Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oooo, Wendy! A new story. With such an intriguing start!!

So, Lois is married to Lex. Clark is a beach bum. Although I'm guessing not so much of a bum as a drifter? But since these two are destined for each other, they are destined to meet despite their desparate backgrounds.

I especially loved how well you've captured the frustrations of being a struggling writer <g>. It provided an immediate connection between these two. How come I have a feeling Lois is oh-so-wrong in her prediction that she will never see the handsome stranger again? The mystery is, how did he end up on her beach in the first place? Chance? Luck? Good planning? Fate?

I'm really looking foward to seeing how this unfolds - wonderful start. smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, Wendy, what a great and truly evil start. Yes, I mean it, evil. First off,

Married to the third-richest man in the world.
AAAUUUUGGGGHHH! No! Say it ain't so! But why? Why would she marry him?

"Nice to meet you, Lois. I'm Clark."
Ah, of course! She didn't know her options! Now it makes sense. Poor Lois...

And then, of course, she comes to her senses, and then Clark leaves. Come back, Clark, come back! Show her what she should do now that she's faced the truth! Come Baaaaaaaack!

And Wendy, come back with the next part! You can't leave us like this! laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
he showed her in so many ways, including his lovemaking. He had turned out to be a considerate, courteous lover.
Ewww. I think everyone agrees. laugh

on this stretch of the north-eastern shore of Lake Superior.
Yay, Canada. wink You already know what I think about that. laugh

"Hi, Clark." She smiled back. "Your accent's American, not Canadian. Mid-west?"
That too. I don't find the accent around here very different. And I've lived here longer than you. laugh

He was gone. And she knew that she would never see him again.
We know it's probably not true, but still. mecry

I'm really anxious to see where this goes! Poor Lois. frown Poor Clark. frown

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! This one's definitely new. I can't wait to see how this one unravels. Post again soon.

Kerth
Kerth
Oh! eek

What a surprise.... hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Yay, Wendy! You posted!!!

/me cheers, but then realizes it makes it hard to read. <g>

I love this start. As Lynn said, the frustration Lois felt with her writing was *so* easy to relate to! And, yay! Lois realizes that she doesn't love Lex and only married him because the Planet blew up! Now, smart investigator girl, get that brain in gear and think about the oh-so-convenient *timing* of that explosion, why don't you? <g>

Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Whoohoo!!! Yay!! Another Wendy fic! And it's a short one too...shucks...can't blame her for not getting any homework done. wink

Yet she was the last person in the world who had a right to be dissatisfied with her life. She had it all. Married to the third-richest man in the world.
If I *hadn't* known this was coming...this would have been my reaction:

drool

"Ah. You need distracting, then. To take your mind off it. And then, later... who knows?" He grinned at her. "Come back to it fresh and the words will flow like water."
Is it just me, or is everyone else feeling the electrical tension in this convo? <g>

"It's only that you have a laptop. And the way you glared at the screen just now... well, it reminded me of myself when I get blocked. It's frustrating."
LOL! Open mouth, insert foot, Lois. <g>

But she didn't want them to go off, she realised. This man, whoever he was, was *nice*. Friendly. Easy to talk to. Sympathetic. And good company.
*happy sigh*

Not that it would have made any difference at all, she reminded herself. A few months ago she was engaged to Lex. She would never have been in a situation where she and Clark would have met.
Ack!!! /me throws another two cents in the jar...no...better make that two bucks <g>

"You did?" His expression was excited, envious. "What did you do? Oh, wait," he added, now sounding embarrassed. "What a faux pas! You write... your name's Lois... you're Lois Lane!"
Awww!!!! Clark's so cute!!!

"Wow! I know this sounds really gauche, but you're my hero!
Awww!!!! Clark's so cute!!! Wait...already said that...uh...oh who cares?! He's cute!! <g>

Lois felt again the pang of resentment at the abrupt ending of her career as a reporter.
Awwww!! frown

But before she could say a word, he clapped his hand to his forehead. "You must think I'm an idiot," he said, now sounding embarrassed.
Can I say he's cute again? Okay...I'll say adorable instead. Can I keep him?! Please...Lois is married anyways...<bg>

She would have married Lex because she loved him. But in the end, it had almost been as if she'd married him because her preferred choice no longer existed.
/me throws one cent in the jar (she's already most of the way there on this one <g>)

"Good luck with your novel. And it was really nice meeting you."
Okay...now he's a lunkhead...a very gentlemanly lunkhead...but I want to hit him! razz

He was gone. And she knew that she would never see him again.
ACK!!! No, no, no!! He didn't really leave did he?! frown So what if you can't see him anymore? Just yell for him....he's got *really* good hearing. <g> Clark! Come back!!

Okay...don't blame me, I did this at 3 in the morning. laugh I'm continually amazed by your writing, Wendy! You have the power to draw the reader completely into the story (well...okay...not *completely* otherwise I might have interfered a litte <bg>). And you capture the characters *so* well, no matter what situation you put them in, I always find myself thinking: That's *exactly* how they would act if that happened! Okay, actually, I'm more likely to be screaming at the computer or sighing or sobbing or something of the sort, but that just tells you how well you've drawn me in. wink Can't wait to see the rest of this, Wendy!!!

Sara (who might be thouroughly embarassed in IRC tomorrow after all the gushing...but...eh...who cares <bg>)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
This is a great start. I like all the background details that you've inserted into this part. I’m particularly fond of the new take of Lois and Lex’s relationship.

So, what’s the posting schedule and will you be posting the rest of the trilogy when this story is done?

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Well, everyone's gone nuts about the intriguing set-up, so I'll go nuts about the atmosphere. Don't you just love the breezy, idyll-like ambience Wendy's managed to imbue this story with? You can really smell the fresh air, see the lake and the trees and the big sunny blue sky. A chance encounter on a beach that leads to a chat between strangers - great stuff, Wendy. thumbsup

Yvonne

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This story sound wonderfully interesting so far, looking forward to the next bit!

TEEEEEEEJ

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Oh wow, that's a promising beginning. help Good thing Clark showed up. I suppose his presence will disturb the peace. laugh laugh laugh

Looking forward to more,

~Julia wave

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
This is great! clap clap clap
Wendy always manages to surprise us with her set-ups! Only Lois (however without her dream-job and instead with an unhappy marriage) is able to meet a Clark-guy on the beach of a lake! I mean, I tried to stay on a park-bench near the Puccini's lake, where he composed the "Madame Butterfly", in the summer evening, when the pink clouds reflet themselves on the lake'waters: no Clark-looking guy appeared from nowhere! Do you think it's because the sad memory of the poor Cio Cio San? wink
Seriously; however handsome, nice, friendly (and so on) Clark may be, Lois must be very unhappy and confused with her marriage: Lex seems to her devoted and in love, her sex life is nice (okay, it's rather poor, but she was not forced by her husband like we have read in some stories), she can have anything and do anything; but it's enough few minutes with Clark and she understands she doesn't love Lex and she shouldn't have married him! I'm wondering what's going to happen when she descovers her husband be an evil villain! We have to hope that Clark will be there for her again!
Looking forward to the new instalment,

Simona smile

Edit post:
I'm realizing I took for granted that Lex is the usual evil man and murderer: what's going to happen if he's not? Will that be more difficult for Lois to accept she made the wrong thing marring Luthor or not?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay Wendy!

I must admit to feeling a little bit uncomfortable with the 'nice Lex' persona. I'm starting to think that it's a side effect from FoLC membership to never want L&C to play nicely with other kids. wink

But then again, there is still the issue about the explosion that *encouraged* Lois to get married...

Broad shoulders, a strong chin, straight nose, hair flopping over his forehead.
Not bad for a bum in a scraggly shirt, eh?

I'm excited to see where this one goes! Do we get inside Clark's head?

~sunkist
p.s. ditto Avia with the trilogy comment

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I wonder if Clark lives near by and was taking a walk.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice start Wendy. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Wendy, I found the opening paragraph beautifully written both geographically and in mood.

I see Lois's marriage to Lex a little differently than others do here. I think that Lois believes that she's happy with Lex. In the beginning, she isn't happy with her life. She doesn't pin her unhappiness on Lex.

Only after she meets Clark does she realize that the reason for her unhappiness isn't that she's married the wrong man, but that she's left her career behind and she misses it more than she ever expected.

I like the idea of that being the reason for her unhappiness rather than "a man"--well, a super man--but a man nonetheless. Maybe being with Clark allows her to live the life that she would choose for herself.

Now I have to read the rest to find out how it all resolves itself.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just bet some of you (like me) wouldn't be so grossed out by Lois and Lex's "lovemakring" if it was MR of Smallville fame playing Lex instead of John Shea....HUH??

Anyway, great premise....is there a Superman? Of course not, because Lois has to suggest the idea. Think about it...why WOULD Clark ever settle down if he doesn't need to eat, doesn't really need an apartment because he doesn't really need to sleep, so he doesn't really need money. He doesn't need a car to get around...no car pmts necessary!

He can get a good home-cooked meal at Ma's any time.

So this is where our Clark is.....drifting around aimlessly following his dream of writing "that" novel.

Lois....marrying for obviously the wrong reasons.

And you're gonna conclude this in 3 more parts? Nah, I smell a .........SEQUEL!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A superb start! smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow! What a beginning! What a premise!
I'm VERY curious to find out what is to happen next!

i.e. Next part, pretty please?
thumbsup clap

Sira

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by skfolc:
Okay...now he's a lunkhead...a very gentlemanly lunkhead...but I want to hit him!
But really, what should and could Clark do? He meets a lady, she turns to be his idol, he openly admires her work as a journalist, they hava a common deam to write a novel - and then he realizes she is married.

I believe this means he is attrached - and he realizes it's too dangerous to stay.

As for Lois, she is rather too nice to be her - is she so bored and lonely? And why is she not a bit guarded against a journalist - because she wants to disobey Lex's warnings?

Gabriele
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard