Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Good Luck! Don't forget your recs! (You can email or PM these to me if you prefer.) dance

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Last chance to shore up a little lead again blush And yes, your last one was quite hard. But, as I’ve seen with my last one, a quizzes hardness is quite subjective.

B
e
s
t

O
r
i
g
i
n
a
l

/

S
u
p
p
o
r
t
i
n
g

C
h
a
r
a
c
t
e
r

Spoiler space for today’s active topics. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer pellentesque metus nec arcu imperdiet sit amet laoreet augue egestas. Etiam vestibulum semper blandit.

Quotes:

1. Aussie Rules by Corrina! But which character. Seb? Bluey? Browny?

2. *sigh*

3. Bob’s Home is Where the Hurt Is adaption. Sam and Jonathan playing checkers. Like Father, Like Daughter.

4. ‘intentionally left blank’

5. dizzy Another Aussie Rules? This one about someone telling Rubber about Flinders footy knowledge? But then what about #1? Tank’s homage is not in the run, so… But, I think, this one cold be Bluey.

6. Bruce Wayne. But which story? On a wild guess: A Tale of Two Marthas by Anonpip?

7. huh

8. The radar operators from Eye in the Sky by Saori Tanaka.

9. Henderson. Henderson phoning Lois after Clark’s apartment burned down to arrange for a cover. Of course, Lois doesn’t know laugh That was a challenge response. But which story…

10. confused

11. Inspector Big Mouth by Anonpip. Lois talked really loud to Henderson about Clark’s secret?

12. Clark taking off. But what else?

Excerpts:

1. Aha, Seb. I did sort of wonder since #5 sounded more like the staff talking over a beer. So, indeed AR by FH. And you’re truly devious, putting the same story up twice with different characters. But then, you’re also doling out additional points, so no complaints on the tweaked rules here laugh

2. Arrrrrg. I *know* that story.

4. First minister? Now, which story could that be…? Just kiddin! That’s Rac’s The Long Road Home. Although, I did forget that he wasn’t already in space when this started. So, that makes the guy from the quote the El families old doctor and close friend of the family. By the name of huh (Good luck with figuring out those points wink huh

8. So, now you’re pulling blanks? Then, why did you leave Sam up there in the quote? Was there another character (besides Martha and Ellen) in LFLD?

9. Still a blank on the title/author thingy. But the story remains the same.

10. nope.

11. Huh?

12. wallbash

Yeah, that was a weird mix of hard and easy. You are evil. /waits impatiently for the answers and imagines hoarse cackling sounds in the ether/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I've no idea how I'll do on this quiz. Let's find out:

From the quotes:
1 Short, yet telling, at least as to story. It's got to be Aussie Rules, by Female Hawk. I don't recall who said the quote. If it weren't for the quiz category, I'd have guessed the character to be Lois "Flinders" Lane. As it is, I'll guess her boss...Hmmm...I'm awful with names, but I think his nickname may have been Blacky. (Or Browny, or some such dark colour. *sigh* I'll stick with Blacky.)
2 ?
3 IIRC, Sam played Jonathan, and both were excellent players. Unfortunately, that doesn't get me any points.
4 ?
5 ? Hawthorn? So much for "arvo" being the Big Tell in #1. You are right -- you are being tricky in this! OK. So I'll guess "Aussie Rules" by Female Hawk with Blacky speaking for #5.
6 ?
7 I immediately recognized this as The Gifts by me, and was puzzled about who the original or supporting character could be, and then I laughed when I remembered that I wrote Tank into the story. And I know who said the quote: Clark. So I guess the quotes are not necessarily by the original/supporting characters. I'll keep that in mind for the rest of the quiz.
8 Eye in the Sky by Saori nee Tanaka?
9 I'm pretty sure this is Inspector Henderson speaking in Inspector Bigmouth, by anonpip
10 ?
11 ?
12 ?

Hmmm. I didn't do very well with the quotes. Let's try the excerpts. If not included, my excerpt answer is the same as my quote answer:
1 All right. This sure sounds like Aussie Rules again. Could this be part of the trick -- you listed the same story twice.
4 I tend not to read New Krypton stories, so I'll guess a story I haven't read; Different Directions by LaraMoon
6 Clasicalla's Bats!, and the vampire in question is none other than the Batman himself, Bruce Wayne. (Do we need to identify which version of Bats!? If so, I'll guess Version One, but I *think* the excerpt is common to both versions.)
12 The Time Traveller's Wife, by ML Thompson

I'd rate my performance on this quiz as fair to middlin. I'm curious about how well others do on it.

This was an exceptionally fun quiz. Thanks for writing it, Nancy!

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
# 7 is on the archive. (Hint, hint.)

~~~~~~~~~~

why did you leave Sam up there in the quote?
From the quiz:
Guess the character (which is not listed in the quote or excerpt)
evil

~~~~~~~~~~

You are right -- you are being tricky in this!
You are evil. /waits impatiently for the answers and imagines hoarse cackling sounds in the ether/
Hehehe...

~~~~~~~~~~

So I guess the quotes are not necessarily by the original/supporting characters.
That's true. They may not be. BUT they do point to the character.

~~~~~~~~~~

As a reminder, you are allowed to look at the story.

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I've done very well so far, so I'm sure to ace this 'devious' quiz, right? Yeah, that's what I thought! goofy

B
e
s
t

O
r
i
g
i
n
a
l

/

S
u
p
p
o
r
t
i
n
g

C
h
a
r
a
c
t
e
r

Quote # 1: Dunno, is 'arvo' a clue? Do you say 'arvo' in the States, so this is really vague, or is it not used so won't crop up in many stories? Come to that, is it an Aussie phrase that we don't use in the UK but has sunk into my head as normal speech after a lifetime of watching a certain Australian soap (honestly, I come from a generation that's picked up a lot of Aussie slang from that show)? Suddenly feel very confused and hating the language barrier between three variations of English. Well, if it's Australian, it's gotta be someone from Aussie Rules by Female Hawk.
Quote # 2: Oh, familiar. Might have to go through and count up how many times I've said 'familiar' throughout these quizzes, bet it's a higher number than my overall score! laugh
Quote # 3: I don't want to say familiar again, but it is. And I'll assume that, with this quiz being devious and all, the character I'm looking for isn't Sam, so I'll guess Ellen!
Quote # 4: ?
Quote # 5: Well, I think the story is Aussie Rules by Female Hawk, and there was quite a few characters in it, and I can remember none of their names.
Quote # 6: ? (instead of familiar)
Quote # 7: Just read this! The Gifts by Lynn S M, and I'm assuming that the character is Tank!
Quote # 8: What?!
Quote # 9: Lane, covering for Clark in Indonesia? Inspector Bigmouth by anonpip, with the character being the eponymous Inspector Bigm-- I mean, Henderson?
Quote # 10: ?
Quote # 11: ?
Quote # 12: ?

Excerpt # 1: Nothing to add to previous (long and rambling) answer.
Excerpt # 2: ?
Excerpt # 3: Still don't know the story, and still don't know the character, unless the 'devious' description is a double bluff and it *is* Sam...
Excerpt # 4: I don't know, but I'll guess Zara or Ching... because I have nothing to lose by stating the obvious, even if I know it's wrong!
Excerpt # 5: No better answer than the one I gave for the quote.
Excerpt # 6: Oh, Bats by Classicalla, couldn't tell you which version, but therefore the character is Batman... or the bats.
Excerpt # 7: OK, I'm convinced the answer I gave from the quote is right. If it isn't, I'll forfeit all of my running score!
Excerpt # 8: ? - but I guess ________ is the character. Can I get bonus points for sheer cheek with that one? laugh
Excerpt # 9: Yeah, think my first answer for this one's correct as well.
Excerpt # 10: ?
Excerpt # 11: ?, but as a random guess, Jonathan or Martha.
Excerpt # 12: I'm not sure this is right, but because it's the best answer my memory can come up with, I'll say the story is The Time Traveller's Wife by ML Thompson.

Well, I had quite a few guesses in there, so maybe I won't do amazingly badly this time. Or I've just made lots and lots of mistakes!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK, here we go!
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

From the sentences:
1. It has to be someone from "Aussie Rules" by Female Hawk. Lois's editor Browny?
5. From "Aussie Rules" again, but I'm not sure who? And would you quote "Aussie Rules" twice in the same quiz?
9. Henderson from "Inspector Big Mouth" by Dandello.

OK, now from the excerpts:
1. Oh wait, it's Seb, Lois's foster brother, from Aussie Rules!
3. I remember reading this one - Sam and Jonathan (?) playing checkers? But I can't remember more, darn it!
4. "The Long Road Home" by Raconteur? Not sure of the character
5. The guys at the bar who take Clark out for a drink when he gets to Australia, in "Aussie Rules"
6. "When an Irresistable Force.." by Lynn SM - Jimmy?
7. "The Gifts" by Lynn SM with Tank Wilson making a cameo appearance!
11. I think it's Martha speaking, but I don't know the fic.
12. Molly in "The Time Traveler's Wife" by ML Thompson?

Kerth
Kerth
B
E
S
T
~
~
O
R
I
G
I
N
A
L
~
~
C
H
A
R
A
C
T
E
R

1. The 'arvo' suggests Australian. /checks file of Aussie Rules/ Ron Wilton said it, refering to Seb Wilton. I'm going with Seb, Aussie Rules, by FH.

2. Lucy? Iolanthe's Get the Story!

5. Hawthorn sort of gives it away. wink Banjo said it, although perhaps the 'original character' is the Hawthorn Football Club. Anyway, the fic is AR by FH

11. I don't know the character, but I think the quote is from Inspector Big Mouth by Anonpip

12. Molly? The Time Travelers Wife by MLT

Excerps ...

1. That's Seb Wilton laugh
3. Like Father, Like Daughter by Bob. Character - Sam
5. Banjo, rather than the HFC.
7. Lynn S M wrote it, Tank was involved, but I can't remember anything else.

Thanks for the quiz, Nancy - though it was tough!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
B

U

F

F

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

B

U

F

F

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

B

U

F

F

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Q1: ?
Q2: ?
Q3: ?
Q4: ?
Q5: Aussie Rules by Female Hawk
Q6: Bats! by Classicalla
Q7: ?
Q8: ?
Q9: ?
Q10: ?
Q11: ?
Q12: ?

E1: ?
E2: Get The Story! by IolantheAlias - Lucy
E3: Like Father, Like Daughter by me (I can’t believe I didn’t get it on the Quote.) – Sam Lane
E4: The Longest Road: The Long Road Home by Rac
E7: The Gifts by Lynn S. M.
E8: Eye in the Sky by Saori Tanaka
E9: Inspector Big Mouth by anonpip - Bill Henderson
E10: The Longest Road: The Long Road Home by Rac (again? I don’t understand?)
E11: Inspector Big Mouth by anonpip (okay, 2 in a row…) – Martha Kent
E12: The Time Traveler's Wife by ML Thompson

Bob

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cackles in the ether... cat I like that, Michael.

You still have time to answer!!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
e
s
t

O
r
i
g
i
n
a
l

/

S
u
p
p
o
r
t
i
n
g

C
h
a
r
a
c
t
e
r

Late again but who's really watching the clock right?
blush

1. Definitely "Aussie Rules" by Female Hawk, but the character from the quote - not sure; from the excerpt - Seb!

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. Again "Aussie Rules" by Female Hawk, from the quote - Bluey?

6. ?

7. "The Gifts" by Lynn S. M. from the excerpt - Tank? laugh

8. ?

9. Henderson from "Inspector Big Mouth" by anonpip from the quote

10. ?

11. Martha! from "Inspector Big Mouth" by anonpip from the excerpt

12. "Time Traveler's Wife" by ML Thompson from the excerpt - Molly?

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm working on the scores everyone. My "tricky" quiz also made for tricky scoring!

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whew! I thought I would miss this one. I've only got a few minutes, so I'm not very optimistic about how I'll do at this quiz.

Here goes nothin'!

B
e
s
t

O
r
i
g
i
n
a
l

/

S
u
p
p
o
r
t
i
n
g

C
h
a
r
a
c
t
e
r

Quotes:
1. Female Hawk's "Aussie Rules". My only problem is remembering which of her awesome original characters said this one... How about Seb?
2. Not a clue which story or author, but it sounds like it could have been said by Jimmy. (yep, angling for another .25 points)
3. Er... ?
4. ??
5. Well, it's definitely Female Hawk's "Aussie Rules" again. Is this Brownie?
6. I read it, but ...nadda.
7. Read this one, too. grumble
8. Ha! Saori's "Eye in the Sky" -- Phil.
9. This is "Inspector Bigmouth" by Anonpip. I'm pretty sure it was Henderson speaking.
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??

Hmm. Let's try excerpts.
1. Sticking with Seb
2. Still sounds like Jimmy. Still can't remember story or author.
3. ??
4. Sounds familiar. I must have read it at some point.
5. Uh oh. This might have been one of Flinder's other coworkers, but... I'm sticking with my previous answer.
6. Aha! This is Classicalla's "Bats" The character is Bruce Wayne/Batman.
7. Darn! I read it, but can't remember who wrote it. The character is Tank Wilson. laugh
10. Still ??
11. ??
12. Ooh, this is MLT's "Time Traveler's Wife". I think it's Molly.

Great quiz. Thanks!
B

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard