Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
There are also a few stories that use Lara for the daughter, most recently "Yes Virginia, there is a Superman".

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Jude:
Didn't Lois/Lucy call Clark/Desi, Clarkie, in the daydream fantasy episode. Can't remember the name , but the phrase, "Clarkie, I just wannna be part of the action," keeps popping into my head.

smile Jude

dance
Well, I am 90% sure she calls him Clarkie. In the script we have on this site the line is "Oh, Clark-ieee. Lemme 'splain why they 'sploded..." Since they often changed lines from the scripts we have (either further revisions, or just ad libbing or messing up lines) I can't be totally sure she calls him Clarkie, but I am pretty sure she does. Of course this makes it even more "I Love Lucy"-ish since "Clarkie" is so much like "Ricky".

This is the opening scene of "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape." I have to say I liked the "I Love Lucy" part better than the "James Bond" and "Dragnet" parts.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Originally posted by Jude:
[b] Didn't Lois/Lucy call Clark/Desi, Clarkie, in the daydream fantasy episode. Can't remember the name , but the phrase, "Clarkie, I just wannna be part of the action," keeps popping into my head.

smile Jude

dance
Well, I am 90% sure she calls him Clarkie. In the script we have on this site the line is "Oh, Clark-ieee. Lemme 'splain why they 'sploded..." Since they often changed lines from the scripts we have (either further revisions, or just ad libbing or messing up lines) I can't be totally sure she calls him Clarkie, but I am pretty sure she does. Of course this makes it even more "I Love Lucy"-ish since "Clarkie" is so much like "Ricky".

This is the opening scene of "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape." I have to say I liked the "I Love Lucy" part better than the "James Bond" and "Dragnet" parts. [/b]
From the script:

The phone RINGS shrilly. The wires POP from the clock.

LOIS
Uh-oh.

HYSTERICAL AUDIENCE. Jonathan and Martha BLOW UP in a comic "flashpot" explosion. Lois stands dazed and smoke-smudged. Superman wears that wild-eyed, eyebrows to the ceiling look Ricky made famous. As the smoke clears --

SUPERMAN
AY, CARAMBA! You 'sploded them.

LOIS
(patented Lucy whine)
Oh, Clark-ieee. Lemme 'splain why they 'sploded...

The phone continues to RING!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In StopQuitDont's story Purgatory the boy is called Clark Kent Junior.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Merriwether
Merriwether
Virginia wrote:
I've never seen a fic where an alt-Clark (any version) has been called CJ. This is a new concept (to me).
Oh, Virginia, then you are in for a treat because you've missed one of the best series in the archive, Chris Carr's "An Extraordinary Man" and "An Extraordinary Man: Part Two -- Trials and Triumphs." smile

An Extraordinary Man

An Extraordinary Man 2

Absolutely awesome series! (Kerth nominees both, including a Best Overall Kerth nom for EM2. smile )

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KathyB:
Virginia wrote:
I've never seen a fic where an alt-Clark (any version) has been called CJ. This is a new concept (to me).
Oh, Virginia, then you are in for a treat because you've missed one of the best series in the archive, Chris Carr's "An Extraordinary Man" and "An Extraordinary Man: Part Two -- Trials and Triumphs." smile

An Extraordinary Man

An Extraordinary Man 2

Absolutely awesome series! (Kerth nominees both, including a Best Overall Kerth nom for EM2. smile )

Kathy
Thank you for the recommendations. I've added them to my must-read list.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Since we're on the topic, I thought some of you might find this interesting, even if it's old (from January 19, 2000, to be exact!)

-----

I love "next generation" fanfics. . . you know, those fics about L&C's future kids? So, for fun. . . or maybe just because I am insane. . . I decided to go through all 1,200* of those fanfics on the Archive and seek out the "next generation" fanfics. It only took 4 days. It was a rewarding experience. . . one that I will never do again!

*All in all (and I may be off by a few numbers here but I am pretty sure all my statistics are pretty darn accurate), there are just over 100 "next generation" (NG) fanfics.

*Since many of those fanfics are part of NG series (for example, some authors have written 2, 3, 4 or more stories using the same characters), I also counted just how many NG series there were. Any fanfic that was not part of a series was counted as one NG. And each series, no matter how many fanfics it contained (as long as each story in the series was about the same characters), was also counted as one NG. The total: 85 NGs.

*Next I decided to count the individual number of children. I counted every named child, and never the same kid twice. There are roughly 150 children total.

*The average number of kids that Lois and Clark have in NGs is 1.76.

*The highest number of kids that L&C have is 5, in the fanfic "The Eyes Show It All."

MOST POPULAR NAMES FOR L&C'S KIDS. . .

BOYS: There are 12 different "C.J."/"Clark Jrs." and 12 different "Jon"/"Jonathans" in fanfic land. "Jordan" was also popular, with a score of 10. Other somewhat popular names included "Sam" or "Sammy," "Joel," "Perry," "Josh," "Christopher," "Matthew," "Michael/Mikey," "Andrew," and "Kyle."

GIRLS: The most popular name for girls was "Laura," with five. Here's some other names that showed up quite a bit. . .

Lara-3
Katy/Kat/Cat/Catie-6 total, with different spellings.
Claire/Clare/Clara--4 total, with different spellings.
Marty-3
Lane/Lanie/Laney-3 total, with different spellings.
And here's a tounge twister. . . There was also a Callie, a Hallie, a Kallie, a Kayley, a Kaylie, and a Kelly.
And partridge in a pear tree.

MOST POPULAR MIDDLE NAME (Most kids' middle names weren't mentioned):

1st PLACE--Jerome--since most of the "C.J"s stood for "Clark Jerome"
2nd PLACE--Elaine/Ellen/Elayne/Elena--a bunch of these, with many different spellings
3rd PLACE--Samuel
4th PLACE--(tie) Elizabeth and Lara

-----

*Not bad that we've tripled the number of archived stories in the last 13 years, eh?

Molly
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Then there was one fic where Clark and Lois had a son named Lane. Of course, the situation was way more complexed than that, but that was his name and those were his parents.

John Pack Lambert
Merriwether
Merriwether
Molly, that's a great post. Definitely a fun "blast from the past." laugh Are you the OP on those stats or did someone else do the searching? Isn't it awesome that this fandom is still adding to the archive, even after all these years? Warms my "Editor in Chief" heart. sloppy

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, I did that. I was really into next-gen fics back then! (Obviously.) smile

Molly
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard