I've done very well so far, so I'm sure to ace this 'devious' quiz, right? Yeah, that's what I thought! goofy

B
e
s
t

O
r
i
g
i
n
a
l

/

S
u
p
p
o
r
t
i
n
g

C
h
a
r
a
c
t
e
r

Quote # 1: Dunno, is 'arvo' a clue? Do you say 'arvo' in the States, so this is really vague, or is it not used so won't crop up in many stories? Come to that, is it an Aussie phrase that we don't use in the UK but has sunk into my head as normal speech after a lifetime of watching a certain Australian soap (honestly, I come from a generation that's picked up a lot of Aussie slang from that show)? Suddenly feel very confused and hating the language barrier between three variations of English. Well, if it's Australian, it's gotta be someone from Aussie Rules by Female Hawk.
Quote # 2: Oh, familiar. Might have to go through and count up how many times I've said 'familiar' throughout these quizzes, bet it's a higher number than my overall score! laugh
Quote # 3: I don't want to say familiar again, but it is. And I'll assume that, with this quiz being devious and all, the character I'm looking for isn't Sam, so I'll guess Ellen!
Quote # 4: ?
Quote # 5: Well, I think the story is Aussie Rules by Female Hawk, and there was quite a few characters in it, and I can remember none of their names.
Quote # 6: ? (instead of familiar)
Quote # 7: Just read this! The Gifts by Lynn S M, and I'm assuming that the character is Tank!
Quote # 8: What?!
Quote # 9: Lane, covering for Clark in Indonesia? Inspector Bigmouth by anonpip, with the character being the eponymous Inspector Bigm-- I mean, Henderson?
Quote # 10: ?
Quote # 11: ?
Quote # 12: ?

Excerpt # 1: Nothing to add to previous (long and rambling) answer.
Excerpt # 2: ?
Excerpt # 3: Still don't know the story, and still don't know the character, unless the 'devious' description is a double bluff and it *is* Sam...
Excerpt # 4: I don't know, but I'll guess Zara or Ching... because I have nothing to lose by stating the obvious, even if I know it's wrong!
Excerpt # 5: No better answer than the one I gave for the quote.
Excerpt # 6: Oh, Bats by Classicalla, couldn't tell you which version, but therefore the character is Batman... or the bats.
Excerpt # 7: OK, I'm convinced the answer I gave from the quote is right. If it isn't, I'll forfeit all of my running score!
Excerpt # 8: ? - but I guess ________ is the character. Can I get bonus points for sheer cheek with that one? laugh
Excerpt # 9: Yeah, think my first answer for this one's correct as well.
Excerpt # 10: ?
Excerpt # 11: ?, but as a random guess, Jonathan or Martha.
Excerpt # 12: I'm not sure this is right, but because it's the best answer my memory can come up with, I'll say the story is The Time Traveller's Wife by ML Thompson.

Well, I had quite a few guesses in there, so maybe I won't do amazingly badly this time. Or I've just made lots and lots of mistakes!