Print Thread
#16798 10/27/04 02:42 AM
avia Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Dundan,
First of all, welcome to the boards. smile

I tried reading your first post and only managed to get through a few paragraphs before I gave up.

This, in no way, reflects on your ideas or talent but has more to do with presentation style. wink

I’d suggest checking the MBs FAQ for clarifications on how to best post your story.

I would love to give this another try if you’d be willing to make it a little easier by dividing the story into paragraphs etc.

Best of luck and whatever you do, keep writing!

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
#16799 10/27/04 05:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Dundan,

I found your story a bit hard to read, too, mostly because of the lack of spaces between paragraphs. So, I copied the story onto a word processor and added my own spaces.

After spacing the paragraphs, I was able to read what you have so far. Very intriguing start!

This was quite humorous. Clark, sans superpowers, finds the newsroom more sedate, puts on too much cologne laugh , gets wet feet (literally!), orders sushi because he actually feels hungry, then decides to see what it feels like to get drunk! rotflol

You have a very promising beginning, but I do recommend you find a beta reader to help you with the spelling, grammar, etc. That will make it much easier to read.

Cute story! So, just what *did* happen to take away Clark's powers? Keep writing!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#16800 10/27/04 08:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Dundan! [Linked Image]

Welcome to the fanfics! It's great to have new writers! [Linked Image]

Good start! I'm liking your story so much! There are too many mysteries... [Linked Image] Why does Clark is powerless and doesn't remember the night before? If he tell to Lois, maybe she can help him. [Linked Image] Humm... let's wait and see!
Clark drunk and in love was funny! [Linked Image] Will he let slip he's Superman? What will he make when he wake up? Will he keep on saying to Lois he loves her? [Linked Image] I hope yes!

Go ahead! I'm looking forward for the next part! [Linked Image]

~Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#16801 10/27/04 11:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome smile

You're all right, I didn't think much about the formatting and how it would look best on a bulletin board. I redid it and I hope now it will look a little more readable. If I have time tonight and feel up to it, I'm planning on writing out part 2. Thanks for all the encouragements.

Hmm, well for one, there's nothing a good spellchecker ain't gonna fix wink

avia: Hello and I apologize. lol I've redone it a bit and did a load of spelling corrections, I won't be posting hot off the press drafts. lol

Vicki: Hello and thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you found the humour. smile Yes, it's all coming. (evil grin)

LaneKent: Hi there smile I'm glad you liked it and again I apologize you had to read through that, it seems it gave most people a headache. lol
Allright. smile

So, updated Duality (Part 1).. continuing...

#16802 10/27/04 12:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting start. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#16803 10/27/04 12:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute Start. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#16804 10/27/04 03:24 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
mariadferdez: Heya smile

Well, can't really answer the first question yet. smile

I always thought of Perry White as someone who only interfered in more serious situations and something as just being late for work was not up for a discussion, but would more annoy his co-workers. wink

Well, Clark had paid for a round of drinks for everyone at the bar earlier, so he would be bound not to have any money. lol

PS, I updated the story version a little. smile

Laurach: Hello. smile

#16805 10/27/04 07:26 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Welcome to the Nuthouse wink

Post next part soon!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#16806 10/27/04 09:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
daneel: Heya bud. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard