988 02/22/14 09:09 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
What about argyle? Maybe in colors that aren't too reserved, a la Clark's ties?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard