While the Google sheet is handy to have online, the data is probably most helpful if you download it for use in Excel or OpenOffice Calc (a free Excel workalike, part of a larger free office suite). But you can do some searching in Google Docs as well.

Even though Google Docs' Edit menu is grayed out, you can still call up the Find option by pressing CTRL-F in your browser. (That is, holding down the Control key while tapping the letter F. On a Mac, you may have to hold down the Option key instead of Control.)

Think of a promising search term -- pregnancy, for example, or just "pregnan" to cover all forms of the word -- and type it in the dialog's Find field, then click the Find button. You will jump to each occurrence of the word. Pregnancy is one of our theme keywords, so searching on it will lead you to every story that has been tagged with that theme.

The sheet is wide, so depending on your monitor's resolution, you may have to scroll to the left to see the story's title, then go a little more to the left to click the URL to jump directly to the story.

Hope that helps!

Coincidentally LabRat sent me the updated sheet just a few days ago, and I'm almost ready to post it. That'll bring us up to date, give or take a couple of weeks. When it's posted I'll put a note on the archive's home page and send out a tweet.

Happy searching,

Lauren