Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi, Can someone please tell me how to use the fanfic database using google docs? I can get to the database itself but can't seem to enter any text for a search. The bold word 'keywords' seems like the obvious choice but is not clickable. Any ideas?

As I'm here bugging you anyway can I have recommendations for fics where lois and clark or either one of them have a child somehow.

I have read:

Anybody's baby
duet
the way things are and the sequel

I really want to read more like this. I don't like stories where lois sleeps with superman and the whole plot is about her confusion when she gets pregnant, unless the revelation is dealt with fairly early on.

Anything else is fair game, let me at em!

Thanks.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My suggestion: Above Alt Else by SunRei. Great story! thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Frustrated. wave

I have a hard time using the database too, which is part of my motivation for working on the FoLCdom Wiki (still in its infancy). Hopefully, when it's gotten enough love, it'll be a great, searchable companion to the archive. (Volunteers needed and welcome, see this thread for slightly more detail )

[/Plugging]

As for fanfic recs, Stony Ways by Bakasi seems to fit the bill pretty well. smile

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
While the Google sheet is handy to have online, the data is probably most helpful if you download it for use in Excel or OpenOffice Calc (a free Excel workalike, part of a larger free office suite). But you can do some searching in Google Docs as well.

Even though Google Docs' Edit menu is grayed out, you can still call up the Find option by pressing CTRL-F in your browser. (That is, holding down the Control key while tapping the letter F. On a Mac, you may have to hold down the Option key instead of Control.)

Think of a promising search term -- pregnancy, for example, or just "pregnan" to cover all forms of the word -- and type it in the dialog's Find field, then click the Find button. You will jump to each occurrence of the word. Pregnancy is one of our theme keywords, so searching on it will lead you to every story that has been tagged with that theme.

The sheet is wide, so depending on your monitor's resolution, you may have to scroll to the left to see the story's title, then go a little more to the left to click the URL to jump directly to the story.

Hope that helps!

Coincidentally LabRat sent me the updated sheet just a few days ago, and I'm almost ready to post it. That'll bring us up to date, give or take a couple of weeks. When it's posted I'll put a note on the archive's home page and send out a tweet.

Happy searching,

Lauren

Top Banana
Top Banana
These have a variety of tones and styles, so I won't guarantee that all of them will be to your taste. Some involve mostly the pregnancy (as opposed to after the baby is born), some involve babies, and some involve older children. Hopefully you'll be able to tell from the story description whether it's something you'd enjoy.

Coming of Age by Stopquitdont

Rest and Reproduction by Meredith Knight

Falling Slowly by CarolM

Family Hour by Shayne Terry

Ad Astra Per Aspera by Becky Bain

Standing on the Edge / All Alone / Good Morning Beautiful by AnnieM

A Special Child by Pam Jernigan

Cause and Effect by ML Thompson

Hope that helps,

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi guys, sorry I haven't replied to any threads, alerts not activated. I will be investigating all story recs so thanks Ultra Woman, Queen and Happy Girl. Lauren, thanks for pointing out a solution I literally went "oh how silly' when I read it as I use that feature all the time if I have to leave a long fanfic part way through. blush Hopefully this will help Queen of the Capes as well.

Thanks again, any and all stories recs still welcome smile1

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard