Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LMA Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was watching bits of episodes and looking at some of the transcripts trying to collect some info for my story...there were a few things that I wasn't sure on though:

Clark did a lot of traveling and free-lance work b/f settling in Metropolis...I was trying to get info on his life during that period...I know from looking tonight we hear that:
-he was Editor, Smallville Press, Smallville, KS
-visited/knew about the Yolngu Tribe in New Guinea (talks about paava leaves to relieve stress)
-The Borneo Gazette (wrote article about the mating rituals of the knob-tailed gecko)
-he had high tea at London Savoy
-learned how to dance from a Nigerian princess who studied ballroom dancing in England
Is anything else brought up about his world-travels and work?

Lucy is younger and new to town....
-was she living with Lois or visiting?
-when/why does she leave?
-is a boyfriend for her ever mentioned in Season 1?

Lois' love life....
-Mitchell (hypochondriac) is brought up in the pilot--work acquaintance, and that is it
-Claude (is French/happened when she first started at DP/thought she was 'in love'/told him about her story/next morning was gone/won award with her story info)
-Linda King (best friend in college/Lois worked at school paper and senior Paul was the editor/had crush on him/Linda stole her info for a story/Paul fell for her instead of Lois)
Is anything else ever mentioned?

And then randomly, I was searching for two particular scenes from the show to collect some info and couldn't find them....
-when is the 'rockie road/chocolate ice cream' debate? I know it's Dan vs. Clark, but can't seem to figure out which scene and where...
-where in the show does Jonathan talk to Clark about "being dissected like a frog" if his secret is discovered? Can not pin-point that scene....

Thanks for the help--really appreciate it! notworthy

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lots of good questions. I have a few answers...

Originally posted by LMA:
I was watching bits of episodes and looking at some of the transcripts trying to collect some info for my story...there were a few things that I wasn't sure on though:
The scripts aren't 100% accurate to what was finally aired. Like in the Prankster script Lois brings Woody Allen films to Clark's apt, and not Mel Gibson (the Woody Allen line was also used on some of the dubbing into other languages).

Clark did a lot of traveling and free-lance work b/f settling in Metropolis...I was trying to get info on his life during that period...I know from looking tonight we hear that:
-he was Editor, Smallville Press, Smallville, KS
-visited/knew about the Yolngu Tribe in New Guinea (talks about paava leaves to relieve stress)
-The Borneo Gazette (wrote article about the mating rituals of the knob-tailed gecko)
-he had high tea at London Savoy
-learned how to dance from a Nigerian princess who studied ballroom dancing in England
Is anything else brought up about his world-travels and work?
He speaks Chinese, so he must have visited China (or lived there for a while). I don't know if he says Mandarin or Chinese, but this during the whole Chinese food scene in the Pilot.

Lucy is younger and new to town....
-was she living with Lois or visiting?
-when/why does she leave?
-is a boyfriend for her ever mentioned in Season 1?
It seems to me that she's living there. She borrows Lois's clothes, and Jimmy finds her there exercising. If she didn't live there (or be staying there on a visit), that would be just weird. In S2, when they bring back Lucy in Metallo, I believe they mention she had been in California. The only boyfriend, mentioned specifically, is Johnny Corbin from Metallo. Although, she does accept Jimmy's date offer. notworthy </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My pleasure. Good luck!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We learn in Never on Sunday that Clark worked in Jamaica in a story about gun runners, when he was a green reporter. Matt Young and Rod Clemens led Clark to believe that John Hendricks was responsible for the gun smuggling, when they were the real culprits. Clark’s story ruined John Hendricks’s life and he came to Metropolis years later as Baron Sunday, seeking revenge.

Lois was an exchange student in Ireland where she got to know Patrick Sullivan.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
LMA Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks so much for all the info!

The scripts aren't 100% accurate to what was finally aired. Like in the Prankster script Lois brings Woody Allen films to Clark's apt, and not Mel Gibson (the Woody Allen line was also used on some of the dubbing into other languages).
I had remembered reading that someone had mentioned that previously in another thread--that the scripts aren't totally accurate--so I was double checking the DVD's if something seemed 'off' ....ironically, when I was looking for the 'chocolate/rockie road' conversation (from TJO-thanks for helping with locating, btw smile )in the script, instead of 'chocolate vs. rockie road' they actually had a 'row boat v. a speed boat' conversation....definitely a much better scene talking about ice cream--but was sorta entertaining reading the initial idea for the scene clap

He speaks Chinese, so he must have visited China (or lived there for a while). I don't know if he says Mandarin or Chinese, but this during the whole Chinese food scene in the Pilot.
Thanks for the reminder---which helped me to remember that he 'can order dinner in 347 languages' (from LL)....so both bits of info help to illustrated how much of a 'world traveler' he is...

I don't think Linda King counts as Lois's past love life . Paul's last name was Bender (just like Lex's attorney's name). She describes her love life like a Federal disaster in Virtually Destroyed. Doesn't Lois mention dating that football player in high school in It's a Small World? I can't recall exactly.
I'll make sure not to include Linda King blush LOL....thanks for the 'federal disaster' line from VD. I looked into IASWAA, and she dated Joe Malloy in high school (it was her 'dating a quarterback phase' and didn't last long, she stated). Hadn't thought of him!

We learn in Never on Sunday that Clark worked in Jamaica in a story about gun runners, when he was a green reporter. Matt Young and Rod Clemens led Clark to believe that John Hendricks was responsible for the gun smuggling, when they were the real culprits. Clark’s story ruined John Hendricks’s life and he came to Metropolis years later as Baron Sunday, seeking revenge.

Lois was an exchange student in Ireland where she got to know Patrick Sullivan.
Great info--appreciate it and had forgotten all about it smile ...thanks!

Mind if I pick your brains a little more?

-Where did Lois and Clark go to college? Was it ever mentioned? For some reason I keep remembering a 'Met. U' (or Metropolis University) for Lois--but not sure if my mind is making things up, or I'm getting it from a fic confused

-Clark played football in college (ASU)...did either of them play any other sports in high school or college?

-Lastly, I'm a bit confused on the Congo storyline--and apologize if I'm way off here...we learn that Alt. Clark's Lois (I'll call her Alt. Lois) disappeared and was lost on assignment in the Congo on a gun running story. In 'The Prankster' we learn that Lois' first big story was an expose into the arms business (Kyle Griffin was designing high tech weaponry which was then sold to third-world countries, and he was put in prison for treason). Are these two stories the same 'Congo' story--with different outcomes to the different Lois'? Or are they totally different stories and the real Lois never had anything to do with anything 'Congo' related? huh

Trying to gather some background 'what they've been up to' type conversation...thanks smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
-Where did Lois and Clark go to college? Was it ever mentioned? For some reason I keep remembering a 'Met. U' (or Metropolis University) for Lois--but not sure if my mind is making things up, or I'm getting it from a fic
Lois went to Met U, but I don't remember where it was mentioned, probably in the Rival or possibly by Lucy, early on. Clark's alma mater is MidWest U. (from ASU), which funny enough is a real College... without a football team.

-Clark played football in college (ASU)...did either of them play any other sports in high school or college?
Lois lists off what she was involved in PML (Chess Club is the one I remember, because it followed the line "I know how to have fun.") Clark doesn't say much of what he did. There maybe more information on Lois's activities in High School (Metropolis High's Lions) during IaSWAA, but I can't remember what.

Lastly, I'm a bit confused on the Congo storyline--and apologize if I'm way off here...we learn that Alt. Clark's Lois (I'll call her Alt. Lois) disappeared and was lost on assignment in the Congo on a gun running story. In 'The Prankster' we learn that Lois' first big story was an expose into the arms business (Kyle Griffin was designing high tech weaponry which was then sold to third-world countries, and he was put in prison for treason). Are these two stories the same 'Congo' story--with different outcomes to the different Lois'? Or are they totally different stories and the real Lois never had anything to do with anything 'Congo' related?
Could be. Might not be. The story stolen by Claude also may have had something to do with gunrunning (and is mentioned in the script, I believe, but not on the show). Between Alt-Lois/Congo, Jamaica (Clark), Claude, and Kyle Griffin, gun-running is a popular story for LnC to follow early in their careers. Also, Kyle's treason charge was dropped when they filmed it (it only showed up in the script).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Awesome---thanks for the college info smile

Lois lists off what she was involved in PML (Chess Club is the one I remember, because it followed the line "I know how to have fun.") Clark doesn't say much of what he did. There maybe more information on Lois's activities in High School (Metropolis High's Lions) during IaSWAA, but I can't remember what.
I thought of that scene from PML and watched it tonight--she mentioned that she never played hooky--and was in the chess club and math club. Love the 'I know how to have fun' line, btw wink ....in IASWAA it was mentioned that Lois was student body president.

Between Alt-Lois/Congo, Jamaica (Clark), Claude, and Kyle Griffin, gun-running is a popular story for LnC to follow early in their careers. Also, Kyle's treason charge was dropped when they filmed it (it only showed up in the script )
Good point--popular all around...go with a vague 'gun-running' reference maybe for career talk smile

Thanks--the extra info is great to have hyper

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Lois also played tennis in college--her partner's dad "knows guys who know guys". It's in the episode where Clark's globe is stolen but I don't have the episode name.

Lois also knows a ridiculous amount of boxing info from hanging around Menken's gym growing up.

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
According to the script, Clark also spent time in Tibet, Nepal, and Australia.

I spent some time in a Llamasary in Tibet and with the Sherpas in Nepal. I just got back from Australia. I've been studying the Dreamtime theory in Aboriginal mythology.
Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark can read Russian (from Super Mann) but that might not mean he has ever been there.

In the pilot he goes to a Chinese-restaurant in Shanghai to get their food. We get the impression he was there before.

Considering he has been out of college for something like 5 years at the start of the pilot, it is surprising that we do not learn more about his trials.

Oh, the gecko he speaks of lives in Australia, and Jonthan mentions the "out back" which is Australia as well.

In the Script for "Smart Kids" I think they have some cut lines about Borneo that suggest even more that Clark has been there.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The football player is Joe Maloy. She specifically says something about "I was in my dating the quarterback phase". He never seemed to fit with the "all my past relationships were federal disasters" line exactly. Maybe Lois has just forgot everything that was federal disaster about him. Or maybe it is because she did cross the intimacy threshold with him, so he does not count. The whole "you'll be my first/I'll be your first non-federal disaster" line suggests we are talking about crossing the intimacy threshold. Although Lois also brings up Lex, and it is clear she never got in bed with him, so what exactly they mean is sometimes unclear.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In "It's a Small World After All" we learn Lois was class president/student body president (I can't remember which) in high school. The person who is shrinking people lost the race to her.

In PML she mentions both the chess club and the math club.

We also learn she was tennis partners with Louie's daughter.

Also she was on the college paper, as mentioned in "the Rvial".

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The way Lois knows exactly about the Congo without having to be told suggests that she in fact did go to the Congo. I always assume that Clark not being tied down to Lana and such, meant he somehow did something that saved her.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard