OP Offline
Top Banana
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW............

I'm a gooey mess.. wink

Nice job Laura! clap

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Really cool, Laura..

I believe now when you say you have a talent for WAFFYs...

Keep up!

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Kerth
Kerth
Beautiful! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful, Laura. smile You've really captured the emotional tension between the two.

And you're probably right about Gilbert.<g>

cc m

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww! That was so sweet! thumbsup

I like your version of what Clark says much better than the original! And, of course, the kiss... Go, Clark! clap

Very nice story! Thanks, Laura.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't like the episode "Barbarians at the Planet'. It was too sad. Your version "Barbarians in the Rain' is much better, is more romantic, it has happy end and oh... how sweet! [Linked Image] I loved it!
[Linked Image]
Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was a lovely reading. Nice work, Laura!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I always tell anyone who watches the movie with me that if Gilbert had just wrapped his coat around Anne and kissed her senseless, she would have realized her true feelings for him.
I think you're right! goofy If Clark had just kissed her, we'd have seen what you've written here, instead of the way the episode had it.

For a few minutes there, when they both got rained on, and they started talking about Superman, I thought Lois had tumbled to Clark's secret-- what with the wet hair and all... But I forgot, he'd still have had his glasses on.

I'm glad you had Lois go after him, instead of letting him leave.

Nice job!! Feel like writing any more stories? goofy

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I too totally agree, and Anne of Green Gables is also one of my favourite movies. wink

Anyway, beautiful take on the episode, beatiful writing. Thumbs up! smile

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
That was soooo sweet, and soooo cute! sloppy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh sorry I took so long to respond! Thanks for your comments laugh . I am glad you enjoyed it. It was just a piece of waffy-gooeyness -- just the way I like my stories.

I believe now when you say you have a talent for WAFFYs...
I believe what I said was that I have no talent writing anything other than happy, waffy, kissy scenes. Any attempt at anything heavier, and my mind starts to go crazy. cat

For a few minutes there, when they both got rained on, and they started talking about Superman, I thought Lois had tumbled to Clark's secret-- what with the wet hair and all... But I forgot, he'd still have had his glasses on.
Oh, good point. I actually hadn't thought about that aspect at all. But, yeah, with the wet hair, maybe he did look a little like Superman. But maybe the hair was more down against his face than smoothed back -- picture Clark in ATAI in the pouring rain.

I really see a lot of parallels between Anne and Gilbert's relationship and Lois and Clark's relationship -- but Lois didn't break any slates over Clark's head wink .

Anne of Green Gables through Anne of the Island are (by far) my favorites books I've ever read, and the movies are my favorite movies -- ones I can watch over, and over, and over again. And, I mean it when I say that I make people watch the Anne of Green Gables movies with me (and listen to the books on tape when I drive places).

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I am glad you liked it laugh .

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard