Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167323 02/19/12 12:19 PM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
A number of fics talk about a fertility statue in Clark's apartment. I've even referred to it on occasion. Question: is the statue a product of fanfic or is it cannon? If it was on the show, what do we know about it?

Thanks,

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think you may be talking about the statue seen a few times in Clark's apartment. AFAIR, it was something that a FoLC made and sent in and it was used in the show.

I think it used to sit on a table in Clark's living room.

ETA: You got me curious, so I went searching and found this on an old listserv page in which Zoomway talks about the group visit to the LNC set many years ago:

Clark's apartment set was rather claustrophobic compared to the news room set, which was quite roomy wink It was also kind of dark in there because none of the set lights were on. When we got to meet Dean and he was given a little statue from a fan who had lived in Borneo and was told that Clark should have a memento from his trip to Borneo, Dean promised he would make sure the statue got put in Clark's apartment. He was as good as his word. The statue can be seen in the episode Don't Tug on Superman's Cape (among others) when that little helicopter is zapping things in Clark's apartment. The earthenware pot that gets blown up on the shelf is right next to the statue from Borneo. I like to think they did that shot on purpose just to let fans know the statue was there. Of course we'd have been crushed if the statue got blown up <g>

A side note on the statue. It was a little warrior carrying a removable sword. However, when Dean was handed the statue, he was kidded that it was a fertility god.
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, Labby. Very interesting - and helpful.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Cool info and lovely story. Dean is awesome for ensuring that the statue made air time.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard