Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Over on the Witness discussion thread, John brought up an excellent point:

Reading through some of the fan fics based on this I came up with a question. Has anyone ever explored what would have happened if Finn had disguised himself as Clark Kent. At some level I always wonder why he didn't.

I was going to say because he is not a good enough actor to convince Lois he realy is Clark, but that does not make sense. He killed Winneger in the disguise of Dr. Hubert, who is a close associate, so that does not seem to be the issue.
Has anyone ever written a fanfic where this happens? shock I figure Mr. MakeUp would only have to convince Lois for a few seconds, like he did with her landlord, for it to work.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Somehow I don't think even Mr. Makeup could convincingly duplicate Clark's look, even if he had all the makeup in the world at his disposal. Clark's just too perfectly adorable. Mr. M would never even get close!

Molly
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! An interesting twist. I don't know of anything like this, but I wholly support someone writing something about this. It seems to have a delicious potential for evil. evil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like this. Have Mr. Makeup as Clark meet up with Superman, and S-Man is the only one who is confused! Could be a great story.

Pat

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I like this. Have Mr. Makeup as Clark meet up with Superman, and S-Man is the only one who is confused! Could be a great story.
notworthy Great idea, Pat!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
The biggest issue I had with Mr. Makeup was that he was able to change his body type/height etc.

Even Lex, in I Now Pronounce You, was disguised as a man who was much thinner and taller than he was. Do they wrap themselves in clingwrap or wear six pairs of spanx?

How did Mr. Makeup make himself shorter that Joey from Full House to play the tiny bald doctor?

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:

Pat
Oh, Superman would simply declare that "Clark" isn't really Clark. If asked how he knows, he could just say that he can tell people apart by their heart beats.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
The biggest issue I had with Mr. Makeup was that he was able to change his body type/height etc.

Even Lex, in I Now Pronounce You, was disguised as a man who was much thinner and taller than he was. Do they wrap themselves in clingwrap or wear six pairs of spanx?

How did Mr. Makeup make himself shorter that Joey from Full House to play the tiny bald doctor?
I have to agree 100% with this. It always bothered me too. Did he have some sort of body stretching/compacting device to help him pull off the impossible? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:

Good points! The one that always drove me nuts was when Tim Lake (in DTOSC) was disguised as Bad Brain on that videotape. Their body types were SO DIFFERENT! dizzy

And oh gosh, I'd forgotten until this moment that they used the "Make-Up Genius" plot twice, first in Witness then in Chip Off The Old Clark.

It's official, there needs to be a fanfic.

Molly
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
And oh gosh, I'd forgotten until this moment that they used the "Make-Up Genius" plot twice, first in Witness then in Chip Off The Old Clark.

Actually, I had always thought it was the SAME Mr. Make-Up, but that he had escaped from prison somehow. Did they ever explain this? huh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
[b] And oh gosh, I'd forgotten until this moment that they used the "Make-Up Genius" plot twice, first in Witness then in Chip Off The Old Clark.

Actually, I had always thought it was the SAME Mr. Make-Up, but that he had escaped from prison somehow. Did they ever explain this? huh [/b]
One was called Mr. Makeup and the other was called Anonymous.

.talk nerdy to me.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Had a thought...Mr. Makeup or Anonymous could've caused some havoc in Luthor Enterprises while Lex was undead and his assets weren't under tight control.

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
I always thought the alien shape-shifter was more fun than the makeup guys. I don't remember if it's the end of the third season or the beginning of the fourth, but it was Roger Daltrey who played the shape shifter (and also K Callan and Eddie Jones <g>). That covers the whole 'dissimilar body type' hangup. What if that guy had shown up as Lois in his attempt at killing Clark? Or Perry? Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth? How would she react if a pseudo-Clark (or Superman) was using her to get to Kal-El?

It brings to mind an awesome episode from the X-Files, where the alien bounty hunter assumed Mulder's form to get Scully to tell him where the real Mulder is. When that fails, he uses Scully to lure Mulder out of hiding.

There's just something about the dissonance of having a person you know so well turn out to be someone else in disguise. For someone like Lois, who already has trust issues, that would really mess with her mind. (Then again, she seemed to get over the Superman clone's attack on her in 'Vatman' pretty fast.)

Or maybe I'm just twisted that way. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
As if I'm not confused enough. You guys are scaring me.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sue S.:
I always thought the alien shape-shifter was more fun than the makeup guys. I don't remember if it's the end of the third season or the beginning of the fourth, but it was Roger Daltrey who played the shape shifter (and also K Callan and Eddie Jones <g>). That covers the whole 'dissimilar body type' hangup. What if that guy had shown up as Lois in his attempt at killing Clark? Or Perry? Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth? How would she react if a pseudo-Clark (or Superman) was using her to get to Kal-El?

It brings to mind an awesome episode from the X-Files, where the alien bounty hunter assumed Mulder's form to get Scully to tell him where the real Mulder is. When that fails, he uses Scully to lure Mulder out of hiding.

There's just something about the dissonance of having a person you know so well turn out to be someone else in disguise. For someone like Lois, who already has trust issues, that would really mess with her mind. (Then again, she seemed to get over the Superman clone's attack on her in 'Vatman' pretty fast.)

Or maybe I'm just twisted that way. laugh
Oh, you mean Tez, the alien assassin guy. He was in the last episode of Season 3 - Big Girls Don't Fly.

But yeah, I *do* see lots of potiential if he'd been introduced at am earlier time.

<rubs hands together in a gleeful, evil overlord sort of way>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What if that guy had shown up as Lois in his attempt at killing Clark?
I thought he had? /goes checking/ No, you're right. Tez only *confronted* Lois. My bad.

Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth?
/shuffles feet and raises hand/

But yeah, I *do* see lots of potiential if he'd been introduced at am earlier time.

<rubs hands together in a gleeful, evil overlord sort of way>
I'm terribly sorry, but I can't help posting story references when they're apt. The Wedding Crashers by yours truly. Are there more stories out there? hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Ooo, Michael! Do tell! I love it when something shiny and fun drops from the sky! clap

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
SUE: Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth?

MICHAEL: /shuffles feet and raises hand/

SUE: Ooo, Michael! Do tell! I love it when something shiny and fun drops from the sky!
Umm... that also referred to the response to DC's quote. Only one story, sorry blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard