Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Muffin Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hello All!

After reading LnC fanfic for well over ten years now, I have decided to try my hand at a short vignette. I do have some questions that I was hoping to get some help on. One question I had was regarding Clark/Superman. If Superman is the news story in question, how possible would it be for Clark to cover the story? For example, if there was a press conference and Clark was assigned to it, would it be terribly awkward for Clark not to be seen with the other reporters but still get the story? Would Clark be questioned on his credibility? Is there a place for reporters to check in before the press conference? As you can tell, I've never attended a press conference and am in no way a reporter. ;-) I also tend to wonder about things very specifically and have a hard time writing stories because I'll have one little nagging question that just won't let me continue! mad However, I'm sure none of you other wonderful fanfiction writers have those issues. laugh My other question is would anyone be willing to beta read my story when I get something finished? hyper Just be gentle. blush

Kerth
Kerth
Hi Muffin

I have decided to try my hand at a short vignette.
thumbsup

You can have someone question his credibility if that fits with the rest of your story. If it doesn't fit, you could gloss over it. One of the great things about writing LnC is that the show left so many unanswered questions, we can, too!

If it's important to the fic, have Superman fly out, and Clark arrive - a little flustered at being late. He could ask a couple of people what was said.

PM me if you need a BR.

Corrina.

Muffin Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks for the reply, Corrina. Sorry I haven't answered sooner, but my Internet connection went south the day I wrote this. I've just now been able to get back on. I'll let you know about BRing my story as well. And thanks for the advice on the story. Um, one more question. . . what's PM?

Kerth
Kerth
PM = Private Message.

I've sent you a PM. Go to 'my profile' and it should be there for you to reply if you want to.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Muffin,

I agree with Corrina. You can gloss over what doesn't work for your story, or focus on the question if it helps. The show did that all the time. There are many things that happen on the show that wouldn't be realistic in real life. We all agree to suspend our disbelief.

If you'd like another set of eyes to look at your story, send me a copy by e-mail. I have plenty of time for about the next month. After that, I have a baby due and all bets are off.

Good for you for taking the plunge. This is a very supportive group of readers.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Features Writer
Features Writer
If Superman is the news story in question, how possible would it be for Clark to cover the story? For example, if there was a press conference and Clark was assigned to it, would it be terribly awkward for Clark not to be seen with the other reporters but still get the story? Would Clark be questioned on his credibility? Is there a place for reporters to check in before the press conference? As you can tell, I've never attended a press conference and am in no way a reporter.

Welcome to the writing side of things. I am a journalist, so feel free to PM me with any questions ... I have played technical adviser for many FoLCs. wink

It wouldn't be inconceivable that Clark get the story if he wasn't at the press conference if he said that he was able to meet with Superman one on one either before or after he gave the press conference. Given that people know that Superman is especially close with Lois and Clark, it wouldn't be far fetched for him to grant one or both of them an interview away from the masses.

And because of that relationship, I don't see other reporters questioning him (unless it's Lois doing the questioning) -- giving private interviews to select reporters is a known practice, especially for bigger papers with earlier deadlines/multiple editions. Also, for a press conference, reporters usually identify themselves at the door upon arrival if it's a formal one, but if it's more of an outdoor, spontaneous one, I'd say that it's not as structured and people wouldn't check in as readily unless there was information to pick up, like a press packet.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard