Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/04/12 01:14 PM
Over on the Witness discussion thread, John brought up an excellent point:

Reading through some of the fan fics based on this I came up with a question. Has anyone ever explored what would have happened if Finn had disguised himself as Clark Kent. At some level I always wonder why he didn't.

I was going to say because he is not a good enough actor to convince Lois he realy is Clark, but that does not make sense. He killed Winneger in the disguise of Dr. Hubert, who is a close associate, so that does not seem to be the issue.
Has anyone ever written a fanfic where this happens? shock I figure Mr. MakeUp would only have to convince Lois for a few seconds, like he did with her landlord, for it to work.
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/18/12 01:16 AM
Somehow I don't think even Mr. Makeup could convincingly duplicate Clark's look, even if he had all the makeup in the world at his disposal. Clark's just too perfectly adorable. Mr. M would never even get close!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/18/12 03:02 AM
Ooh! An interesting twist. I don't know of anything like this, but I wholly support someone writing something about this. It seems to have a delicious potential for evil. evil
Posted By: angelsgmaw Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/18/12 07:59 AM
I like this. Have Mr. Makeup as Clark meet up with Superman, and S-Man is the only one who is confused! Could be a great story.

Pat
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/18/12 12:07 PM
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I like this. Have Mr. Makeup as Clark meet up with Superman, and S-Man is the only one who is confused! Could be a great story.
notworthy Great idea, Pat!
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/19/12 12:49 AM
The biggest issue I had with Mr. Makeup was that he was able to change his body type/height etc.

Even Lex, in I Now Pronounce You, was disguised as a man who was much thinner and taller than he was. Do they wrap themselves in clingwrap or wear six pairs of spanx?

How did Mr. Makeup make himself shorter that Joey from Full House to play the tiny bald doctor?
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/19/12 08:15 AM
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:

Pat
Oh, Superman would simply declare that "Clark" isn't really Clark. If asked how he knows, he could just say that he can tell people apart by their heart beats.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/19/12 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
The biggest issue I had with Mr. Makeup was that he was able to change his body type/height etc.

Even Lex, in I Now Pronounce You, was disguised as a man who was much thinner and taller than he was. Do they wrap themselves in clingwrap or wear six pairs of spanx?

How did Mr. Makeup make himself shorter that Joey from Full House to play the tiny bald doctor?
I have to agree 100% with this. It always bothered me too. Did he have some sort of body stretching/compacting device to help him pull off the impossible? wink
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 12:38 AM
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:

Good points! The one that always drove me nuts was when Tim Lake (in DTOSC) was disguised as Bad Brain on that videotape. Their body types were SO DIFFERENT! dizzy

And oh gosh, I'd forgotten until this moment that they used the "Make-Up Genius" plot twice, first in Witness then in Chip Off The Old Clark.

It's official, there needs to be a fanfic.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 12:55 AM
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
And oh gosh, I'd forgotten until this moment that they used the "Make-Up Genius" plot twice, first in Witness then in Chip Off The Old Clark.

Actually, I had always thought it was the SAME Mr. Make-Up, but that he had escaped from prison somehow. Did they ever explain this? huh
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 01:00 AM
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
[b] And oh gosh, I'd forgotten until this moment that they used the "Make-Up Genius" plot twice, first in Witness then in Chip Off The Old Clark.

Actually, I had always thought it was the SAME Mr. Make-Up, but that he had escaped from prison somehow. Did they ever explain this? huh [/b]
One was called Mr. Makeup and the other was called Anonymous.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 09:13 AM
Had a thought...Mr. Makeup or Anonymous could've caused some havoc in Luthor Enterprises while Lex was undead and his assets weren't under tight control.
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 10:35 AM
I always thought the alien shape-shifter was more fun than the makeup guys. I don't remember if it's the end of the third season or the beginning of the fourth, but it was Roger Daltrey who played the shape shifter (and also K Callan and Eddie Jones <g>). That covers the whole 'dissimilar body type' hangup. What if that guy had shown up as Lois in his attempt at killing Clark? Or Perry? Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth? How would she react if a pseudo-Clark (or Superman) was using her to get to Kal-El?

It brings to mind an awesome episode from the X-Files, where the alien bounty hunter assumed Mulder's form to get Scully to tell him where the real Mulder is. When that fails, he uses Scully to lure Mulder out of hiding.

There's just something about the dissonance of having a person you know so well turn out to be someone else in disguise. For someone like Lois, who already has trust issues, that would really mess with her mind. (Then again, she seemed to get over the Superman clone's attack on her in 'Vatman' pretty fast.)

Or maybe I'm just twisted that way. laugh
Posted By: SJH Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 11:01 AM
As if I'm not confused enough. You guys are scaring me.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Sue S.:
I always thought the alien shape-shifter was more fun than the makeup guys. I don't remember if it's the end of the third season or the beginning of the fourth, but it was Roger Daltrey who played the shape shifter (and also K Callan and Eddie Jones <g>). That covers the whole 'dissimilar body type' hangup. What if that guy had shown up as Lois in his attempt at killing Clark? Or Perry? Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth? How would she react if a pseudo-Clark (or Superman) was using her to get to Kal-El?

It brings to mind an awesome episode from the X-Files, where the alien bounty hunter assumed Mulder's form to get Scully to tell him where the real Mulder is. When that fails, he uses Scully to lure Mulder out of hiding.

There's just something about the dissonance of having a person you know so well turn out to be someone else in disguise. For someone like Lois, who already has trust issues, that would really mess with her mind. (Then again, she seemed to get over the Superman clone's attack on her in 'Vatman' pretty fast.)

Or maybe I'm just twisted that way. laugh
Oh, you mean Tez, the alien assassin guy. He was in the last episode of Season 3 - Big Girls Don't Fly.

But yeah, I *do* see lots of potiential if he'd been introduced at am earlier time.

<rubs hands together in a gleeful, evil overlord sort of way>
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 12:00 PM
What if that guy had shown up as Lois in his attempt at killing Clark?
I thought he had? /goes checking/ No, you're right. Tez only *confronted* Lois. My bad.

Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth?
/shuffles feet and raises hand/

But yeah, I *do* see lots of potiential if he'd been introduced at am earlier time.

<rubs hands together in a gleeful, evil overlord sort of way>
I'm terribly sorry, but I can't help posting story references when they're apt. The Wedding Crashers by yours truly. Are there more stories out there? hyper

wave Michael
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/20/12 04:52 PM
Ooo, Michael! Do tell! I love it when something shiny and fun drops from the sky! clap
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Mr. MakeUp Disguised as Clark - 08/21/12 04:44 AM
SUE: Or what if the whole New Krypton arc had taken place a year earlier before Lois knew the truth?

MICHAEL: /shuffles feet and raises hand/

SUE: Ooo, Michael! Do tell! I love it when something shiny and fun drops from the sky!
Umm... that also referred to the response to DC's quote. Only one story, sorry blush

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards