Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b] Ooh, games! I don't know how we missed this one but... Six degrees of separation (or "six degrees of Kevin Bacon," whichever title you'd prefer). You name an actor (not necessarily Kevin Bacon) and then you have to connect that actor to another one by people he(or she) has starred in a movie with in less than six connections. For example, if I wanted to connect, say, Mark Hamill to Owen Wilson, by random luck of the draw...

1. Mark Hamill
2. James Earl Jones
3. Jeremy Irons
4. Steve Martin
5. Eddie Murphey
6. Owen Wilson

Bonus points to anyone who can successfully explain how I connected them all! laugh
Mark Hamill played in Star Wars with James Earl Jones, who played in The Magic 7 with Jeremy Irons, who played in The Pink Panther 2 with Steve Martin, who played in Bowfinger with Eddie Murphy, who played in I Spy with Owen Wilson

(god I love IMDB - I couldn't get past the James Earl Jones and Jeremy Irons connection in The Lion King) [/b]
thumbsup Love all those movies- came up with Owen Wilson because I just rewatched I Spy a couple of weeks ago, and Mark Hamill because... well, because who can pass up a Star Wars reference? laugh

I won't call you on cheating for using IMDB (though if it were my family I would have...) :p

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
thumbsup Love all those movies- came up with Owen Wilson because I just rewatched I Spy a couple of weeks ago, and Mark Hamill because... well, because who can pass up a Star Wars reference? laugh

I won't call you on cheating for using IMDB (though if it were my family I would have...) :p
[/QUOTE]

LOL! Double bonus points? hyper

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just heard a game on the radio I could totally see L&C playing (if that's which characters this is for). Where you guess the title of a book by the name of the chapters. Reminded me of guess the dwarves and guess the reindeer game they played.

For example: (the numbers do not match the chapter numbers)

1) Almost Paradise
2) Skeleton
3) The Tour
4) Breeding Sites
5) The Park
And the last hint Epilogue: San Jose

Can you guess the book?

Another Book (easier):

Chapter 3 - The Black Spot
Chapter 11 - What I Heard in the Apple Barrel
Chapter 27 - "Pieces of Eight"

What is the book?

I could also see them playing a variation of this game, guess the book from the names of the characters.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

Another Book (easier):

What is the book?
Treasure Island.

Yep. I could see them playing that game.

But, to tell the truth, there's only one book I can think of whose chapter names I remember. Here are a couple of the chapters:

An Unexpected Party
Riddles in the Dark.

I rather suspect that this one will be extremely easy to guess for anyone who has read the book.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

Another Book (easier):

What is the book?
Treasure Island.

Yep. I could see them playing that game.

But, to tell the truth, there's only one book I can think of whose chapter names I remember. Here are a couple of the chapters:

An Unexpected Party
Riddles in the Dark.

I rather suspect that this one will be extremely easy to guess for anyone who has read the book.

Joy,
Lynn
Ding! Ding! Ding! Get that woman a Clarkie Bear! laugh Yes, that was Treasure Island. I figured with Clark's super memory, he'd be the one reciting the chapter names to Lois... who ALWAYS thinks she has the answers!

Of course, for more irony, Clark could always use H.G. Wells' novels to stump her. laugh

Have no idea on your book. "Through the Looking Glass" is the only one I could come up with, but I don't think that's right.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Can I guess your book, Lynn? In fact, it's the only one that sounds familiar to me blush but it is VERY familiar, one of my favorite books: JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit.

smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
I can't tell a book by the names of the chapters, but I know a story from heart that I used to tell my girls when they were in the mood for a story.

A young man wanted to become a master of the sword, so he went around asking for the greatest sword master in the land. He searched high and low, asking many people, and after several years of travel he finally came to a thickly forested mountain where the fabled sword master lived. More days of sweat and climbing brought him to the sword master's hovel where the young man threw himself at the feet of the master and said "Teach me the ways of the sword, so that I may be a master like you!"
The Master said, "It is very hard, and takes a long time."

"How long?" his new apprentice asked.

"At least 10 years."

"What if I work twice as hard to learn."

"Twenty years." answered the sword master.

But the young man was determined to learn and decided to stay, but the sword master began putting him to all sorts of menial tasks, like gathering wood, fetching buckets of water up and down the mountain, making dinner and scrubbing out pots. The young man thought this must be a test of how well he obeyed, but one day when a large chunk of wood fell on his foot, he cursed and yelled that he must be foolish to think he was going to learn anything. Just then the sword master jumped out of the bushes and starting beating his apprentice with a wooden sword. The apprentice was left sobbing and bruised on the forest floor, but since it was the first time he'd seen the sword master do any sort of sword play, he stayed, expecting the lessons to begin any time.

Days and days of nothing and the apprentice was rethinking his decision to leave while making dinner, when suddenly the sword master jumped out of the shadows with his wooden sword once more, beating the apprentice for all he was worth. The third time this happened the apprentice was able to get away by running. Another time he ducked and rolled down a hill. Pretty soon the attacks came every day, several times, while the apprentice was sleeping, using the bathroom, whatever time the sword master thought he could catch the apprentice unaware.

Then one day while the apprentice was cutting vegtables for soup, the sword master came running to strike him from behind. The apprentice merely lifted the soup lid from the pot and blocked the blow. He had become a master of the sword without ever touching one.

The end.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, thanks for the Clarkie doll. The perfect prize. smile Alice is a good guess, but it isn't right.

Anti-K, you get a Clarkie doll of your own. "The Hobbit" it is.

Joy,
Lynn

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Pippi Longstocking (Swedish Pippi Långstrump)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the suggestions, Shimauma and Meadowrose. It may take a while, but they may show up in an epic some day.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard