Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Supes1fan FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/27/04 08:13 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW............

I'm a gooey mess.. wink

Nice job Laura! clap

~Liz
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/27/04 08:40 PM
Really cool, Laura..

I believe now when you say you have a talent for WAFFYs...

Keep up!
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/27/04 11:53 PM
Beautiful! smile1
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/28/04 02:48 AM
Beautiful, Laura. smile You've really captured the emotional tension between the two.

And you're probably right about Gilbert.<g>

cc m
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/28/04 04:09 AM
Awwww! That was so sweet! thumbsup

I like your version of what Clark says much better than the original! And, of course, the kiss... Go, Clark! clap

Very nice story! Thanks, Laura.

- Vicki
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/28/04 05:47 AM
I didn't like the episode "Barbarians at the Planet'. It was too sad. Your version "Barbarians in the Rain' is much better, is more romantic, it has happy end and oh... how sweet! [Linked Image] I loved it!
[Linked Image]
Andreia
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/28/04 02:48 PM
Hi,

Cute story. hyper
Posted By: mmprincess Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/28/04 04:07 PM
This was a lovely reading. Nice work, Laura!
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/28/04 09:57 PM
I always tell anyone who watches the movie with me that if Gilbert had just wrapped his coat around Anne and kissed her senseless, she would have realized her true feelings for him.
I think you're right! goofy If Clark had just kissed her, we'd have seen what you've written here, instead of the way the episode had it.

For a few minutes there, when they both got rained on, and they started talking about Superman, I thought Lois had tumbled to Clark's secret-- what with the wet hair and all... But I forgot, he'd still have had his glasses on.

I'm glad you had Lois go after him, instead of letting him leave.

Nice job!! Feel like writing any more stories? goofy

~Toc
Posted By: dundan8 Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/29/04 03:14 AM
I too totally agree, and Anne of Green Gables is also one of my favourite movies. wink

Anyway, beautiful take on the episode, beatiful writing. Thumbs up! smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 10/29/04 02:40 PM
That was soooo sweet, and soooo cute! sloppy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: FDK==> Barbarians in the Rain - 11/04/04 08:46 PM
Oh sorry I took so long to respond! Thanks for your comments laugh . I am glad you enjoyed it. It was just a piece of waffy-gooeyness -- just the way I like my stories.

I believe now when you say you have a talent for WAFFYs...
I believe what I said was that I have no talent writing anything other than happy, waffy, kissy scenes. Any attempt at anything heavier, and my mind starts to go crazy. cat

For a few minutes there, when they both got rained on, and they started talking about Superman, I thought Lois had tumbled to Clark's secret-- what with the wet hair and all... But I forgot, he'd still have had his glasses on.
Oh, good point. I actually hadn't thought about that aspect at all. But, yeah, with the wet hair, maybe he did look a little like Superman. But maybe the hair was more down against his face than smoothed back -- picture Clark in ATAI in the pouring rain.

I really see a lot of parallels between Anne and Gilbert's relationship and Lois and Clark's relationship -- but Lois didn't break any slates over Clark's head wink .

Anne of Green Gables through Anne of the Island are (by far) my favorites books I've ever read, and the movies are my favorite movies -- ones I can watch over, and over, and over again. And, I mean it when I say that I make people watch the Anne of Green Gables movies with me (and listen to the books on tape when I drive places).

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I am glad you liked it laugh .

- Laura
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards