Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MLT Clark's fertility statue - 02/19/12 04:19 PM
A number of fics talk about a fertility statue in Clark's apartment. I've even referred to it on occasion. Question: is the statue a product of fanfic or is it cannon? If it was on the show, what do we know about it?

Thanks,

ML wave
Posted By: LabRat Re: Clark's fertility statue - 02/19/12 05:00 PM
I think you may be talking about the statue seen a few times in Clark's apartment. AFAIR, it was something that a FoLC made and sent in and it was used in the show.

I think it used to sit on a table in Clark's living room.

ETA: You got me curious, so I went searching and found this on an old listserv page in which Zoomway talks about the group visit to the LNC set many years ago:

Clark's apartment set was rather claustrophobic compared to the news room set, which was quite roomy wink It was also kind of dark in there because none of the set lights were on. When we got to meet Dean and he was given a little statue from a fan who had lived in Borneo and was told that Clark should have a memento from his trip to Borneo, Dean promised he would make sure the statue got put in Clark's apartment. He was as good as his word. The statue can be seen in the episode Don't Tug on Superman's Cape (among others) when that little helicopter is zapping things in Clark's apartment. The earthenware pot that gets blown up on the shelf is right next to the statue from Borneo. I like to think they did that shot on purpose just to let fans know the statue was there. Of course we'd have been crushed if the statue got blown up <g>

A side note on the statue. It was a little warrior carrying a removable sword. However, when Dean was handed the statue, he was kidded that it was a fertility god.
LabRat smile
Posted By: MLT Re: Clark's fertility statue - 02/19/12 08:38 PM
Thanks, Labby. Very interesting - and helpful.

ML wave
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Clark's fertility statue - 02/19/12 08:40 PM
Oooh! Cool info and lovely story. Dean is awesome for ensuring that the statue made air time.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards